Misha Ge LP, IdF

Pairs:
Ciprès/James SP, SkateCanada
Sui/Han LP, GPF

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I like Zagitova's and Osmond's long programs. ALso, I LOVE Medvedeva's short!:luv17:

desertskates

Medalist
Since I'm in the US, we hand out four medals :p Here are mine for ladies programs:
Gold: Wakaba's Skyfall Sad shame it won't see Olympic ice
Silver: Maria's Claire De Lune It would be an absolute dream without the tano arm
Bronze: Kaetlyn's Black Swan I love the strong swan
Pewter: Mirai's Miss Saigon The music just suits her very well

anyanka

Record Breaker
I'll hand out four medals too!

Among new programs:

• Gold: Zhenya's "Anna Karenina". It's artfully constructed, she truly performs it, and she resisted the temptation to do the obvious by not pretending to throw herself under the train at the very end.
  • Silver: Satoko's "Madame Butterfly". While I think Mao's is the gold standard, this version is quieter, less dramatic / theatrical, but feels more nuanced. It's "the Tiny Queen's" own interpretation, and it's wonderful.
  • Bronze: Ashley's "La La Land". Too bad she didn't give the program a chance to grow, to breathe, to make it really swell. I would have preferred to have seen this tried and deemed lacking at the start of the season and then watch it develop, rather than the one and only performance at nationals.
  • Pewter: Masha's "Clair de Lune". What a lovely, composed work. It shows off her musicality. She could be the one Russian lady who will consistently place well over the next quad.

Among older / recycled programs:

• Gold: Gabby's "Rhapsody in Blue". She skated a blinder at nationals. It's playful, jazzy, and energetic, just like Gershwin's composition.
  • Silver: Caro's "Afternoon of a Faun". It's a work of art, as usual, even though I prefer her "Bolero" or 2011/12 Mozart.
  • Bronze: Alina's "Don Quixote". I admit I am always a little bit bored in the first half, but the second just zips by and flows. It's almost as if I were at the ballet. I'm putting it third only because it still looks a little junior-ish to me, but it certainly grows on me.
  • Pewter: Keatlyn's "Milord". It was as if it were made only for her.

Weathergal

Medalist

cinnamon

On the Ice
I get more charmed by her every time I see her! She is so musical and so engaging. I really like her. And she seems so sweet in the kiss and cry and in interviews. Not to mention she is absolutely stunning. Wishing her every success!

Totally agreed!