Effects of ISU's media deal - Figure Skating on CBC but not Eurosport | Page 26 | Golden Skate

Effects of ISU's media deal - Figure Skating on CBC but not Eurosport

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Guys, can anyone share the link to the Canada stream on Eurovision sports, if there is one? I tried the link I got here for SA, but it gave me some failure announcement. I'm really peeved because it's prime time here, ice dance going on, ISU stream blocked of course, and Czech TV airing nothing but sitting on rights like hen on eggs (don't care about their delayed ladies SP broadcast, I want to see everything, not their stupid selection). VPN not an option. Stream link would be most welcome.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
In Finland it was easier than I thought. I just switched on Viafree and that's it. Some people said there will lot's of commercials, but there was none during the RD. I did not have to pay anything or even not to register to anywhere. Commentaries are in Swedish, but no problem for me, I understand it about as much as English. Swedish is compulsory in Finnish school, so now I have really benefit about it :D.

surimi

Record Breaker
Well good for you. I wish our TV was as civilized but alas.
I went to the Eurovision stream site and ISU isn't there anymore. Someone please tell me that's not true. :dev2:

Miller

Final Flight
Well good for you. I wish our TV was as civilized but alas.
I went to the Eurovision stream site and ISU isn't there anymore. Someone please tell me that's not true. :dev2:

I've looked as well, and it's saying 'Geneva, we have a problem'. It looks like anyone whose country has rights but is not showing it is completely stuffed, unless they've got a VPN or something like that. Plus presumably all the old videos are gone, unless they magically surface somewhere. ISU what are you doing?!!!

surimi

Record Breaker
Skating coverage truly for EVERYONE... For everyone whose country's TVs don't have rights, and for everyone else tech savvy enough to install a location changing device! Bravo, ISU, how inclusive of you. What a joke. :disagree:

Wilwarin

On the Ice
Somehow the YouTube streaming works now in Oz. It was blocked during SA and I have to use Eurovision. Not sure what is going on....

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I've looked as well, and it's saying 'Geneva, we have a problem'. It looks like anyone whose country has rights but is not showing it is completely stuffed, unless they've got a VPN or something like that. Plus presumably all the old videos are gone, unless they magically surface somewhere. ISU what are you doing?!!!

I did fear that once the EBU lost the broadcast rights, that the archived videos on the Eurovision Sports website would disappear. But, when they were still there a few days ago, I assumed that I was wrong. Alas, the relief was premature! :disapp:

In light of this, and in light of the copyright problems on YouTube, I would like to hope that the ISU would create a competition video library on their own website. Presumably they have videos of the World Feed coverage somewhere in their archives that they could make available to the general public.

But, if I'm totally honest, I can't see it happening even if they do. This is the ISU we are talking about, after all.

We're stuffed.

CaroLiza_fan

le01

Rinkside
Somehow the YouTube streaming works now in Oz. It was blocked during SA and I have to use Eurovision. Not sure what is going on....

Keeping my fingers crossed it will stay this way. Finally managed to watch ladies without refreshing every few minutes

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Maybe they've unblocked it because SBS is unable (so far) to stream the GP series.

DenissVFan

Medalist
I like the ISU streams but they need to upload all the performances like the JGP channel. If you want to watch, say, Zhenya or Bradie now, you have to rely on the archived stream that may get blocked or on other people's uploads. People will watch individual videos anyway, so ISU may as well upload them themselves to get views and I suppose $$$.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
So, you have the right to stop other people using images of you, but you don't have the right to use other people's images of you yourself.

That's just crazy.

Unfortunately, I didn't see the image. The only time I went onto Facebook this week was on Tuesday, so I missed it.

CaroLiza_fan

This actually happened to me last year. A man posted a picture of me on the street in London, Oxford St, and filmed himself doing it for a video on street photography and I had no control over the matter. The video is still up on YouTube and there’s nothing I can do about it.

ISU still haven’t restored the Men’s SP or Gala from last week. This is all turning out pretty much exactly as I suspected. If there’s one bright spot it that by posting the event on YouTube it’s easier to rip and keep on your own personal hard drive.

LynsJ

On the Ice
Sorry if I’ve missed it somewhere along the way but is there any way to watch from the UK with commentary after the events? (Any English speaking) I’ve been catching up on isu YouTube page but I’m missing having commentary. Thanks

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The ISU couldn't organise a bloody chook raffle in a pub.

Yep, Australia's been locked out again ahead of IDF. No, there's still no word on a livestream from SBS. Insert swear words here.

le01

Rinkside
Oh wow, SBS is showing a whole 30 minutes of Skate Canada tomorrow. And they blocked youtube stream for this?!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh wow, SBS is showing a whole 30 minutes of Skate Canada tomorrow. And they blocked youtube stream for this?!

I'm now nervously waiting for NHK and the access to that. If it's broadcast on Asahi (or however they spell it) I should be able to view it through isakura.... I hope.

Wilwarin

On the Ice
*Expressionlessly redirect to QQlive* is all I can do next week :drama:
(The IdF is just too late to watch live in Oz)

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I don't have access to the competition thread, so I was curious if there is a download link for the full ISU archived livestream of the Skate America Men SP and Exhibition Gala (Canadians at least and probably others are geoblocked from those). If not, I can upload my own copies and share them with you all.