Dancing with the Stars !!! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Dancing with the Stars !!!

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
Compared to last season with Kristi Yamaguchi and the season before with Apolo Ohno, I am finding this season rather boring. None of the "Stars" can dance very well, and other than Lacy and her partner Lance, the routines are rather dull and clumsy.

Just not enjoying this season at all.

There is no Kristi, Apolo or even a Joey Fatone, but there are some colorful personalities. And the air is clear now that Kim Kardashian is heading home. :rock: What was that speech? Trying to make the viewers feel guilty?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
There is no Kristi, Apolo or even a Joey Fatone, but there are some colorful personalities. And the air is clear now that Kim Kardashian is heading home. :rock: What was that speech? Trying to make the viewers feel guilty?

Hmm? Did I miss something? The results show is just on now.

CB1AB2

Medalist
No I didn't think that Cloris was better than Rocco or Kim = but no matter how she (dances)she is going to get the sympathy vote for a while longer = just my oppinion=

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I sure missed the speech. Wish I knew what she said.

I believe what the poster was referring to regarding "the speech" was when Kim was asked as the results show was closing if she had at least enjoyed her time on the show (or words to that effect). Kim answered that her father died exactly five years previously and she thinks he would have been proud of her, or something along those lines. It's sweet to remember one's parents, but the tone of her answer was maybe a bit maudlin and it kinda came out of nowhere in matching the tone of the interview to that point.

(Ladskater, please correct me if you really meant something else.)

Jhar55

Medalist
Just read that Misty may be out due to an ankle injury. Guess we won't know anything until the show airs tonight. Even though she's not the best dancer don't like to see anyone out due to an injury.
This season so far has been little disapointing with the choice of "stars". I understand the concept of having someone with no dance training but com on they gotten worse with stars like Cloris, yes she was funny the first week but the old stick gets little old.

heyang

Record Breaker
Yes, Misty is out . She tore her Achilles tendon. She's having surgery tommorrow.

Also, during practice, Derek tripped and hit his head when he fell. He did blackout momentarily, went to the hospital, but got a 'good to go' from the Doctor's.

Best jive tonight goes to Maurice and Cheryl IMO. Best Viennese Waltz - Brooke & Derek. Props to Warren Sapp's waltz too - he doesn't have the technique of Derek, but the big guy can move and play the part.

Warren Sapp had the rise and fall of the waltz down. Very cool.

I thought Derek's choreography for Brook was superb. Do the dancers really come up with the choreography, or do real choreographers come in to help out?

Very entertaiuning show, I thought. Each act was unique. Especially Cloris Leachman :laugh: Cloris once said that when she was a girl the other kids called her "Clorox Bleachman."

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tonight was the first night I watched and was totally amazed at what Cloris was able to do. :clap: :clap: Good for her!!!!

Dee

CB1AB2

Medalist
because Misty is now out I bet that no one goes home tonight and next week they will combine the scores from this and next week and the lowest will go home ==

CB1AB2

Medalist
Well i was right -no one went home = last night was a good show- rocco is probably going home = even thou cloris should be the one -she had a good routine last night but it is time for her to go home and put her feet up and just watch the real dancing. I really liked lacy and lance tonight. Dereck and brooke were awesome i don't think it was to erotic. Cody is getting better.too

Jhar55

Medalist
I knew Rocco would be going soon but figured Cloris would go first. She must have a bigger fan base than anyone figured.
Loved the junior dancers, it's so hard to choose who you liked better, but the correct ones moved on last night.

heyang

Record Breaker
I knew Rocco would be going soon but figured Cloris would go first. She must have a bigger fan base than anyone figured.
Loved the junior dancers, it's so hard to choose who you liked better, but the correct ones moved on last night.

Cloris probably has the AARP vote!!:rofl: Just kidding. Some people give her credit because of her age, some people find her amusing and IMO she is more entertaining than Rocco on the dance floor. I admit that I didn't enjoy the 'slapstick' moves in their choreography of past weeks, but this week she did a credible job.

Rocco is just not a dancer by any means. Granted, he's not as bad as Eddie Maine, Master P and Billy Rae Cyrus, but probably only because he was at least trying.

definitely Lacey and Lance's best week. A true tango with an injection of their personality. Brooke/Derek and Warren/Kym are still amongst my favorites, although I agree that Warren's was a simple samba and he can do better.

CB1AB2

Medalist
I am so Mad == I missed last night show because there was Monday Night Football on.
What a bummer.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I really enjoyed this week! It was fun to see some new dance styles presented. I really associate the jitterbug much more with the 40's (and late 30's) than the
50's, so I liked Julianne's 40's housewife cutting loose costume (along with Cody's 40's cool) more than Derek and Brooke's 50's look. But both jitterbugs were VERY fun to watch.

Loved the hustle dances, too. Funny, I like the 1970's now far more than I did as a child growing up in them -- and I really despised most things 1970 in the 80's when we made great fun of all the flared legs, platform shoes, etc. -- but now of course we're actually wearing some of those things again (and I still hate the floppy legs on pants, they interfere with movement). Anyway, Susan had a point when she said Studio 54 WAS uptown, after the judges criticised her for not getting down and dirty enough with the hustle. Bruno said she was too "precious," which was perhaps true, but I enjoyed watching her all the same. Thought both hustles did a good job incorporating most of the familiar moves w/o devolving into parody.

Glad Cheryl and Maurice did well this week and stepped up their game.

*SPOILER* alert if you're on the west coast and haven't gotten the results yet:

A little surprised Toni went home. Her dancing has been kind of uninspired, but I figured she still had a pretty big fan base that would carry her through. And I will say I think she really, really wanted to do well -- she seemed very emotionally invested in this thing to me (maybe too much so).

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
^Ahh, ok, even with the wig I didn't get it. Duh. But Cody didn't much remind me of Desi.

Fun dances, I hope the show will keep adding these new twists every time -- keeps it interesting.

Jhar55

Medalist
Loved this weeks dances, the jitterbug and the west coast swing.
Like few others whne I saw Julianna's dress it also reminded me of Lucy, guess Cody tried to be Desi. She has the complete look and jiggled when they showed her ruffle undies.
I was expecting Cloris or Susan to leave, wasn't to impressed with any of Toni's dances. Think what keeping Cloris is all the senior and AARP voters ;)
What about next week with judge Len not being there and guest judge the guy for River Dance? Will be interesting.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
What about next week with judge Len not being there and guest judge the guy for River Dance? Will be interesting.

Oh, gosh, thanks for bringing that up! I love Riverdance, Lord of the Dance, etc. and am looking forward to seeing what's up with Michael Flatley these days. Also how he presents himself as a judge and so forth will be very interesting -- will be interested in what personality/persona he shows!

Now, if they could only get Jean Butler, too :clap::clap::clap: -- always loved her quiet elegance. Bring us Jean, DWTS!!!

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I think perhaps a double post is ok here given that the other post was about last week, and it's old?

If not, my apologies ...
-----------------------------------

Enjoyed Michael Flatley as guest judge. He obviously went more with overall impression than technique with his scoring and comments, for the most part. He was more lenient than Carrie Ann and Bruno for several whose performances he found captivating.

One big "boo" to Carrie Ann: Although I haven't enjoyed Cloris all that much, I don't think it's fair for Carrie Ann or any of the judges to basically accuse contestants of some sort of wrongdoing because they're not better dancers than someone who's been eliminated. That kind of personal accusation seems uncalled for. Carrie Ann said something close to, "We lost Toni Braxton, a good dancer, for THIS" to Cloris after she and Corky danced. That's pretty low. It's not Cloris's fault she's still in and Toni's out. Toni was hardly stellar herself, and if Toni didn't have the vote, she didn't have the vote. It's not like Cloris is out there bribing the public for support or rigging the phones to take Toni's votes or something.

Also, it's not like Cloris doesn't try. She doesn't seem half-hearted about this. And, earlier in the season, I think maybe for the paso?, when she attempted to do more dance steps and less acting, posturing, and entertaining, Carrie Ann dinged her for that and said she'd better stick with the entertainment factor, as that was her strength. But this week, when she's going for the entertainment factor, and the audience is responding, Carrie Ann's got to remark (and I think maybe Bruno did, too) on how she's convincing the audience and selling them on a dance that isn't really a proper dance. So Cloris is really darned if she does and darned if she doesn't, in some respects.

Now, I'm not arguing that Cloris is a good dancer at all. And I don't think the judges should hold back in their SCORING. But the personal remark implying Cloris was at fault because she was in and Toni was out was VERY inappropriate to me.

The judges have to remember that, although their marks have a partial but direct effect on the outcome, and their REmarks presumably have an indirect effect to the extent they influence the voters, it's still a popularity contest. If they want a true competition, they'll have to change formats.

I enjoy DWTS so much because the show doesn't usually go over the top with pushing for controversy, tears ('though of course they do it some, like all reality shows do), ugly comments, poor taste, etc. So I don't want to see it go too much toward letting the judges be cruelly insulting.

Rant over ...;)