Deniss Vasiljevs | Page 69 | Golden Skate

Deniss Vasiljevs

Janimi

Spectator
I was searching through youtube for blood (oops, it sounds terribly :laugh2:) and found three diamonds (it sounds much better :laugh:) instead:
2010, 2011 and 2012 Lithuanian Tour I have never watched. Deniss as a kid had the same energy and joy of skating he is admired for years later.

I love those childhood years! :love:
I've seen it before. Sometimes I went back to these videos for good moods with Hafanana (Afric Simone - Hafanana) :dance3: :party2: :hap10:
even though Superman's costume and Gangnam style kill me :rofl: : :laugh2: :yahoo: :clapper:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I was searching through youtube for blood (oops, it sounds terribly :laugh2:) and found three diamonds (it sounds much better :laugh:) instead:
2010, 2011 and 2012 Lithuanian Tour I have never watched. Deniss as a kid had the same energy and joy of skating he is admired for years later.

Yes, I hope every new Deniss fan will watch his older videos if they have not seen them before. He was such a natural performer, incredibly musical and an amazing spinner even back then.

I'm also hoping they don't go for the quad in Pyeongchang. I would like him to skate confidently, enjoy himself and have 2 programs he can be proud to watch years from now.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
I love those childhood years! :love:
I've seen it before. Sometimes I went back to these videos for good moods with Hafanana (Afric Simone - Hafanana) :dance3: :party2: :hap10:
even though Superman's costume and Gangnam style kill me :rofl: : :laugh2: :yahoo: :clapper:

I hadn't seen the 3rd one before and omg :laugh2: :party2:
Just incredible. I love him. I couldn't stop giggling. You really can throw any kind of music at him and he'll rock it.
The 2nd position he did in the last spin, after the camel, was super cool!

AgnesR

On the Ice
http://olimpiade.lv/lv/jaunumi/foto-galerija/phjonchana-2018-komandas-prezentacija-706/27358

These are photos from the Olympics presentation. Here you see our boy talking to "important people"-on the right is the President and his wife (only her back ) but on the left an authority from Korean embassy and Mr. Vrublevskis (the President of Latvian Olympic Committee ). Towards the end of the list there are also pics where is Diāna and Deniss is trying to find out whether the stars are from gold or not and also them with the honey pot.

Last edited:

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
http://olimpiade.lv/lv/jaunumi/foto-galerija/phjonchana-2018-komandas-prezentacija-706/27358

These are photos from the Olympics presentation. Here you see our boy talking to "important people"-on the right is the President and his wife (only her back ) but on the left an authority from Korean embassy and Mr. Vrublevskis (the President of Latvian Olympic Committee ). Towards the end of the list there are also pics where is Diāna and Deniss is trying to find out whether the stars are from gold or not and also them with the honey pot.

The pics with the flag and the stars :eek:: Cute! I think I also saw some pictures where he was reaching up to touch them... aha, here they are. :luv17:

username0507

Rinkside
I hope that he won’t try a quad if they are not sure about it. There was an interview on TV with our Agita Ābele. She will be a judge at the Olympics and will rate also Deniss and Diāna. She looked through some of his jumps from FS in every detail and proved how many points he lost. She advised to do the jumps he is convinced of.:think: I hope Stephane thinks the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOM9-XqUj5Y
Is this the interview you were talking about? Is there anything else significant she was talking about? I'm curious :) Take your time though :D

AgnesR

On the Ice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOM9-XqUj5Y
Is this the interview you were talking about? Is there anything else significant she was talking about? I'm curious :) Take your time though :D

Yes, it is. What concerns Deniss, nothing much to add. When asked about the quads, she said that, evidently, he can't spin his body mass properly. It means that he has to try the jumps hundreds of times till it works.

When asked what makes Deniss so special, she was sure that it's his talent plus never-ending determination, persistence and training.:clapper:

Ladybug89

On the Ice
A new interview with Deniss from Music on Ice:

http://absoluteskating.com/index.php?cat=interviews&id=2018musiconice

It's not very long, but entertaining as always! He explains his rationale for doing so many shows and why he wore Stephane's old costume for "They Live In You" - I certainly did not expect the reason to be so deep, but he is a deep kid. :laugh:

Thank you very much for posting. Indeed very interesting!
Anyways thanks so much for this Thread. I‘ve silently read and followed this Thread for a long time and it keeps you updated so well.
I hope I can support you all here a little in the future :)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I find Deniss so endearing and not just for his beautiful skating. I love his love of languages, his seriousness, his drawing talent, and just his general demeanor. He seems like he is so into learning -- whether it's sightseeing and visiting the Nagoya Castle, skating in ice shows, going to a performance of Swan Lake, or whatever else he happens to be doing. He has a zest for life! :eek:: I am really hoping for a Meet and Greet at Worlds.

icetug

Medalist
Today was the first day of scheduled practice, but I see no news. What a pity Deniss is not in the group with Japanese or Korean skaters, it would be easier to get any reports ;) Did they actually go directly to Korea or maybe anchored somewhere in Japan like the Russian team?

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Today was the first day of scheduled practice, but I see no news. What a pity Deniss is not in the group with Japanese or Korean skaters, it would be easier to get any reports ;) Did they actually go directly to Korea or maybe anchored somewhere in Japan like the Russian team?

He won't be in the team event (same for Diana) so they might choose to stay in Champery for a bit longer, because they'll have more training time than in Pyeongchang.
I also heard that there's been a norovirus outbreak among the staff :eek: I really hope they can avoid it :pray:

fourthdimension

On the Ice
He won't be in the team event (same for Diana) so they might choose to stay in Champery for a bit longer, because they'll have more training time than in Pyeongchang.
I also heard that there's been a norovirus outbreak among the staff :eek: I really hope they can avoid it :pray:

That’s been the pattern with Deniss - they arrived at worlds pretty late last year. But I’m sure they’ll be marching in the opening ceremonies. So Friday at the very latest.

icetug

Medalist
That’s been the pattern with Deniss - they arrived at worlds pretty late last year.
Worlds were in Europe, so there were no acclimatization issues (starting time at 2AM CET... how to deal with it :laugh:). I understood (probably wrong) that they were going to Korea directly from Latvia, that's why I am anxious. Hope Deniss and they all are in good health, wherever they are :)

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Worlds were in Europe, so there were no acclimatization issues (starting time at 2AM CET... how to deal with it :laugh:). I understood (probably wrong) that they were going to Korea directly from Latvia, that's why I am anxious. Hope Deniss and they all are in good health, wherever they are :)

I haven't heard anything about them going anywhere else - to my understanding the camp in Japan was just for the Russian team. So it would be good if they went a few days in advance this time to get acclimatised.
Don't remind me about Worlds 2017 where he missed all the practice sessions and only appeared at the draw! I was worried sick :drama: and all for nothing because he was fine. I heard the arena for the ceremonies is very very cold and exposed, so they might skip it. But I think Deniss will want to march with the rest of the Latvian team.

Ladybug89

On the Ice

Nah, they went back to Champéry after getting their uniforms. You could see it in Dianas Insta-Stories, they only stayed one day in Riga and then went back to Switzerland the same day.
I am sure Diana will let us know by Instagram as well when they are leaving ;)
I also think that they will be there latest for the opening ceremony!

fourthdimension

On the Ice
Nah, they went back to Champéry after getting their uniforms. You could see it in Dianas Insta-Stories, they only stayed one day in Riga and then went back to Switzerland the same day.
I am sure Diana will let us know by Instagram as well when they are leaving ;)
I also think that they will be there latest for the opening ceremony!

And Noemie Bodenstein just posted a IG story of Diana in Champéry. Still there.

AgnesR

On the Ice
Don't worry. Deniss will be at the opening ceremony for sure. Can't imagine that he would let something or somebody:angry1: prevent him from being there. He has been dreaming about it for 3 years! He comes from the district where it is quite cold in winter. His performances are only on the 16th and 17th.