Favorite Moments from the Grand Prix | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Favorite Moments from the Grand Prix

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
I'm actually pretty bad at computering. I only know how to download YouTube videos in HD format. :slink:

If you have chrome, you can download the Savefrom.net extension and it allows you to download from DM in HD. Or you can just google it, I think there are free softwares that you don't need to install :)

psycho

On the Ice
In no particular order:

Tarasova's epic commentary. The only thing that can make it better is to have Vasya back.
Jin Boyang's SP in COC
Radionova's moment at Cup of Russia
Yuzuru kicking *** and taking names
Brian Joubert's reactions to his skater's performance
Shoma's SP at TEB
K/S's triumph at COC

Interspectator

Record Breaker
My best moments were:
1: Yuzu's perfect programs and his perfectly fierce and happy face afterward.
2: My eyes have seen the perfection of Jin's Quad Lutz...not once, but 4 times!! Plus the ones in practice. Who knew that it could be done and made to look so easy?
3: Javi's COC SP
4: Radionova's come-back skates at COR
5: Shoma's SP at TEB and LP at Japan Open
6: Rika's Riverdance at COC
7: Mao's COC SP

Many more that I'm sure to think of later.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks so much guys :love:

This project is bonkers. I'm kind of mixing all different disciplines and skaters into one program. :hpull:

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My best moments were:
1: Yuzu's perfect programs and his perfectly fierce and happy face afterward.
2: My eyes have seen the perfection of Jin's Quad Lutz...not once, but 4 times!! Plus the ones in practice. Who knew that it could be done and made to look so easy?
3: Javi's COC SP
4: Radionova's come-back skates at COR
5: Shoma's SP at TEB and LP at Japan Open
6: Rika's Riverdance at COC
7: Mao's COC SP

Many more that I'm sure to think of later.

Everyone is gonna think I just used your list ;)

You forgot Kanako's smiley KnC at TEB :yes:

anyanka

Record Breaker
Mine:

- Yuzu's NHK 2015 skating clinic - that was what it was
- Chan's return in SC FS - classically beautiful, deep edges, soft knees, everything I've missed
- C/L return to form at COC / COR - such a joyous pair to watch
- Shibs' FS, having the best twizzles of any team this season
- Mao's SP at COC - marriage of artistry and athletics
- Medvedeva coming onto the senior GP circuit strong and establishing a valid claim to become Russian ladies' #1
- Radionova's COR FS - the music and arrangement was initially not my cup of tea, but she made it something truly special
- Max Aaron - winning SA in grand style
- D/R's Adele FS at SC - next year they'll do "Hello"?
- S/K SP at COR - she truly put a spell on me!

HM even though not on GP series: Pogo's amazing Mordovian Ornament FS to Scheherazade, it was a thing of beauty; and Aljona & Bruno finally coming into competition and kicking butt left right and centre. Euros is going to be wild!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
a great season so far - definitely exciting and unexpected, with great debuts and successful returns

- Yuzuru Hanyu NHK all programs - a perfection in motion and a proof that becoming better, overcoming difficulties and beating own records (by huge margins) is possible with proper approach and under right hand; ETA - this 'Yuzury' thing is there since posting and you guys should shout at me to correct this!!!:drama:

- Shibutanis victory at NHK and overall 'redemption' this season - a proof that better programs mixed with strong technique can do wonders; really glad they stepped it up - really charming duo with amazing support for each other and lots of chemistry and charisma, finally effort is recognized and rightly awarded;

Bobrova/Soloviev come back, especially FD at NHK - once again cannot believe myself I'm so taken by them but guess it had to be 1 year break or/and such magnificent, fitting-like-a-glove programs to make myself a supporter; it shows that they worked really hard not only on tech side, but foremost about storytelling by movement, right facial expression and chemistry. FD is an absolute fairytale for me - costumes, music cuts, acting, tech content, interesting choreography, right dose of emotion, amazing storytelling...

- Anna Cappelini/Luca Lanotte successful comeback in their signature style - a proof for others that if something works, stick with it adding personal imput and tech improvement. Really charming programs (especially FD), lots of personality, as always amazing costumes and an example how to sell a program and present themselves as partners (Luca along with Andrew Poje and Dimitry Soloviev are for me a top male examples of presenting their female companions and themselves as strong male ice dancer);

- Javier Fernandez SP at CoC - #suaveoverload:party2:, a real delight to rewatch. Finally a Spanish flavour from Spanish skater, great presentation, amazing choreo by A. Najarro and THAT FACIAL HAIR!!!!

- Satoko Miyahara at NHK - tiny queen is back: solid programs, great skills, a real charmer on ice, same case as Yuzuru - real warriores, determined, motivated, eager to develop and with so immaculate work ethic.

- Elena Radionova Rostelecom showing - my favourite Russian skater, crappy programs this year but as I'd written - she can sell everything to anyone, she completely pours herself in each performance and even if there are tech mistakes it leaves you with an impression of engaged performance which is very important; and she is back in the game of course despite of all critics;

- Yuko Kavaguti/Alexander Smirnov SP/FS at CoC and SP at Rostelecom - my second favourite pair at the moment (Sui/Han are first, but both are diva pairs so practically tied), a great choice to stuck with Manfred as FS another season, this is a program with WOW factor and Tamara (love her) always has her ways to improve even old stuff...She is a real diva and he is probably the best male partner to present such lady and not being forgotten (but have to say, Han Cong is also good and still improving);

- Shoma Uno SP at TEB - a really delightful performance from my cutie Shoma (he and Satoko - OMG #cutenessoverload); there is something about Japanese skaters and their amazing work ethic and determination to improve - since last season I became a fan of his musicality and interpretation and this SP at TEB proved that he has lots of potential to give a full package performance with strong tech and engaging presentation;

- Boyang Jin 'enter of the dragon' into senior circuit - #quadsoverload, definitely a controversial subject but I can only admire his tech ability, attack and improvement comparing to previous season; he sure has a weapon in these quads - will be interesting to see what future unfold for him...

- Wenjing Sui/Cong Han SP at CoC - hands down the best SP this season for me - from music, intricate choreography to consistent tech side and an amazing spin. Adding to this diva attitude, fierceness in attack of the program each time and amazing chemistry between them I am in love each time they perform. Since their first season in senior circuit in 2011/12 I fell in love with them and this feeling stays.

- Mao SP at CoC - she is just one of this skaters who probably could sell anything by her amazing skating skills, commanding ice presence and arresting expression; step sequence is one of the best in history I think - to balance rhythm changes and still manage to interpret music in way she does is really amazing; if tech content will be there, the program has a real potential to break 80 pts in my non-expert opinion. Besides - taking this 'real lady on ice' discussion - she is one of last 'real ladies on ice' indeed: with such maturity, proper expression and complex skills she is one of a kind for me;

Eventually more to follow (sorry for another monstrous post!!!)

Last edited:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
- Bobrova/Soloviev final pose from their free dance. This is real gold. And their straight line lift at NHK, it may not be very original but its execution is picture perfect.
- Ksenia Stolbova looking mad after her mistakes at CoR, even though they actually WON the event, while Fedor is looking happy and smiling.
- Elena Radionova's reaction after her skate at CoR, tears of joy and happiness, as well as Elena's tears after their Frida at CoR.
- Cappellini/Lanotte partial step sequence to rhythm of polka in their SD. Gorgeous.

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Thanks so much guys :love:

This project is bonkers. I'm kind of mixing all different disciplines and skaters into one program. :hpull:

That's my kind of cooking. Cut it up, throw some oil in the wok, turn on the heat, add a lot of spices, a little rice wine vinegar and soy, stir it up. Serve it hot.

Bonkers can be very tasty. :)

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Hanyu's freeskate at NHK really stands out. And maybe Chan's freeskate at Skate Canada have stood out. It really hasn't been a stellar year.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here is my video scrapbook of some of our favorite memories from this season. I tried to use as many suggestions from this thread as I could but there is only so much time. Maybe I'll make a part two but this was much more time consuming than I had intended it to be and two or three days of hair pulling.

https://youtu.be/8ZMWIcF0eaw
Available up to 720p HD

The concept was to sort of make it look like everyone was skating one program. I tried my best to put transitions together that somewhat complimented each other. It is what it is and I just hope some of you like it.

Massive thanks to everyone who make it easy to find video clips in the event threads (stop clogging that thread up with comments) and to everyone who has offered suggestions here. :thank:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Here is my video scrapbook of some of our favorite memories from this season. I tried to use as many suggestions from this thread as I could but there is only so much time. Maybe I'll make a part two but this was much more time consuming than I had intended it to be and two or three days of hair pulling.

Available up to 720p HD

The concept was to sort of make it look like everyone was skating one program. I tried my best to put transitions together that somewhat complimented each other. It is what it is and I just hope some of you like it.

Massive thanks to everyone who make it easy to find video clips in the event threads (stop clogging that thread up with comments) and to everyone who has offered suggestions here. :thank:

Wow, what a great result! Thank you so much for putting so many special moments of the grand prix in a single video :clap:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker

Available up to 720p HD

This is so awesome!!! Oh my, downloading it now. You're so talented, I wish I could make such videos.

P.S. What about part two? I'm hoping to see some Bobrova/Soloviev moments :)

Last edited: