Detailed event schedule for 2015 Skate America? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Detailed event schedule for 2015 Skate America?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I would bring it anyway, Chris. Different venues have different ideas of what constitutes "padding". Some venues that offer "padded" seats literally have a 1cm thick flimsy foam and vinyl cover.

At worst, you don't need it. At best, you get an even more luxuriously plush seat than you expected. ;)

Or, as is my travelling philosophy: better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I would bring it anyway, Chris. Different venues have different ideas of what constitutes "padding". Some venues that offer "padded" seats literally have a 1cm thick flimsy foam and vinyl cover.

At worst, you don't need it. At best, you get an even more luxuriously plush seat than you expected. ;)

Or, as is my travelling philosophy: better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Oh, so very true! It is in my suitcase right now.....Saturday is going to be a very long day in those seats.... 8:30 a to 11 p for me....Friday is slightly better....

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Oh, so very true! It is in my suitcase right now.....Saturday is going to be a very long day in those seats.... 8:30 a to 11 p for me....Friday is slightly better....

I sit on my rear most days, so I'm up for this challenge.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
5 days to go! I'm going to start packing Thursday when I get home from school and try to make sure EVERYTHING is with me. OMG! It's so soon!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Stupid question...what do people do during the gaps between each practice session? Is it long enough to leave the venue or do most people just stay put?

k2summit

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Have fun! The rest of us get to watch NBC push Gracie Gold for the entire broadcast.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Thx, sabinfire.

Addendum to this chart:
It (understandably) does not include the late-breaking change that Pfund/Santillan are replacing Donlan/Bartholomay as a Team USA pair.

(Thx to cheerknithanson for posting the news earlier today.)

I saw that while creating my own at work today and copying it. Unfortunately, my method was not nearly as pretty... I just printed off the entries for each discipline from the ISU site, cut it down to SkAm only, and made another copy to get them all on the same page.

Found this pic above on my Facebook feed, so wanted to save others the potential trouble. Hopefully no other last-minute changes will happen between now and competition time.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Stupid question...what do people do during the gaps between each practice session? Is it long enough to leave the venue or do most people just stay put?

I stay put. Looking at the schedule there is a 15 minute break to resurface the ice between each session. Depending on what's nearby, unlike Detroit and Chicago (they had nothing that close to the arena), then that's probably not enough time. Unless you want concession food? Usually that's open. Chicago allowed us to bring in refreshments during practice, that was nice.

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Some misc special event info:

2015 Progressive Skate America International Tailgate
Friday, October 23| 5-8 p.m.| Kilbourn Ave. (in front of) UWM Panther Arena

Join fans from around the world to kick off Skate America, an international skating competition, this Friday, Oct. 23! From 5-8 p.m., Kilbourn Ave., directly in front of UWM Panther Arena, will be transformed for the first-ever Skate America Tailgate! Join us for live music featuring MKE's own Alter Ego, local food and beverage offerings from Major Goolsby’s and activities for the whole family. This event is free and open to the public so be sure to invite your friends and family! To learn more about the tailgate, please email [email protected] or call 719-635-5200.

Friends of Figure Skating Breakfast
Sunday, Oct. 25 | 7:45–9:45 a.m. | Kilbourn Room, UWM Panther Arena

Celebrate Skate America and the 2015-16 figure skating season by attending the Friends of Figure Skating Breakfast on Sunday. Start the day off right with an opportunity to meet members of Team USA and listen to Alexa Scimeca, 2015 U.S. pairs champion, and local fashion designer Timothy Westbrook share the artistic process and journey in creating Scimeca’s Smucker’s Skating Spectacular dress! Tickets are only $25. Purchase or pick up your ticket at the U.S. Figure Skating booth or at the door Sunday morning. Doors open at 7:30 a.m.

Attendees must be members of Friends of Figure Skating and have a valid FOFS Breakfast ticket to enter. To learn more about Friends of Figure Skating, please click here or visit the U.S. Figure Skating booth in section 202 of the UWM Panther Arena concourse.

Team USA Autograph Sessions:
Team USA athletes will be available for autographs at the Prudential Autograph Station (outside Section 214). As All-Event ticket holders and Friends of Figure Skating, you’re the first to know this important information!

*Pairs and Ladies: Saturday, Oct. 24, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
*Dance and Men: Sunday, Oct. 25, 1-1:30 p.m.

While you’re in town, don’t forget to share your #SkateAmerica experiences on social media for the opportunity to be featured on the in-arena videoboard! Real time updates provided by Realtor.com®.

See you in Milwaukee!

*Competitor line up subject to change. Specific athletes are not guaranteed to be at the autograph sessions.