Deniss Vasiljevs | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Deniss Vasiljevs

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
The sign had been all there, but now it's official... a star is born!!!!:hap93::hap10::agree:

janav

On the Ice
Please, skating gods, let him stay healthy because that's all he needs! (well, maybe better haircut is in order too ;) ).

I'd watch him just for those spins alone :points:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Omg. Literally last night when I was with my cheer team at Cheesecake Factory for an end-of-the-season dinner, I kept checking my phone to see results for the men's SP, and when I saw Deniss' score, I literally shouted "YES!" outloud and probably did a little fist pump. And they of course asked me why I shouted and I had to explain.

MGstyle

Medalist
Omg. Literally last night when I was with my cheer team at Cheesecake Factory for an end-of-the-season dinner, I kept checking my phone to see results for the men's SP, and when I saw Deniss' score, I literally shouted "YES!" outloud and probably did a little fist pump. And they of course asked me why I shouted and I had to explain.

I can just imagine the condecending at the best, more like totally perplexed expression/response... been there done that :rolleye:

MGstyle

Medalist
Please, skating gods, let him stay healthy because that's all he needs!
As much as a quad or two will help him no doubt I am deathly worried about the consequence, considering the tidal wave of injuries these days... I feel a little like an overprotective mother hen!!!:eek::
(well, maybe better haircut is in order too ;) )
:rofl::rofl2::rofl: It sort of grew on me though, it does have a certain charm *only* on him and his personality :biggrin: Whatever he does I hope he won't go for the partially shaved partially long horror like Jorik Hendricks and Ivan Righini are sporting!!!! :palmf: I would prefer a bowl head :laugh:

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
:rofl::rofl2::rofl: It sort of grew on me though, it does have a certain charm *only* on him and his personality :biggrin: Whatever he does I hope he won't go for the partially shaved partially long horror like Jorik Hendricks and Ivan Righini are sporting!!!! :palmf: I would prefer a bowl head :laugh:

Words of wisdom. :yes:

MGstyle

Medalist

He has an entire list of favourite skaters/role models. First on his list is Stephane Lambiel of Switzerland.
“He was the first skater that I really loved his skating,” he said. As a boy (he’s still a boy), Vasiljevs watched Lambiel all the time, every time he could. “It was like the first moment of work that I would try to skate as him,” Vasiljevs said. “I was always trying to reach his level.”
Well that explains a LOT of things!!!:agree:

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Solid top 15 finish for Deniss! (14th)
He looked so tired at the end!
Keep working, boy, you'll have a bright future!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It was so great to see him skate in person! Amazing! And he's only 16, so he could possibly be a huge force when he's older!

MGstyle

Medalist
Actually it must have been an exhausting period for him. He had 4 major competitions in 2 months, Europeans in Slovakia, Youth Olympics in Norway, Junior Worlds in Hungary then he only had only 4 days rest before he travelled across the Atlantic ocean for the Worlds, with 6 hours time difference (which meant he had to perform at 4-5am in his local time back in Sochi). Then he delivered the smashing SP, perhaps it was too much to ask for a 16 year old new comer to maintain that level for the FS. All the same it was an incredible debut in WC for him, he let his name and presence known loud and clear, crowd went wild for him and even the judges acknowledged his performance skills and gave him his due PCS in his FS. That was no small feat!!! I am so proud of him and can't wait to see what he can pulls off next season!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm proud of Deniss too! He did really good & was one of the most entertaining skaters there!

EDIT: You know what's really good? The judges alredy is giving him quite good PCS. An he's a newcomer without quads!

Last edited:

MGstyle

Medalist
I hope and believe he will be assigned to some of the Challenger Series around Europe next season. If he goes to one convenient enough travelling from Italy, I will definitely be there!!!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Ehhh, the power of youth...
And he's going to skate in Lambiel's show in Switzerland later this month.
Take care, Deniss, we want you 100% healthy, crisp and motivated! Squeeze in some rest in your busy schedule sometime!