Daniil Gleikhengauz & Sergei Dudakov Live Press Conference: Live on May 8th | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Daniil Gleikhengauz & Sergei Dudakov Live Press Conference: Live on May 8th

lurkz2

On the Ice
Thank you to MashaOfficial for clarifying what actually happened at the seminar versus some gossip-rag's fake news about it.
Using another gossip-monger (Mr Lease) as a "source", of all things.
It's a shame someone here actually found it neccessary to post that useless article. For what purpose, I have no idea.

It's fine to have disagreements about training methods (as took place on page 1 of this thread).

But why would someone post a link to what has now been shown to be a false, misleading article from a gossip-site?
Not so nice, IMHO.
I actually didn't hear any of the more extreme claims on TSL. Then again, I was listening more to the interview with Ana Cecilia Cantu rather than their free flowing "This and That". Ana Cecilia even explained that using the parking lot was due to COVID restrictions.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Could someone translate these messages from Spanish? Google Translate can't eat screenshots yet...
https://facebook.com/FansdelPatinajeYlaGimnasia/posts/507654464000808
Google translate worked for me. That's what the interviewee wrote - it says a lot about TSL. I guess, those folks should be banned here like Koola was.

Ana C. Cantu Felix
I'm glad to tell you that I said:
1. I did not feel negative things, in fact they asked me why so much parking in the parking lot and I said it was well organized and it was because of covid to have distance. In fact, at one point I said that even though they had their bodies upright and I couldn't get very close when I did, I was surprised that they cared so much about my student's well-being that she had fallen.
2. I did not say that it bothered them, nor did I say that we do not have discipline in Mexico and that is what we can learn the most from them. That they give 3 chances and
If for them you did not make the effort of the
correction you can get kicked out of class.
3. I didn't talk about the phone. Dave yes and Dave said someone else told him
He sent him pictures of that and I said "what can I tell you ...?" I left it there
4. I said that if they did not consider that
out of the best effort they could
take out and yes it happened.
5. I never said if something was said by one or another coach but if they said they don't have energy, it seems that I have more energy when I sleep, give it more desire.

ELEk3k

Rinkside
No surprise there. Here are the facts:
-I was there the whole week, paid for my daughter's seminar and paid for my coach seminar.
-They´re saying the price was $300 for one class. It's like this: For the lowest level, it was $300 for 5 on ice classes of 1:15 hours long. For the rest of the levels, it was $500 for 10 on ice classes of 1:15 hours long plus 5 off ice classes 45 min long. (I paid extra off ice, $100 that included five off ice classes 45 min long).
-They´re saying also that the cost of the picture was $50 which is totally false. Many girls and coaches were lucky enough to get their picture with them at the end of lessons, with their cell phones without charge, of course. There was a photography company who offered to take the picture and sell it. They charged $7.5 for 2 pictures. They also offered a DVD with about 1 hour footage of the seminar (including their skating group only), plus several pictures of the kid skating on the seminar. That package was $50. But as I said, is a photography company that has nothing to do with either the organizers or the Russian coaches. Organizers or coaches didn't get money from that.
-About the coaches kicking girls off ice, I personally didn't see that. Yes, the coaches were frustrated. Can't blame them. They come from the country with best figure skating in the world and come to Mexico, one of the countries on the bottom on figure skating. Our girls were struggling to understand drills and corrections. In part because of how figure skating is here, but also in part because of the language and culture barrier. There were lots of little girls who didn't get what they needed to do. There were many skaters on the ice and the coaches can't stop girl by girl. So, there were mexican assistant coaches on the ice helping the Russians with those kids who didn't get it.
-I only saw Daniil one or two times grab his phone. I could say that may be just the first day I didn't think they were paying enough attention. JUST on the first day. By the second day I think they really tried to change the strategy and it worked much better.
-As for the off ice on the parking lot, something should be clarified. This ice rink is inside a shopping mall that is on a really big avenue without parks or open spaces. Big city, you know... Just buildings everywhere. So, it's not like you can go outside and do the off ice on a park or something. With COVID restrictions, you can't put the girls on the ballet room to do off ice. So, there was a specific section on the mall parking lot closed for the seminar. It was almost a whole floor of the parking lot. It had ventilation and space, so, personally I think it was good.
-The organizers did a good job taking the girls from one point to another, being extra careful to follow covid regulations and all.

So, in conclusion, what was posted was fake and exaggerated. I can't say that the Russians corrected every girl every second. No. But let's be objective. They weren't just resting and looking the other way. They did their best to correct them. Sooo many girls on the ice.
But I think it's important to know the facts and be real about this. Not just deliver fake news so people can gossip. Of course everything has a good and a bad side! But I'm telling you the facts and have evidence to prove everything. Hopefully people will know the truth about the seminar.
First of all, I would like to thank you for your resume and impressions.

I would also like to try to correctly convey one comment from the trainers' press conference.
Danil wanted to say that he saw a big problem with the basics of skating technique. He said that all skaters want to jump but are poor at the basics. Making it clear that before learning jumps, it is necessary to perfect the basic technique, and only then learn more complex elements with jumps.

Do you think this workshop was useful for your daughter?

MiraiFan

Final Flight
Danil wanted to say that he saw a big problem with the basics of skating technique. He said that all skaters want to jump but are poor at the basics. Making it clear that before learning jumps, it is necessary to perfect the basic technique, and only then learn more complex elements with jumps.
That. Is. Hilarious.

lurkz2

On the Ice
Google translate worked for me. That's what the interviewee wrote - it says a lot about TSL. I guess, those folks should be banned here like Koola was.

Ana C. Cantu Felix
I'm glad to tell you that I said:
1. I did not feel negative things, in fact they asked me why so much parking in the parking lot and I said it was well organized and it was because of covid to have distance. In fact, at one point I said that even though they had their bodies upright and I couldn't get very close when I did, I was surprised that they cared so much about my student's well-being that she had fallen.
2. I did not say that it bothered them, nor did I say that we do not have discipline in Mexico and that is what we can learn the most from them. That they give 3 chances and
If for them you did not make the effort of the
correction you can get kicked out of class.
3. I didn't talk about the phone. Dave yes and Dave said someone else told him
He sent him pictures of that and I said "what can I tell you ...?" I left it there
4. I said that if they did not consider that
out of the best effort they could
take out and yes it happened.
5. I never said if something was said by one or another coach but if they said they don't have energy, it seems that I have more energy when I sleep, give it more desire.
Ana Cantu Felix has posted a clarification in English. The stuff on the paper really didn't match what I heard on TSL, though I was mainly listening to the interview with Ana (2nd half).