Country
Italy

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
1624987305084-png.3931

so Daniel got Skate America and COC it could have been better but also so much worse

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
so Daniel got Skate America and COC it could have been better but also so much worse

Wow. I didn't pick up on Daniel's GP allocations.

Assuming that he gets one of the Olympic slots, Daniel will really be chalking up the Air Miles this season! 😲

OK, onto what I came in here to post about (and apologies in advance for repeating what I have already posted in the Team Fan Fest).

I just saw that Daniel Grassl will tonight become the latest skater to be interviewed by star Mexican commentator Marisol Paiz (our very own @MashaOfficial ).

The interview starts on Monday 12th July 2021 (i.e. TONIGHT) at 14:00 CDT (19:00 GMT / 20:00 BST / 21:00 CEST).

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNTHrcGiL2g

And here is the discussion thread that Masha has posted over in The Edge:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/88615

It's cool that the page for the livestream is currently showing a trailer for Masha's channel. Didn't know that it could be set up to do that. (And I bet you the ISU doesn't know either!)

So, set your alarms!

CaroLiza_fan

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
finally i managed to watch the interview! thank you @MashaOfficial :love2: and for baby Daniel clip:LOL: and yes he is so lovable, now i'm concerned about his free...please not Queen!:cry:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Daniel Grassl about his preparations for the olympic season, cooperation with M ishin and about watching the football Europeans :)

(readable with google translate)

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I could follow most of it, except for one thing. One of the (quad) jumps was translated into 'sheepskin coat'. It was mentioned together with the Salchow. Would that be his toeloop?

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Daniel Grassl about his preparations for the olympic season, cooperation with M ishin and about watching the football Europeans :)

(readable with google translate)
take a leaf from the national football team book, amore di mamma, enter a competition as one of the underdogs and take everything away :D

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I could follow most of it, except for one thing. One of the (quad) jumps was translated into 'sheepskin coat'. It was mentioned together with the Salchow. Would that be his toeloop?
Yes, that's a part of our local folklore on the forum. "Tulup" means truly also a sheepskin coat in russian, so google translate writes sheepskin coat whenever there is a talk about a 4T :)

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I wouldn't say Italians were underdogs :)
they were, remember the team that didn't qualify for worlds? nobody believed we could win Euro Cup, not even us, Germany and France were the favourites (then Switzerland came... :LOL: )

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
they were, remember the team that didn't qualify for worlds? nobody believed we could win Euro Cup, not even us, Germany and France were the favourites (then Switzerland came... :LOL: )
They probably weren't the main favourites for the title, yes, but on the other hand Azzurri should've been still ranked higher than most of the others. And remember Germany did not advance to the knockout stage at the last worlds and England was among the favourites just because most of the matches they played at home :biggrin: The most surprising was the victory of Switzerland over France (also maybe the wildest match of the championship), but that did the dirty work for the Italy :laugh:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I'm still hoping for Italy to get that Team Olympic medal in figure skating. They've been so close, twice now. Maybe Daniel can help make that happen (and I'm sure Matteo will have his part to play).

Thanks @flanker for explaining the sheepskin coat thing. I'm never going to forget - it'll be helpful whenever I read google translated Russian interviews and I happen to read quite a few of those.

Contrary to most of my compatriots I have no idea about football, so I'll not interfere in that discussion!