Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1604 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Interview with Alexander Enbert about Zhenya:

“I saw our photos with Medvedeva and thought:“ Wow! So cool!" Ice Age winner Enbert on the new pair

"Tell us about Anna Karenina. Why is this show worth going to? Some of the readers, for certain, still have doubts.
Enbert: There should be no doubts. Go 100%. We are already preparing, training. This year there is a very interesting line-up: Evgenia Medvedeva will take part, she will have both solo performances and paired numbers with elements and supports. This has never happened, and it will be interesting.
Most of your outings on the ice will be with Zhenya Medvedeva.

Will there be solo and group numbers?

E: The staging process is quite chaotic, and we put some numbers right away, because it takes a long time to work them out. With Zhenya, we started skating before the official rehearsals, because we want to do it well, beautifully, so that it would be interesting for both the audience and ourselves. And we started to put paired numbers in the first place, and they are almost ready. Evgenia will have solo numbers, and I will have a small solo number. Even so: a massive number with my solo. In general, there will be something to see.

- Some pictures of you and Zhenya have recently appeared. They are so sensual and beautiful, as if you had been skating together for several years. The fans (and myself) were thrilled!

E: Thank you! At the beginning of May Evgeniya and I started skating together. We did not know yet who would play what roles. But we already understood that we probably will skate together and we tried elements in May. Staging began in June. An ice show involves more immersion in the artistic part than in sports, and we spend a lot of time on this. With Ilya's team it's very comfortable, and it's a very natural training, when you're putting steps, thinking up elements and discussing emotions at the same time. There is a very organic work, so you get the appropriate result. That's why so many people love Ilya's shows, they fill halls, because they combine art and sport. In training and rehearsals in the team, this atmosphere is created unnoticed. Yesterday I saw the pictures and thought to myself, "Wow, how cool. Emotions appear already at the stage of draft rehearsals. I liked it a lot myself.

Do you remember the first training session with Zhenya?

E: We went out in May and started with runs, simple steps, rearrangements. It was accelerated, because I know how to skate, and Evgenia is good at skating. And in terms of parameters, we are suitable for each other.

That is, Zhenya has the physique of a girl? Could she perform in this form?

E: I can say that we are suitable in height and weight. In addition, Zhenya is in great shape, she is an active athlete, she has a muscle corset. Without it, you cannot do 3-3 cascades with a rittberger, with your hands up. In principle, everything fits. But pair skating is a different kind of figure skating, and different muscles work in it. This takes time

- Zhenya was not afraid of lifts?
E: Of course, for her it is unusual and new, and at first it was scary. Over time, she realized that in any case I would carefully place and support her, and the fear quickly disappeared.

- What other paired elements did you perform?

E: We made upper lifts, joint spins, throw jumps, now we are training death spirals. We tried all the elements, because it was interesting for me and for Zhenya. For the show, we will choose the ones that are best suited in terms of music and idea.

- Can you compare the work paired with Zhenya and Olga Kuzmina?

E: Olga's character is similar to sports, she very actively broke into figure skating. They both do not stop and try new things and are similar in this. I was surprised that Olga is so emotionally close to sports. I was ready for the fact that Zhenya is a professional in his field. They are similar in their desire to learn, invent something, find and become better."

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Sofia Akatieva about Zhenya:

I respect her very much, and I really like how she conveys the image of the program. After watching her rental, it feels like I’ve read a book about her program. You understand so much what she is skating about that you want to go out and ride with. It's catchy, her riding is catchy, the sensation is unbelievable. I was just little when I came to the group, followed her training, admired. Zhenya likes the 3-3 cascades very much, Zhenya skates the step sequence very nicely.
?s=20

Last edited:

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
From Sport Norma's instagram:

"Evgenia Medvedeva, Ambassador of the Sport is the Norm of Life project, held an open training session with Alexander Enbert.The skaters showed some of the learned pair skating elements for the upcoming Anna Karenina show.
Fire
How do you like Evgenia in pair skating and her new image?

Znowflake

On the Ice
From Sport Norma's instagram:

"Evgenia Medvedeva, Ambassador of the Sport is the Norm of Life project, held an open training session with Alexander Enbert.The skaters showed some of the learned pair skating elements for the upcoming Anna Karenina show.
Fire
How do you like Evgenia in pair skating and her new image?

Maybe I’m slow… what do these arrows mean? 🤣

Amy Zara

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
- What other paired elements did you perform?

E: We made upper lifts, joint spins, throw jumps, now we are training death spirals. We tried all the elements, because it was interesting for me and for Zhenya. For the show, we will choose the ones that are best suited in terms of music and idea.

can't believe they're even training throw jumps! they scare the life out of me to watch 😂 I'll have my hands over my eyes for sure if we ever see them :oops:

Fluture

Record Breaker
My order from the Medvedevastore just arrived! I‘m absolutely in love with the phone case and the shirt - both are of visibly high quality. The clothes are also really comfy. Just one tip if someone hasn‘t placed their order yet and is planning to do so: buy the sweaters a size smaller than you normally would. I like oversized ones but those are reaaaally oversized. But I‘m still very happy and if the shipping costs to Austria (outside of Russia in general, I guess) weren‘t so brutal, I‘d place another order anytime! :)