ESPN This Sunday | Golden Skate

ESPN This Sunday

Don't forget. We are all anxiously awaiting Chiper's bronze medal skate. Let's hope we see it.

Also comparing Buttle/Joubert and Arakawa/Cohen.

And the new girl in town - Asada.

How badly did the Americans skate? Weiss, Goebel, Meissner

Joe

nymkfan51

Medalist
I'm looking forward to this too, Joe.
I did watch Shizuka and Sasha's LP's on the computer, but I don't have the best computer and it's never the same as watching on TV anyway.

I'm a bit distressed about Timmy. If he doesn't get his quads back, he has no chance at all, IMO. I'll be interested to see how much progress he has made with his programs since SA.

nymkfan - I am convinced that too much publicity does a skater in. Poor Tim was branded as the Quad King after one skate using variations. It's hard to live up to that year after year especially when one has a setback in health.

Joe

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
nymkfan51 said:
I'm looking forward to this too, Joe.
I did watch Shizuka and Sasha's LP's on the computer, but I don't have the best computer and it's never the same as watching on TV anyway.

I'm a bit distressed about Timmy. If he doesn't get his quads back, he has no chance at all, IMO. I'll be interested to see how much progress he has made with his programs since SA.

I'm finding it very educational to watch the programs via computer first where there is no commentary in English. It's made me realize what a "lazy eye" I've always had - I just sort of accepted whatever the US commentators said without question. Now I'm enjoying forming my own opinions, and then watching US TV later to see what the commentators have to say. :)

I SO want Tim to do well at US Nats. I'm hoping he gets a quad or two back as well.

Shiz's programs are really starting to grow on me. I can't wait to see them again later in the season. Hopefully we'll get some videos or something from Japanese Nationals. (or maybe she will eek into the GPF, but I'm rooting for Ando too...)

DG

nymkfan51

Medalist
I enjoy the lack of commentary (that I can understand:laugh: ) too, Doggygirl.
The biggest problem for me is the barely adequate picture I get on my computer ... it really prevents me from being able to see some of the details in the programs. :frown2:

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Just a reminder to check your local listings. The LA Times on-line TV guide has the TEB SP on Sunday on ESPN2, and the FS on ESPN on Monday.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
nymkfan51 said:
I enjoy the lack of commentary (that I can understand:laugh: ) too, Doggygirl.
The biggest problem for me is the barely adequate picture I get on my computer ... it really prevents me from being able to see some of the details in the programs. :frown2:

That's a bummer. Here's hoping that Santa, or the Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy, or some other one brings you a new computer soon!! ;)

DG

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone else think the sound quality on ESPN is really bad or is it just me???:scowl: :scowl:

Dee

JOHIO2

Medalist
Dee,
It's not just you. We've been complaining about the sound on ESPN at least two seasons. And that annoying bing, bong, bing follwed by scores on the bottom of the screen.