Favorite Ladies Costume (All Time) | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Favorite Ladies Costume (All Time)

erasona

Rinkside

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Thank you thank you! The Nessun Dorma one was regal. I think another thing that makes Yuna's costumes beautiful is the fact that the illusion fabric matches her skin PERFECTLY.

ITA. And they could easily be transformed into an actual dress, they don't just look like a costume :)

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Yeah, that's what I like about most of Yuna's dresses - they didn't fit the stereotype of the pageanty, rhinestone-encrusted skating outfit most skaters wear. Hers could easily be modified into cocktail dresses.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
I think Tara and Johnny once mentioned Mao is the best dressed lady skater. :)

I also personally love Yuna's 2013 Worlds Les Mis.
I love that dress I just wish it were a different color, maybe a soft lilac, burgundy or a nice shade of blue. The grey doesn't work for me but I love the design.

SoundtracksOnIce

On the Ice
I know it's not a popular opinion, but I loved Tara Lipinski's Anastasia costume. It was really pretty and unique.

My two best favorites are probably Sasha Cohen's Romeo & Juliet dresses. She had a burgundy one in Turin and an ivory variation at Nationals and both were very ornate.

Franklin99

Medalist
Is that Mao's hair? :jaw: Do you believe that I didn't know she had such long hair? :slink: :hopelessness:

I have a feeling that Mao doesn't like her hair long. She's kept it relatively short since 2008, and had it cut into a short bob after Worlds.

Last edited:

Ayeshoo

On the Ice
How much do these costumes cost on average anyway. A lot of people love Yuna's costumes. She does have great style but perhaps because she is a very wealthy skater (one of the richest?) so she can also afford hiring top designers (and maybe a stylist).

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
How much do these costumes cost on average anyway. A lot of people love Yuna's costumes. She does have great style but perhaps because she is a very wealthy skater (one of the richest?) so she can also afford hiring top designers (and maybe a stylist).

I'm not sure how much they cost, but I'm sure Yuna's were on the more expensive end. I recall seeing a video from her ice show (?) where they interviewed her designer... he came across as a knowledgable clothing professional (as in, not someone who only dealt in fs outfits), but perhaps that was just my own imagination ;)

starlight97

Final Flight

Yuna is more often than not described as "The biggest celebrity in South Korea".
If the media is right or even close with that, wouldn't that make her sth like the Angelina Jolie of the USA, or the Celine Dion of France, Giselle Bündchen of Brasil etc?
As far as I know designers compete to be allowed to design clothes for these women.
And judging from her varios endorsements I think it would be no problem for her to pay for expensive designers/costumes.
So I also think some of the beautiful stuff Yuna wore wouldn't even be available for say Katelyn Osmond.

Meoima

Match Penalty
^ agree. I am not surprised. Top skaters in some case might be the same as top actress, who are often paid to wear beautiful stuffs.

Still... I love it when some skaters choose to be economic. I often find myself root for skaters who wear stuff I could find in any shop, for example Menshov.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know it's not a popular opinion, but I loved Tara Lipinski's Anastasia costume. It was really pretty and unique.

My two best favorites are probably Sasha Cohen's Romeo & Juliet dresses. She had a burgundy one in Turin and an ivory variation at Nationals and both were very ornate.

I liked Tara's "Little Women" sp costume from the 1996/97 season. Love most of Sasha's dresses!

nguyenghita

On the Ice
Yuna has her own designer as well as stylist, makeup/hair artist, not only her skating costume but her outfit/makeup in all kind of public events are all planned by the staffs with different concept for each event.

But anyway, the top designer is not related to great style. Yuna's current designer was unknown before but she has great tatse. Usually the designer listens to the music, try to understand the concept/meaning of the program then design various type of the dress based on that, show them to Yuna. She will choose the one she likes the most. The designer once told on TV that Yuna likes something simple, classic yet modern.

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
I have a feeling that Mao doesn't like her hair long. She's kept it relatively short since 2008, and had it cut into a short bob after Worlds.

But she is gorgeous with those long hair. I love it. :love:

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
This is a little known dress that I have always loved. I can't find a decent pic but here is a video of it. I just think it looks so soft and pretty, simple but very elegant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrnCt7HYCY0

Love this style:
http://www2.lhric.org/pocantico/womenenc/kwan.htm

This:
http://www.tomtheobald.com/wwg/kwan-purple-masterfs01-6x10-300pxl.jpg

Alyssa:
https://www.google.com/search?q=mic...est.com%2Fpin%2F487303622154207644%2F;236;314

Not ever a huge fan of her skating but I have always liked most of Emily Hughes dresses. Especially this one:
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/xB8L...kating+Championships/2bqi_R4TRrg/Emily+Hughes

And this one has probably already been posted but it so stunning ( not to mention it matched the boards perfectly):
http://www.sportsfeatures.com/olymp...or-korean-world-cup-team-and-2018-olympic-bid

Last edited: