Deniss Vasiljevs | Page 103 | Golden Skate

Deniss Vasiljevs

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
:laugh2:

Thank you very much! If you wish to have any text translated from Polish, just let me know ;)
You should translate the article to Polish and share it with the Polish fans! Although considering this interview was probably done in English, they translated into Japanese, then I retranslated it back in English, then onto another language, not sure how his original words will have been distorted and/or lost in translation in the process I can't guarantee :biggrin:

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker

Salemrocks11

Rinkside
Oh!!! Thanks, I didn't notice that!!! Here are extra tidbit only in Japanese!

Q3: with or without beard
Without - but occasionally with
(he showed us his holiday pic, when he visited his grandma in Portugal this summer, where he sported some beard. - "my long time favourite barber styled it for me" so he said. He looked like Orlando Bloom.)

I think it was around the same time Deniss was sporting his haircut

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh_skMoFLIh/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1kj8q8h9rcart

Ladybug89

On the Ice
When I saw it on Instagram I noticed that Stéphane ‘liked’ it just before it showed Deniss even posted it (it showed it in the area where you can see who likes what)

Side notes: I took a screen grab of it on my phone, wondering if it was a glitch. My phone might have just been slow sending notifications. Is there a way to add pictures from my phone gallery to this thread or just links to pictures already online?

😂😅😲

And I thought I was an internet stalker... 😂😬

Well I am pretty sure Deniss and Stéph were in Portugal together!

Sometimes it kinda even scares me a bit how close they seem... but actually I can’t help but love their deep connection and friendship! I just hope nothing ever destroys/ends this!!

Salemrocks11

Rinkside
Its difficult since none of my( in person) friends like ice skating (and have no in it interest at all) so I have to go to the internet for everything. I wish I had someone to talk face to face with. I assume that is why some of us are here [emoji23]

icetug

Medalist
I'm sure that most of you have seen the 16th anniversary post by Jelena at Deniss' Latvian fan page, but if not, I link it here. Little Deniss in white sweater :love:

icetug

Medalist
You should translate the article to Polish and share it with the Polish fans!

Its difficult since none of my( in person) friends like ice skating (and have no in it interest at all) so I have to go to the internet for everything. I wish I had someone to talk face to face with. I assume that is why some of us are here [emoji23]

All the Polish fans of figure skating I know (and most of them are active on this forum) speak English much better than I do so they don't need the translation :) My mother used to watch fs competitions a lot but it was quite long ago, when TV broadcasts were available on a regular basis (guess during Grzegorz Filipowski times, so in the 80/90ies). My friends are surprised hearing "Yuzuru Hanyu" and amazed that I remember such a difficult name :laugh: while information that my fav is Latvian makes them citing abstract Latvian jokes :palmf:. So it's a long and difficult road ahead me to turn them into fs fans...

icetug

Medalist
Deniss and Stéph in Portugal for the second time together. The first was last year in April/may:)

Portugal is so beautiful in spring! I was there twice in the exact time and fell in love with the country. So I wouldn't be surprised if Stephane considers a travel to Portugal as an incentive to Deniss and a reward for his performance throughout the season...

fourthdimension

On the Ice
I know this is not exactly Deniss related, but there is a Junior male skater from Lavija who is in the field in this weeks JGP. Kims Georgs PAVLOVS will be skating last in the men's SP.

Calander from SYWTWFS Tumblr. https://soyouwanttowatchfs.com/calendar (It should be in your time zone when you click on it)
Event schedule: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1819/jgpltu2018/index.htm

When Deniss starts winning everything, who else will take the spots for Latvia? Got to root for more development of the sport!

Salemrocks11

Rinkside
, I received my copy of Patinage Magazine yesterday, which Deniss has a short interview in. With my low level French and a little help from the ol' Google Translate (with words I did not know) I deciphered the questions and answers. There were a couple questions we all expected.
This is a rough translation and if anyone received the magazine and noticed something I wrote as incorrect please let me know. I didn't want to write word for word either so this is just a summary.

Q1: About how Deniss joined the school and as a student of Stephane's. Deniss tells his Little- Hammer story (youth Olympics)

Q2: About his goals for the next Olympic season. Deniss explained he doesn't set goals for the next Olympic season. He is more about personal development Talked about his personal best score at Worlds.

Q3: Who he works with at the Skating School. Explained who his team was. Mentions Salome Brunner and Peter Grutter being with him in the Summer as well as his physiotherapist in Toronto ( for building muscle).

Q4: His technique changing. He learned to be more aware of his body, and to pay attention to every detail and timing of the rotations. Repetition of jumps.

Q5: Was about quads, of course. He does practice them daily. Talks about not trying to think about them too much. (In the answer he seems to be concerned about not landing them consistently).

Q6: Was to Stephane. He was asked what makes Deniss different from skaters like Nathan Chen. Stephane answered that Deniss brings creativity onto the ice and is sensitive to his movements. Brings choreography ideas as well.

Q7: Deniss was asked about how people might see an impression of Stephane on the ice. Deniss explained he doesn't try to look like Stephane, but Stephane is one of his inspirations like Daisuke is an inspiration as well. Deniss said he was quickly labeled. Stephane (Being the buter-inner we all love) says Deniss is not his true copy, but Deniss came to him and already had a particular presence on the ice.

icetug

Medalist
Thank you, Salemrocks, very much! I saw a photo of a page with the interview and was about to ask if anybody would translate it when found your post :)

It's interesting that Peter Grutter worked with Deniss. The circle of people who have been helping Stephane in coaching/choreographing is still growing. What shall be only with benefit for Deniss.