Deniss Vasiljevs | Page 166 | Golden Skate

Deniss Vasiljevs

DenissVFan

Medalist
So exciting for Deniss. I hope he holds the flag in the open ceremonies.
I honestly have no idea who his competition is 😅 I don't know many other Latvian athletes besides figure skaters but I know they have speed skaters, biathletes etc. Latvia medalled in bobsleigh in Pyeongchang, so it may be these athletes if they're still competing.

The only other qualification that was already obtained is the ice hockey team.

(Sadly, they were too optimistic about a female figure skater, but Anete did quite a good job in the SP at Nebelhorn.)

icetug

Medalist
The 18th International Chopin Competition has just started. The very first piece performed (by a Chinese competitor) was the Nocturne op. 48 no 1. What made me aware how I miss Deniss' skating, how I miss Deniss' exhibitions. This season waiting for his first competition is terribly long...

DenissVFan

Medalist
The 18th International Chopin Competition has just started. The very first piece performed (by a Chinese competitor) was the Nocturne op. 48 no 1. What made me aware how I miss Deniss' skating, how I miss Deniss' exhibitions. This season waiting for his first competition is terribly long...
Skating is not the same without Deniss :(

And the last time we saw his exhibition was 22 months ago 😲

I hope the Asian Open goes ahead as planned because waiting until November would be a struggle...

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We cannot wait until November, it's forever. Plus when will we see an exhibition skate from him again. Russia should invite him to a show. I miss him so much. I just watched last year's Nebelhorn and his 2016 Worlds short program. He was so cute at Worlds, it was like he couldn't believe the applause.

DenissVFan

Medalist
We cannot wait until November, it's forever. Plus when will we see an exhibition skate from him again. Russia should invite him to a show. I miss him so much. I just watched last year's Nebelhorn and his 2016 Worlds short program. He was so cute at Worlds, it was like he couldn't believe the applause.
There is a gala at the Asian Open. This is our hope :pray:

And yes, his SP at 2016 Worlds was so good!

DenissVFan

Medalist
I really hope there'll be a way to watch the Asian Open... Nobody knows anythig about the stream or broadcast 😔