Dancing with the Stars !!! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Dancing with the Stars !!!

Jhar55

Medalist
rallycain: I so much agree with you on Carrie Ann's comment on Cloris.
Maybe it's time for Carrie Ann to take a vacation tried of her rude comments.
Yes Cloris was never the best dancer and also I think when they added her to the cast someone thought she'd be out the first week. And maybe she should have, but she's brought a side of the show that no ones thought about. No matter what your age give it a try. As for Toni she wasn't one of my favorite she and I am not voting this year. Even though Cloris will most likely go tonight, I'd laugh my behind off if she still hung around couple of more weeks just to tick Carrie Ann off. Guess the show big wiggs didn't realise how many senior citenzens watched the show.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I want to say how very happy I am to hear what Carrie Ann had to say about loosing Tony for "this." Yes entertaining C.L. is and she does try but losing Tony for antics. They might just rename the show "humoring the stars." Reminiscent of Jerry Springer, but I will say Jerry was a better dancer.

I have High hopes for Maurice and am losing my enthusiasm for Warren. On with the show, my favorites are still Lance and Lacy, Brooke has now achieved my liking and do conceder her the best - pre injury (and as Miki was so smitten with her this is precisely why I did not like her - props to coach on that, was superb choreography around that injury - that kid ROCKS:agree::agree:) and I think Cheryl is just SO GOOD at what she does that Maurice will be a surprise week after week - the question is the fans.

E.C.F.N. (enough chitter-chatter for now);)

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I want to say how very happy I am to hear what Carrie Ann had to say about loosing Tony for "this." Yes entertaining C.L. is and she does try but losing Tony for antics.
I am another who thought Carrie Ann was very rude to Cloris. I can only hope that I can do what Cloris does at her age.

Dee

CB1AB2

Medalist
I think it was past time for Cloris to be voted off. Like 2 weeks past. I like her, but enough was enough.

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
I think Carrie Ann was honest. I wish everyone would stop apologizing for speaking their minds. The "everyone gets along" pc crap is ridiculous.

I think the reason Carrie Ann was criticized was not because she "spoke her mind." It was because she seemed to blame Cloris for something that was not Cloris' fault.

Carry Ann made it seem like she was saying, "shame on you Cloris for having the nerve to still be in the contest when more talented dancers have been voted out."

As Heyang wrote above, Carry Ann could have just critiqued Cloris' dancing (terrible) and not made it seem like an attack on Cloris' moral character.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Carrie Ann was honest. I wish everyone would stop apologizing for speaking their minds. The "everyone gets along" pc crap is ridiculous.
I agree with you to a point. I think there is a difference in being honest and just plain rude and for me not only rude but very, very disrespectful. I think Carrie Ann was both those to Cloris and didn't need to be.

Dee

And another thing...:laugh: If you didn't vote to keep Toni, then you don't get to gripe that Cloris stayed and Toni got the boot. ;)

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am disagreeing with all of this to a point. Carrie Ann did not insult Cloris, she questioned America's rationality ?voters for their choice and stated her opinion to America and as a Dancing Judge. She is not a judge of popularity or who tries the hardest wins.

Closis knows she is honored to vote off someone who has better talent at dancing. I don't get where feeling sorry for Cloris is coming into this. It all very much honored her and will continue to. She will be a part of this season and a very memorable one and it goes to show how much her personality is liked.

Carrie Ann gave her "props" for how she tried and how good she was, it is Americas convoluted view of turning a Dance contest into a popularity contest that is disturbing to all judges of these types of shows.

So I am not really sure that =anyone is understanding that Cloris is not insulted - quite the contrary - she should feel recognized and respected for being so liked that someone who fit the dancing bill better than her got the boot before she did. I am sure next week Cloris will have a comment to make - as she again tries to take the dancing out of the dance contest and grab the spotlight for as long as she can again - that we'll all feel better about her leaving. And she stays popular again.

Yes this show is at the mercy of being a pop contest as they all are, but I don't think it is right for us to be raising a stink when a person who is connected to every show tries to save some credibility and remind us what it is really about - in hopes it doesn't get to far out of control.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am disagreeing with all of this to a point.
Sean, that's why I like you, you stick to your guns. I'm sticking to my guns too. I think Carrie Ann was rude and disrespectful.

Welcome back, we've always had good discussions and I missed that while you were gone.

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Welcome back, we've always had good discussions and I missed that while you were gone.

Dee
Thanks Dee, I missed many here as well.

Now if I can get the time to start PMing everyone like I used to .... I think that is something I will miss for a while. :cool:

Shannon - or as I am starting to call her "WinniBu" (Winnie is the nick name for Win Si - Mom changed the spelling for the birth certificate - and as you know we share a last name so "WinnniBu" ) - she is wonderfully time consuming. I found I was sleeping leaned over the bassinet with her head in my hands asleep. So easy to loose track of time.

BOT sortta* she was kinda perky during DWTS, thought the big blurry colorful light Daddy was watching was interesting, But she was "captivated" - when not eating - during Skate America. Her favorite by far was Johnny with second a tie between Miria and Rachelle. She wanted to turn ad look at daddy or Mommy for the rest of them. ;)

Last edited:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was thinking about this a little and I wanted to point out the first person I think any of the Judges or my self thought MUST GO AS SOON AS POSSIBLE was Kim K. I thought she was a complete mockery of DWTS and should pay them for the publicity she smutted and self absorbed while she was on the show. She is one that had no intention in dancing and I wish the judges would have railed her more so than Bruno's little comments. Carrie Ann should have told her " you are not her to dance and we are not into promoting your conceded sluttly distracting and morally questionable to the viewers of this show, and I think we should give you ones because you ONLY try to look pretty and don't dance at all. America vote her off now please!"

that was the only time I feel a contestant just didn't try AT ALL from the start. For God's sake she couldn't even get into character - waist she was for the show IMO.:cool:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
More than the stars that get voted off, I miss the pros when they are no longer on........when I vote it's usually to keep them in the game and not the celebs...:love: 42

Jhar55

Medalist
Will the show be on this Tuesday, since it's election day here and most networks will be showing the results? Or will we have to wait till Wed. see who gets booted (Susan)

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I checked and it's going to be on Wednesday.

Dee

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Interesting night. Enjoyed the team challenge group numbers. The paso group indeed came off better, but I appreciated Len's comments that the cha-cha-cha probably presented more challenge to a group in keeping in sync, etc.

Also found myself agreeing with Len about Lance and Lacey's rhumba. Just didn't get it -- the concept didn't work for me. Not just the park bench prop and bare feet, but I didn't like a lot of the poses they struck and the shapes they made on the floor -- just didn't seem rhumba-like to me. But Carrie Ann and Bruno really liked it.

And Warren -- gee, I really liked him at first but agree with the judges that he actually is looking less skilled as the season has gone on. But, although the judges criticized him, they still gave his dance all 8's, I believe. Which I didn't like relative to Maurice, who I thought really had nice lines and brought real fun to his number while still retaining the flavor of the dance -- and yet he only scored one point better than Warren. But Maurice and Cheryl continue to grow on me each week, so I'm biased to want good scores for them. (ETA: Correction, maybe Warren only got 21 points for his individual number??)

Brooke -- really enjoyed her for the first time this week. For some reason, despite her judges' darling status, she really has never seemed to have a real spark to me. But her foxtrot was lovely.

Agree a lot with 42 -- I have grown to love certain pros, to the point that I'm rooting for them as much as the "star." Mark, Cheryl, Julianne and Derek are my faves and I'd have a tough time picking among them. OTOH there are pros I don't especially like. Is it just me, or is Edyta "like totally" stuck in the late 70's or early 80's with her hairstyle and clothes? That long straight hair, the ever-present leg warmers, the loud floral designs, and tonight did I catch a glimpse of athletic shorts like we wore back then, with the broad white stripe edging ? -- she just seems like she's out of touch with current style, rather than doing a contemporary take on a former era. But she's sweet enough. Far better than Lacey's drama queen stuff.

Don't have a sense at all of who might go next ... hope it's not Maurice and Cheryl!

Last edited: