Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1083 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Offensive? She was making a tribute to all those who died and a those who suffered for the ones who died. She made a program that explored human pain. And it was not disrespectful. Haven’t you ever laughed because you were nervous? I have this serious problem that I start smiling when I hear something tragic, it’s involuntary and I’m actually feeling sad inside, but my body expresses otherwise.

I don't have a particular opinion about the program. It's one of my favourite programs because of the drama. But, a lot of people didn't think it was appropriate and I can see that.
If we're going by what she portrayed, it wasn't about terrorist attacks at all, her team's explanation was that it's about "tragedy and uncertainty in today's world". One must think that it was One more program that portrayed a part of Eteri's life. WE a tribute to her daughter, and the 9/11 program about the terrorist attacks she lived through when she was in the US, but I don't remember in which place.

MiraiFan

Final Flight
I don't have a particular opinion about the program. It's one of my favourite programs because of the drama. But, a lot of people didn't think it was appropriate and I can see that.
If we're going by what she portrayed, it wasn't about terrorist attacks at all, her team's explanation was that it's about "tragedy and uncertainty in today's world". One must think that it was One more program that portrayed a part of Eteri's life. WE a tribute to her daughter, and the 9/11 program about the terrorist attacks she lived through when she was in the US, but I don't remember in which place.

Yeah fair enough, but I could have done without the voice-overs--unnecessary and for those of us who were in NYC or DC, way too soon.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
About 9/11 drama, controversies, etc.. I think her program was not offensive at all. It's just an aesthetically splendid, mini version of the whole movie "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close", which means it was intended to spread positivity. The phone call at the end of the program was iconic, it reminded me of Yulia's Schindler's List head turning. Just watch the movie for once and you will understand.

Couldn’t agree more.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Evgenia seems to thrive wherever she’s planted

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwr_S0Bppm9/

:love:

Oh, she does thrive. Absolutely. So relaxed, so happy. She deserves this. And I think it‘s fascinating. She literally makes friends wherever she goes and so many international skaters who have worked or trained with her talk about what a great personality she has. I bet she is fun to be around.

https://www.instagram.com/namnamnoodle/p/BwsCPlTF2PQ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1q8qtnkaftojj

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist

Watch

Final Flight
Evgenia seems to thrive wherever she’s planted

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwr_S0Bppm9/

:love:

Oh, she does thrive. Absolutely. So relaxed, so happy. She deserves this. And I think it‘s fascinating. She literally makes friends wherever she goes and so many international skaters who have worked or trained with her talk about what a great personality she has. I bet she is fun to be around.

https://www.instagram.com/namnamnoodle/p/BwsCPlTF2PQ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1q8qtnkaftojj

Her joy is always contagious! Love seeing her having fun and palling around with all the different skaters. And Nam has a good taste ;)

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

I'm sorry, but if you use voiceovers from 9/11, then the program is about 9/11. Period. If they didn't want it to be about 9/11, they shouldn't have had voiceovers.

The program didn't offend me personally, but it's an incredibly sensitive subject, especially for Americans, and it's very understandable that people found it to be in bad taste. And that's not Zhenya's fault, but people don't need to get so defensive about it. People having a problem with it were being perfectly reasonable.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm sorry, but if you use voiceovers from 9/11, then the program is about 9/11. Period. If they didn't want it to be about 9/11, they shouldn't have had voiceovers.

The program didn't offend me personally, but it's an incredibly sensitive subject, especially for Americans, and it's very understandable that people found it to be in bad taste. And that's not Zhenya's fault, but people don't need to get so defensive about it. People having a problem with it were being perfectly reasonable.

As an almost brand new Zhenya fan, (as of her move, for reasons some of you know;) ), this explains it well.

I am a retired federal employee and I had friends in Oklahoma City, and in the federal building, at the time of that attack. Oklahoma City is where Eteri was in 1995. For an American, that attack in no way shape or form is the same as 9/11. Specifically using a 9/11 program, for an American, does not bring to mind all terrorism everywhere in the world. It brings to mind 9/11. And the voiceovers were creepy.

This is no way is an attack on Zhenya. She skated the choreography she was given, and she skated her heart out with it. But it is not my fav Zhenya program in any way. If she is using Averbukh for a program, and that's who she wants, then good for her:clap: I hope it's Muse, because that is generic and won't fall into the specificity I didn't like in this particular program.

But what we will wait and we will see.:yes:

Last edited:

Watch

Final Flight
I'm so relieved to see her starting to jump again! Means the doctors gave her a go, I assume.

skatingfan200

Medalist

It´s a sensitive topic but people do get so defensive because they liked her 9/11 programm. It´s not about if some other people found it "to be in bad taste" or that people are not "reasonable"