Flashback: remember TSL's 2013 Nats Recap? | Golden Skate

Flashback: remember TSL's 2013 Nats Recap?

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Lol, I still can't forget it! I could watch it all over again. And I recommend others do too.
This was the nationals where Ashley won her second consecutive title, mirai was 7th second year in a row, Max Aaron won with West Side Story, Angela Wang had the ladies in lavender program, Jason brown was still a newbie, Meryl and Charlie were dominating, etc etc.
The sport was very different back in 2013 but a lot is still the same.
The reason I'm bringing up this recap video is because :
1. The guests on the show were awesome
2. The IJS is slammed in a hilarious way
3. Real talk on diva Wagner
4. Fashion review at the end is funny
5. It was just plain entertaining

I was wondering what people thought about TSL 's recap. It got me thinking.

mrrice

Record Breaker
That was the year that I swore Angela Wang would the National Champion one day.......I actually predicted a battle at the top between she and Gracie. Not yet, but I sure do like her style.

Last edited:

musicfan80

Medalist
Wasn't this the recap that had Timothy Goebel initially part of the discussion and just got up and walked out once they started talking about the skating dresses? :laugh:

That was the year that I swore Angela Wang would the National Champion one day.......I actually predicted a battle at the top between she and Gracie. Not yet, but I sure do like her style.

I thought that Angela would make a 4CCs/Worlds team - but I didn't think she would ever win Nationals unless her jump content got quite a bit better. I definitely think that her problem is more mental toughness. I'm not sure what she can do - I think realistically Christy Krall is still the best coach for her.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh yes, back when they actually liked Max, because they turned on him and started sinking the boot into him at every opportunity, the pair of two-faced yellow-bellied worthless snakes...

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
I vaguely remember this! I think David is brilliant and obviously loves this sport. What a blast from the past!