Deniss Vasiljevs | Page 169 | Golden Skate

Deniss Vasiljevs

icetug

Medalist
I think he might. Is he still in University to go to Universaid? I'd rather him go there its in Switzerland.
Can't he go to both? FS at Winter Universiade is scheduled a week after the Golden Spin (Dec. 17-18 for men skating), and this is certainly like a domestic competition ;)

Don't know if he has to go to Nationals this time, probably it will be necessary as this is an Oly season. But I can't find any info about its schedule.

Anyway, I feel Deniss should compete as frequently as possible. Mostly because it makes him happy... but also to practice before the most important competitions of this season.

DenissVFan

Medalist
I had doubts about both. Will he want to go to Golden Spin without Stephane? He could get WS points so it may be worth going but I think the only competition he attended without Stephane was nationals in 2019.

The Universiade sounds like a good idea because it's in Switzerland but I'm not so sure he considered this type of competition. When will entries be released?

I don't know the date of nationals but if they're happening, he should probably go because he has competition now and it wouldn't be a good idea to let someone else take the senior title.

Anyway, I hope he'll compete somewhere in December :wink:

icetug

Medalist
Will he want to go to Golden Spin without Stephane? He could get WS points so it may be worth going but I think the only competition he attended without Stephane was nationals in 2019.
Technically Deniss has two coaches listed in his bio. And 2019 Nationals appeared to be one of the most hilarious event ever... So maybe Deniss plans go with the other coach to Golden Spin? The more GPF is in Japan so very probably Stephane will stay there till Japanese Nationals (it's just ten days in between) and won't go with Deniss to Nationals either. By the way, I wonder who Koshiro will come to Warsaw Cup with.

DenissVFan

Medalist
Technically Deniss has two coaches listed in his bio. And 2019 Nationals appeared to be one of the most hilarious event ever... So maybe Deniss plans go with the other coach to Golden Spin? The more GPF is in Japan so very probably Stephane will stay there till Japanese Nationals (it's just ten days in between) and won't go with Deniss to Nationals either. By the way, I wonder who Koshiro will come to Warsaw Cup with.
He has three coaches to be exact. It'd be good to see him compete there, with either of them or even his martial arts coach or his manager by his side but I'm not so sure it's an option if he can go to another competition instead. 2019 nationals were different because he just had to show up there and there are quite a few strong skaters at Golden Spin (and if there are nationals this year, he won't be the only competitor). I think that because Yoann Deslot was at Worlds but didn't sit with him in the Kiss&Cry. Just a thought.

It's a pity Koshiro didn't get Lombardia or Finlandia because now everything overlaps with the GP so he can't go with his main coach either...

Could all of Deniss, Koshiro and Egor (who all won't be at the GPF) go to Japan too? 2 weeks sounds like a long time to be without your main coach in such an important season, especially so close to Europeans. I know they have other coaches and Koshiro will be at Japanese nationals but still.

This is the Latvian competition calendar:

https://view.officeapps.live.com/op...end%C4%81rs_2021_2022.xls&wdOrigin=BROWSELINK

I can't find anything about figure skating nationals - only short track. Maybe there are no nationals this year?

I found this too:

http://www.skatelatvia.lv/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Pieaugušo-izlase_daiļslidošana_2021_22.pdf

It's the national team but it's also a ranking, I think? Because it's not in alphabetical order.