Free Dance - I heart Davis/White !!

Final Flight
i'm lovin' these scores :laugh:

ok i saw both FDs

D/W:
awesome twizzles
great speed and flow
soft and intense
music choice is more contemporary - IMO more difficult to skate to - especially with the many weird transitions

V/M:
of course smoothness and lightness
twizzles were ok
spin was bleh
foot work was awesome
lifts - were shaky ......:p

i agree to the people who think that V/M's music is a good choice
IMO- it does "half of their work"
uber drama and climaxes...crescendos into a lift
overly emphasizes choreography to transitions...
it's like eating too much cake...it gets too sweet...
but im not denouncing their "skill"

bravo to that 207....

i love how V/M improve by leaps...each second each performance...:rolleye:

Last edited:

skatingfan04

Final Flight
wow, it couldn't have been closer between Weaver/Poje and Wester/Barantsev

I know! Weaver/Poje have improved a lot this season. This FD was particularly strong. They only lost unison one one twizzle. Their last performance of this FD, at nationals, was a mess. He fell. I love how they took a piece of music like Blues for Klook and didnt make the program boring or monotinous. That sultry stuff works well for them.

As for V/M, I agree this wasn't their strongest technically. I saw the wobbles on the lifts as well. I thought the performance was on, though. While her dress was nice, I still love the orange one that she wore at the summer competition in Thornhill and the Skate Canada Test skate. I know the skirt was way to distracting and dangerous, but I just though the dress expressed the story perfectly.

BTW, if almost every competition has been overscored over the past few months all the way through the top 10 and beyond, can it still be called overscoring? Or is it standard now? :laugh:

missysays

On the Ice
You know watching clear video instead of streaming blurriness really changes things. I re-watched D/W and V/M and enjoyed both performances much more when I could see clearly expressions and nuances.

You know I think the 2 couples would have a big laugh reading the messages here where people fight over who is best. In the videos that I saw you can see the audience very clearly in certain shots and both D/W and V/M would stay and watch each other and cheer each other on- as well as cheer the other skaters. That's nice to see.

:clap:

lmarie086

Medalist
I think it does depend on the quality of the videos because I just watched two different ones for V/M and D/W. First I'll congratulate V/M for their win, and say that I like the new costumes except for the white collars-they're a bit jarring. After that, I'd say that was a shaky performance and if it had been any other team, the score would not have been 207. And even with the quality of the video I saw, their speed wasn't what it usually is. Hopefully they don't run into this at Worlds. I wish them luck there.
And ahh, how I wish D/W had won. They were spot on in the FD. The only thing I can think of is the transition into the Y spin-it was a little awkward. Also, there were some spots where they could have been unison (in the legs). Overall though, that was their best performance this season. I thought the speed was up to their usual standards, and the twizzles were amazing. I also LOVE how far they've come even since Nationals in relating to each other. I can't wait to see what they do at Worlds.