FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Short Programs

Carolina Kostner's "Ne Me Quitte Pas"
Courtney Hicks' "La Califfa"
Wakaba Higuchi's "Gypsy Dance"

Long Programs

Higuchi's "Skyfall"
Zagitova's "Red Ballerina" (for its technical prowess)

Alex D

Record Breaker
Wakaba´s FS is amazing, she shot me and it felt good! Nastya has beautiful programs as well.

Both girls just stand out in my opinion, fun how one is junior and the other "senior". I still think that Osmonds SP is a masterpiece and I sadly don´t like Evgenias choice this season.

Marsha is once again my favorite senior Russian of the year. I love how she always feels her music and looks so elegant. Her dresses are lovely!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m going to happily add Serafima’s “well balanced” Concierto Aranjuez to this thread.

https://youtu.be/ui3OiLUpTIY

I’m in love with the program and although she is still working on her securing her jumps the music and performance still pull me in. I just think it’s got a vibe to it and seeing Plushy be a part of it gives it something a little special.

Weathergal

Medalist
i see that Giada's SP hasnt been mentioned yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AHP_5sbpHA

this is another masterpiece, reminiscent of her Red Violin :luv17: that preceeding steps into 3S is just amazing:eeking:

also love Rika Kihira's SP a lot! :love:

Thanks so much for posting that link - I just love Giada Russo, and I can't believe I hadn't checked out her programs yet this year. Her musicality! (as the announcers point out). I, of course, had to watch her long program as well. She really is amazing! :love:

Lightstar

On the Ice
Sp:
- Tarakanovas is a masterpiece
- Tsurskayas, she is such an amazing jumper and elegant performer
- samodurovas is very cute and suits her pretty well
- Sotskovas is also amazing!
- Osmonds is still a masterpiece and one of the most entertaining programs

LP
- Again Tarakanovas is amazing, her passion and power and strength
- Alinas
- Tursynbaevas program is very nice and i love her

And i have to admit that both of Wakabas Programs are great even though i don't really like her...

After this list I realize how much i love Russian figure skating :luv17: :cheer: :laugh:

randomfan

Record Breaker
I avoided all repeats (even if I loved them before), and so these are all from this season only (in no particular order):

SP:
Marin Honda
Soyoun Park (underrated IMO)
Satoko Miyahara
Alisa Fedichkina (also underrated IMO)
Laurine Lecavelier
Wakaba Higuchi
Yuna Shiraiwa
Courtney Hicks
HM:
Young You

FS:
Elizabet Tursynbaeva
Kaori Sakamoto
Wakaba Higuchi
Mai Mihara
Maria Sotskova (in the minority here)
HM:
Evgenia Medvedeva
Mirai Nagasu

I have nothing against Tarakanova, but I’m not quite sure why people love her programs so much. To me, they’re just...programs...:confused2:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maria Sotskova (in the minority here)

I'm right there with ya!

I have nothing against Tarakanova, but I’m not quite sure why people love her programs so much. To me, they’re just...programs...:confused2:

Show me one program this season like her SP and then maybe I'll agree with ya. :coffee:

This thread is about their 'programs'
Not their jump difficulty. I see them as two separate identities. Jumps take how long of each program? So I try in my mind not to be influenced by number of rotations. Instead I see every movement, Jumps yes, but only as part of the program.
I remember the pain of finding out my 'what I thought as my one true love' had deceived me. I pounded the wall and sank to my knees sobbing then stood up angry as hell. I cried through Kostner's entire short as I felt she showed on ice what I felt. Osmond's short made me remember a life before I knew real pain. When I only dreamt of what I would feel when the time came to love. Medvedeva. Zagitiva. They make me remember time before Kostner's and Osmond's emotions, when I just did what my parents said. I thought I knew everything, it was all so easy. It was happy and easy but not deep. I was preconditioned. Does deep matter? I personally think so.
Miyahara surprised me with her depth and understanding of a geisha stolen from her innocence into a life where obedience and beauty must be the face, yet inside was courage of a woman and her long where she showed the sadness of her being so dependent on a man. I wish her very end would show that more but oh, wow, maybe it is rather a whisper of hope? Regardless these programs made me feel and keep thinking.
The other girls all make me respect them for their joy and competency in skating but as far as programs go I think Kostner and Miyahara say something, hit me in the heart, wonder about myself and the people I have known.
Kostner still gets my vote all the way, I think, just my opinion, she is so above the others she's in a different event artisticallyz. I can't stop watching Miyahara and finding new things to be amazed by. I hope Medvedeva competes but not if it messes up her health for Olympics. It will be hard to watch the program and evaluate what's really being done while knowing her hardship. OMG, but look at the hardships of Osmond, Kostner and Miyahara. Much more in comparison.
How will I separate watching what's in front of me without empathetic for their obstacles.
Ugh. I get mad at the judges and the cheating, their ignorance, but I would not want to sit there and assign marks knowing I hold their future in my marks.

iskate

On the Ice
SP
Anastasia Tarakanova (she is so expressive! Something about the program is just...dynamic. And I love it)
Alena Kostornaia :love:
Marin Honda (the music is so pretty and her skating is so pretty and just asgdaskhfgshkd)
Kailani Craine (even if it's from last season, the program suits her so well)

FS
Sasha Trusova
Elisabet Tursynbaeva
Wakaba Higuchi
Evgenia Medvedeva (Anna Karenina)

madmax

Rinkside
Tarakanova. Both SP and FS are outstanding and perfectly suited to her talent for drama and to the intensity of her skating (especially in the FS she skates like there's no tomorrow).

enzet

On the Ice
I'll respect the definition of favourite and pick only one program :p

SP: Satoko's Memoirs of a Geisha https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY23tS9tsj0

I've seen people call this program's choreography cliché, but I disagree. You have to look past her arm choreo (which she really only uses when she is setting up for a jumping pass), to see how full of nuance and musicality it really is. I suspect Satoko is the kind of skater that is a lot more enjoyable up close on the screen than in person, but what she lacks in projection she more than gains in subtlety. I love the way the changes of rhythm and mood in this program are acknowledged by the choreography -- Satoko is able to relay a variety of emotions while maintaining the program's integrity and overall harmony. I personally find her attention to detail and composition second to none in the current ladies' field.

From my experience, it's quite the opposite, actually. I haven't seen her in person lately, but I did at NHK Trophy in 2013 and she was absolutely captivating even then, when she wasn't half the skater she is now.
I still clearly remember the magical atmosphere she created with her skating and her nuanced interpretation that, although subtle, totally drew me in her performance.
She just seemed to have a very special aura about her that I'm not sure I had fully appreciated on the screen up to then.
I mainly came to watch different skaters at that time, but she definitely was a standout and one of the highlights of the competition for me.

lappo

Final Flight
i see that Giada's SP hasnt been mentioned yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AHP_5sbpHA

this is another masterpiece, reminiscent of her Red Violin :luv17: that preceeding steps into 3S is just amazing:eeking:

also love Rika Kihira's SP a lot! :love:

Mentioned at number 10! Glad to see another Giada fan, proof that at least for the artistic side of the discipline some gems can be find in the lower tiers. If only she could adjust her jumps and gain consistency...