Favorite ladies programs this season | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Favorite ladies programs this season

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Mentioned at number 10! Glad to see another Giada fan, proof that at least for the artistic side of the discipline some gems can be find in the lower tiers. If only she could adjust her jumps and gain consistency...

opps sorry :biggrin: but she deserves more than 1 mention anyway :love: i am hoping that she will get better at tech side so we can see her at more competitions, other than senior Bs

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
SP:
Kaetlyn Osmond - Edith Piaf
Gabrielle Daleman - Carmen
Evgenia Medvedeva - Nocturne
Alena Kostornaya - Adios Nonino
Serafima Sakhanovich - Waltz
Anastasia Gubanova - Summertime

FP:
Alina Zagitova - Don Quixote
Evgenia Medvedeva - Anna Karenina
Maria Sotskova - Clair de Lune
Anastasia Gubanova - Nocturnal Animals
Alena Leonova - Bollywood
Kaori Sakamoto - Amelie
Rika Hongo - Frida
Wakaba Higuchi - Skyfall

TMC

Record Breaker
I'm not that invested in ladies - I don't generally care enough to rewatch any programme multiple times - but there's something about Kaori Sakamoto's Amelie! I've watched it several times every day since SA and I can't help it, every time I go all :love:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I'm not that invested in ladies - I don't generally care enough to rewatch any programme multiple times - but there's something about Kaori Sakamoto's Amelie! I've watched it several times every day since SA and I can't help it, every time I go all :love:

I quite agree - she embraces for me very effectively and successfully this 'artistic quirkiness' of choreography, this whole 'miming'/gesticulating thing, still having the integrity of performance and executed program. This proves for me that this is a perfect type of program for Kaori, because she not only manages to skate it cleanly, but also to perform the heck of it, move the audience, create a moment with it. It does not hurt that she continues the tradition of Japanese skaters having amazing, 'sound' musicality in their skating. I think that there's just something very unusual, appealing in this kind of 'treatment' imposed on 'Amelie' theme, this music from Yann Tiersen used/heard so many times - Kaori makes it fresh and a kind of 'avant-garde' I'd say: this dark costume, gestures, expression throughout the program...You cannot take your eyes of the whole picture, not only from her succeeding in her jump content.

ETA - one more thought - I think that putting this program and Kaori's performance of it at SA in comparison with other Ladies, proves some kind of paradox for me: she manages to pull of 'dreamy'/'fairy' atmosphere without being clad in pastels and frilly, sparkly dress - she makes some kind of 'real fairy' out there, which relates way better with 'Amelie' plot than making it 'sweeter' in appearances.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Sotskova's Kalinka gala.

probably my favourite program of hers, which is not even a competitive one:laugh:, there is something alluring and exciting to see Maria breaking outside of this polishes/elegant/classical skater and making it more sassy/cheeky, dynamic, skating with more varied energy and abandon. Would love to see a program in that aesthetic from her in competition - maybe some 'Dark eyes' SP or Gypsy FS? I think she'd do great:)

JustMe

On the Ice
I don't follow junior skating, so my favorite senior ladies (new) programs:

SP: Kostner (best choreography), Mihara (musicality)
FP: Sakamoto (unpredictable flow), Kostner (best choreography)

deneuved

On the Ice
short: Polina Tsurskaya/Loena Hendrickx
long: Ashley Wagner (yes!)
I always prefer programmes to modern-ish music somehow.

Weathergal

Medalist
Wakaba's LP is the only one I will probably rewatch in a couple of years.
There are others whose choreo is interesting but that so far haven't come together yet (Mai's SP - I find the choreo quite pleasing but I have expressed elsewhere doubts on the interpretation - totally hope that she can improve on it; Satoko's both programs have pleasing moments for me). Also, saw Giada Russo SP and found it quite interesting, despite (or maybe because) it being similar to her Red Violin masterpiece.
Like Silverfoxes, I'm eagerly waiting to see what Ivett Toth is going to do...she had one of my favourite programs last year. A bit bugged for Laurine Lecavalier, because her programs this year are not on par with their previous ones, imo.

yeeessss :hap57: its a shame se WDd from both of her events but hopefully it will be worth to wait :luv17:

Nice to see other fans of Ivett Toth and Giada Russo! I'm hoping that Ivett is recovering from her injury. Does anyone know how she's doing? I'd love to see her and Giada Russo at Europeans!

ETA: Just saw that Ivett is listed in the Entries List for the Santa Claus Cup - go Ivett! Loena Hendrickx is also listed. :thumbsup:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
this thread needs a revival :biggrin:
in light of the upcoming Olympics:
if you had to pick one program this season (SP OR FS, not both) to recommend to an Olympic-only viewer, what would it be?

mine: Anastasia Tarakanova 2017 JGPF FS
if Olympic skaters only: Evgenia Medvedeva (2017-2018 FS but with the 2017 WTT variations and score)

FSLover17

On the Ice
Probably Wakaba's Skyfall FS but as she won't be there maybe Alina's Red Ballerina FS because of the jumping musicality

Nathan13

Medalist
Evgenia's LP--I'm so happy we finally get to see it again this week :biggrin:
Evgenia's SP
Kaori's LP (probably an unpopular opinion but :confused2:)
Wakaba's LP
Alina's SP (wish it was her free, actually)
Rika's LP

johnsmith72

On the Ice
Unpopular opinion but I love Osmond's long program. I think it will be a masterpiece if performed clean :thumbsup:

russianfan

Match Penalty
if you had to pick one program this season (SP OR FS, not both) to recommend to an Olympic-only viewer, what would it be?

if Olympic skaters only: Evgenia Medvedeva (2017-2018 FS but with the 2017 WTT variations and score)

from non-Olympic skaters - Kostornaya's SP
from Olympic skaters - Zagitova's FS
two girls in red though :)

Nathan13

Medalist
Evgenia's LP--I'm so happy we finally get to see it again this week :biggrin:
Evgenia's SP
Kaori's LP (probably an unpopular opinion but :confused2:)
Wakaba's LP
Alina's SP (wish it was her free, actually)
Rika's LP

Okay, so I didn't read directions on the previous page and just posted all my faves :slink:

If I had to pick only one, I would agree with you Spirals for Miles and go with Anna Karenina !

TerpsichoreFS

Marin Honda's skating skills
Final Flight
SP:Satoko's Memoirs of a Geisha

FS:Alina's Don Quixote. It's a classic crowd rouser. I also like Kaori's FS because I love the music, especially 'La Noyée' at the end.

I feel like there aren't many great SPs this year. Osmond's could count but I don't really like it, Karen's is nice but less than last year, all three Russians have a better LP.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
One program to recommend an Olympics-only viewer?

Well, that would of course be Anna Shcherbakova's SP from last weekend.

But if we were only considering skaters who are senior eligible / actually at the Olympics, my choice would be Evgenia Medvedeva's FS.