Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1635 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Heartbreak is part of love and life and growing up, but it takes a special kind of jerk to dump her coldly like that, in a text message (not even to her face), right after she finishes the Olympics in tears. She deserved better than that, and he was an asshole, whoever he is.
If they were dating and serious, then yes breaking up through text is a (insert expletive here) move.

50 Words for Snow

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Who dumped her?

I think we all knew this day was coming although we hope she might have one more season to show those 2 special programs competitively.

I am sorry for Zhenyas back injuries. I wish there was a way we could good see her skate competitively again but it's probably for the best that she does not. If you make a back injury worse you have a real problem a life problem.

The world has been beaten up by this almost 2 year pandemic and it took a toll on Evgenia too.

Good luck Zhenya we need to see her smiling her beautiful smile.
She hasn't named him, which is probably better than he deserves, and yeah, as much as I love her skating and as much as I was having fun living vicariously through her, rising and falling inside as she did well or not so well at competitions, I would much rather see her retire and live a full life than cripple herself chasing an OGM or just the thrill of the competition. It was never going to be something she could do for life anyway, so better to end it now while her back is still healthy enough that she can play with her children and grandchildren someday.

50 Words for Snow

Final Flight
Country
United-States
If they were dating and serious, then yes breaking up through text is a (insert expletive here) move.
Well, it was serious to her, puppy love or not, and regardless, he could have waited a few days or a week. The timing was atrocious. That may not be the last time that someone breaks her heart, but I certainly hope it's the last time someone breaks it because they are a calloused narcissist.

It sounds like she learned from it though, so she will probably choose a better man next time and hopefully, have a much better relationship.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, it was serious to her, puppy love or not, and regardless, he could have waited a few days or a week. The timing was atrocious. That may not be the last time that someone breaks her heart, but I certainly hope it's the last time someone breaks it because they are a calloused narcissist.

It sounds like she learned from it though, so she will probably choose a better man next time and hopefully, have a much better relationship.
Yes, learning from it is definitely the best thing you can take out of it.

Slowly, we are turning this into a ”Dear Abby” thread. Haha

White Tiger

Spectator
So... it is true that Evgenia will kinda go into retirement. Tbh I'm really sad but still gratefull for everything she gave to the world.

She is the best figure skate dancer ever I SAID WHAT I SAID. Because of her I started following figure skating and because of her I will stop because no one lived to be as interestning as her so far.

Just rewatched some programs... memoirs of a geisha, exogenesis, thais, echo of love, anna karenina, windmills and few others. It is so sad that so many new skaters are literally built after her but no one is feeling the music the way she did. It is not enough to do that high cick, you were supposed to do it because there is a musical point there.

Anyway... THANK YOU for everything Zenja, you will be missed as an athlete and an artist (biggest one so far).

Also I will be leaving figure skating comunity up until she becomes coach or something.

50 Words for Snow

Final Flight
Country
United-States
So... it is true that Evgenia will kinda go into retirement. Tbh I'm really sad but still gratefull for everything she gave to the world.

She is the best figure skate dancer ever I SAID WHAT I SAID. Because of her I started following figure skating and because of her I will stop because no one lived to be as interestning as her so far.

Just rewatched some programs... memoirs of a geisha, exogenesis, thais, echo of love, anna karenina, windmills and few others. It is so sad that so many new skaters are literally built after her but no one is feeling the music the way she did. It is not enough to do that high cick, you were supposed to do it because there is a musical point there.

Anyway... THANK YOU for everything Zenja, you will be missed as an athlete and an artist (biggest one so far).

Also I will be leaving figure skating comunity up until she becomes coach or something.
I started following the sport outside of just watching during the Olympics because of her, but I have found a couple of other skaters whom I also like alright, so I will keep at least one eye on them until they retire, but I am not nearly as interested in them as I was in her. She was unique, and there is no one else who can stop time and stir my emotions with their performances like she did.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

We will miss you. And I hope you check into her fan base now and again. I am sure she will be active in the figure skating community.

I feel the same way, there is no one like our Queen Evgenia.

LadyScarlatta

On the Ice
I started following the sport outside of just watching during the Olympics because of her, but I have found a couple of other skaters whom I also like alright, so I will keep at least one eye on them until they retire, but I am not nearly as interested in them as I was in her. She was unique, and there is no one else who can stop time and stir my emotions with their performances like she did.
x2 My era of stanning Plushenko girls will begin :laugh:and I have been attracted to Anjelika Krylova's pairs, they bring back memories of Virtue / Moir and I am pleased to see another coach.
Edit: they are zhenya stans :sneaky::sneaky:

Scott512

Record Breaker
She hasn't named him, which is probably better than he deserves, and yeah, as much as I love her skating and as much as I was having fun living vicariously through her, rising and falling inside as she did well or not so well at competitions, I would much rather see her retire and live a full life than cripple herself chasing an OGM or just the thrill of the competition. It was never going to be something she could do for life anyway, so better to end it now while her back is still healthy enough that she can play with her children and grandchildren someday.
Agreed.

Life is more important than an athletic career they're hand on fortunately injuries and that back problem stopped at the end of the year stop Evgenia competitively. Not saying her too great programs next season competitively will hurt but it's better to know that she's happy and somewhat healthy. Figure skating as we all know is a beautiful sport but a brutal sport in so many ways.

I do wish figure skating or some wealthy people in Japan or Russia came up with a tour or a season for skaters over 20 years old who don't do ultra jumps. Most fans can't really understand what each jump is and how it's construction and why it's scored a certain way they just want to see beautiful skating. But to ask Zhenys and many of these ladies to learn ultra jumps after yhe age of 18 is almost impossible and very dangerous. how many skaters are injured this season? Lots.

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
She’s moving on. She’s a lovely and independent girl, no doubt she will find a good man.
To be honest, yeah the way they broke up was ugly (the guy has no balls) but it’s better to do it before getting married with children Involved. She didn´t lose anything after seeing his true color.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I‘m very late, yes, but it took me some time to process this interview. It wasn‘t that the news were unexpected, on the contrary, I was almost waiting for it to be official to be able to move on and stop hoping for her to reappear in competitions. Although I‘m glad to see that she‘s doing so well, hearing about her injury made me both extremely sad and extremely angry. Just such gross mismanagement. But this thread isn‘t the place for this, so I‘ll leave it at this. The only thing I can‘t help but adding: It‘s incredible to think how right Zhenya was four years ago. She understood the situation perfectly and, in retrospective, seeing what’s happened now, her words about the move "It was either this or retire" couldn't have been more true. I‘m glad she did what she felt she needed back then and I think it paid off for her in that we got to see her skate for two more years and she grew immensely from that time. Yes, she didn‘t win as many medals as she did before but what she did get instead was the ability to train like an adult, being treated like an individual and having the creative freedom to choose her own programs. It should have been four years instead of two, but hey, that‘s life, sometimes things don‘t happen the way we want them to.

That being said, it is relieving to see her moving on and thriving now! So, ending the post with a positive note:

Here are Zhenya‘s new commercials for Lacoste and Milka.

And here she is with her Ice Age partner in the official video 2021 of Google Russia!

She had an incredible career as a competitive athlete and and I think she‘ll have have just as much success at whatever it is she decides to do next. So. Thank you, Zhenya! :)