Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1349 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Evgenia has already stated that she is not willing to skate on broken bones again. Period. We will see her 4S when it's ready. We all want it to be sooner rather than later (I would love to see any attempt out of the harness even if it's < or with a fall), but we need to respect her team and be happy they are taking her health into consideration while trying to up her content. Not everyone has that and I'm happy Zhenya found that.

Anywho, her triples and 2a continue to improve. At Rostelecom she was finally able to show about 90% of what she does in practice in terms of the quality of her jumps and SS, so onwards and upwards from here :)

Vemvane

On the Ice
It would be nice to see a 4S from Evgenia at Nationals, but if it isn't ready by then, it isn't ready, though who knows, given the surprises we have had so far this season from the Russian ladies! At any rate, the judges seem pretty happy with her skating even without a quad, given the PCS she received at Skate Canada and Rostelecom, and I am looking forward to seeing her improvements come Nationals.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Oh my, she is adorable. Let her have the giraffe!

I did laugh when I ran the caption through Google translate and then looked at the second picture. That lemur does have a slightly crazy expression! :laugh:

lusterfan

Final Flight
Genuinely curious, why are so many people talking like Zhenya is about to unravel a 4S? I know she mentioned working on it as a goal, and there were some rumors that she tried one in a Japanese show ... but that's it right? We haven't even seen a practice-landed 4S, so let's not put that expectation on her just yet :scratch2: It sure would be a pleasant surprise to see one at Nationals though!!

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Genuinely curious, why are so many people talking like Zhenya is about to unravel a 4S? I know she mentioned working on it as a goal, and there were some rumors that she tried one in a Japanese show ... but that's it right? We haven't even seen a practice-landed 4S, so let's not put that expectation on her just yet :scratch2: It sure would be a pleasant surprise to see one at Nationals though!!

She started working on it during the summer. She tried it at the Japanese shows over the summer after only working on it for a couple of weeks. At the test skates, she stated that she's made a lot of progress since then, but still wasn't neccesarily landing it cleanly. I'm almost positive that when she got sick after ACI, she hasn't working on it much since, but has probably started working a lot on it since her last GP. I don't think it's ready, but I also think she'd either 1) suprise us on instagram, or 2) surprise us in practice or at a show when we weren't expecting it. So, I think people would just rather be hopeful that it'll be sooner rather than later. But I think we're all aware that it may not even be ready at all this season.

Artemisa

Final Flight

We hadn't see of Tuk etiher ... and there is it ... so why not hope

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We hadn't see of Tuk etiher ... and there is it ... so I not hope

I have total hope that she will land the 4S. Her 3S is beautiful. Her getting sick after ACI, made training it more difficult. Evgenia is a true competitor.

kahndradra

On the Ice

TCC is also a notoriously a private club though, and I have a feeling we won’t be seeing any practice videos (based on what’s happened historically when their skaters debut new combos).

If anything, I think Zhenya will surprise us in an official practice. Here’s hoping the break from GPF will give her the time!

silveruskate

On the Ice
Landing a 4S would be great, but even if she did she the goal is to keep it for 2 years. I hope Zhenya keeps practising it safely with health in mind and focuses on everything else like SS and her 2A/Lz edge.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
TCC is also a notoriously a private club though, and I have a feeling we won’t be seeing any practice videos (based on what’s happened historically when their skaters debut new combos).

If anything, I think Zhenya will surprise us in an official practice. Here’s hoping the break from GPF will give her the time!

Yes, at Rostelecom Cup Zhenya said in an interview that TCC is very private about those things and therefore she won't reveal anything regarding her current progress on the jump if I remember correctly

skatingfan200

Medalist

We did see 2A3lo from TCC. So, it´s possible.

About 4S, Zhenya said:

- I do not want to be rude, but I answered this question many times. I do my best to show you, myself and the audience the quadruple salchow. I don’t have a specific date when this can happen. The main thing for me is to maintain my health, because I am not ready to jump on broken bones.

Brian said

What about Eugenia? She used to say that she was working on a quadruple salchow. Do you practice quadruple jumping with her now?
- Yes, we are training the quadruple. We continue to work in this direction, we do everything necessary outside the ice in order to prepare her body for this. And you know, I think that as soon as she begins to feel this element, it will be quite simple for her. Someday we will come to this.
Now the main thing is to continue to work and try-try-try. And carry out the necessary training outside the ice, which will make it strong enough to cope with the quadruple.

- This season, we can see a quad of Eugene in the competition?
- Everything is possible. Since Zhenya will probably not make it to the Grand Prix finals, we will have time to concentrate on training.

Ice show with Averbukh

She will fly from Krasnoyarsk and we will have a night to prepare, roughly speaking,
https://nevasport.ru/111913-averbuh-o-podgotovke-medvedevoj-k-shou-ne-budem-otvlekat-zhenyu-do-chempionata-rossii/

skatingfan200

Medalist
Thanks! It's a really good interview. I'm sure it'll get subbed or at least translated soon. Probably the most interesting bit: Satomi Ito wrote to Zhenya on instagram and told her that she heard Zhenya was going to skate to Memoirs and offered to make her the costume.

I read she said something about 3lo3lo?