Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 166 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

Camille1409

On the Ice
I am nervous too, Its not like they are not gonna win, they will , theres no doubt about that, only I hope they will treat all teams the same, fair and square

- - - Updated - - -

It seems that they re second in the group?
Is there a chance to see ISU IG story somwhere else? I dont have an app

Yup there’s the second one !
Here’s the link https://youtu.be/6HewCLjqgzQ

cocotaffy

Final Flight
Thanks guys for all those videos and links, slowmo is just amazing with them, it really lets you see the amplitude of their movement and the lean on their edges. As for those 31 Million views, I'm so thrilled they transcend the sport and cultures too.

alain06fr

On the Ice
Hi Guys,
Good to see you already have the videos of the practice :) which was great BTW.
You can see Gaby and Guigui focused on several parts of their SD since GPF, such as step sequences (as one obvious example). They are pushing this program to its limits on both technical and artistic aspects. You'll find some pics on my Instagram.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Hi Guys,
Good to see you already have the videos of the practice :) which was great BTW.
You can see Gaby and Guigui focused on several parts of their SD since GPF, such as step sequences (as one obvious example). They are pushing this program to its limits on both technical and artistic aspects. You'll find some pics on my Instagram.

Thank you Alain, your photos are superb... as usual ! Have fun in beautiful Moscow :)

I saw the changes on videos : eve faster, more intricacy and they seem to have as much fun when performing the SD in practice as in competition :laugh:. They have an ease on the ice, it must be so good live !

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thanks everyone for the links, reports and updates! It's so cool to get to see behind the scenes a bit like this before the competition starts. :)

cocotaffy

Final Flight
Thank you Alain, your photos are superb... as usual ! Have fun in beautiful Moscow :)

I saw the changes on videos : eve faster, more intricacy and they seem to have as much fun when performing the SD in practice as in competition :laugh:. They have an ease on the ice, it must be so good live !

I agree about the speed, compared to the other teams, the camera has sometimes difficulty to follow them. Their Non Touch in particular is very linear and they skate it at such speed, it's finished before it even started. I realize all the other teams have decided to do more circular pattern within their non touch and stop a bit in the middle making this step sequence last longer than the French. It's an interesting choreographic choice, very straight, fast with no stop. I wanted to ask you, as you're a skater, is there a difference of difficulty in those two choices ? The first option makes the non touch looks fuller with more elements in it, the second makes it look they don't have as many steps but they have great speed, are very close to each other and have no rest to catch their breath in the middle. What are you thoughts ? Also, if I may pick your brain more, what steps have they added both in the non touch and the circular, I had hard time to pinpoint them ? Thanks

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
I agree about the speed, compared to the other teams, the camera has sometimes difficulty to follow them. Their Non Touch in particular is very linear and they skate it at such speed, it's finished before it even started. I realize all the other teams have decided to do more circular pattern within their non touch and stop a bit in the middle making this step sequence last longer than the French. It's an interesting choreographic choice, very straight, fast with no stop. I wanted to ask you, as you're a skater, is there a difference of difficulty in those two choices ? The first option makes the non touch looks fuller with more elements in it, the second makes it look they don't have as many steps but they have great speed, are very close to each other and have no rest to catch their breath in the middle. What are you thoughts ? Also, if I may pick your brain more, what steps have they added both in the non touch and the circular, I had hard time to pinpoint them ? Thanks

A difference of difficulty, not necessarily because it depends on what you prefer. For some it's not comfortable to stop in the middle, dance, and go back. But it's in a majority of the case a choreoraphic matter. It does make the No-touch look "fuller" though, and you add that extra in a technical element it makes you "forget" that it's too technical.
Then you take the example of P/C or H/D who have a "shorter" No-touch. It goes faster but all the technical content is here. Stopping is just an option and it has more to do with choreography.

They changed the steps from the middle of the No-touch to almost the end of it. And I noticed a couple of steps changed in the Pst but it's very detailed and hard to see with the video (because it's not HQ) but you'll see changes on the steps right before going into the lift ;)

cocotaffy

Final Flight
A differece o difficulty, not necessarily because it depends on what you prefer. For some it's not comfortable to stop in the middle, dance, and go back. But it's in a majority of the case a choreoraphic matter. It does make the No-touch look "fuller" though, and you add that extra in a technical element it makes you "forget" that it's too technical.
Then you take the example of P/C or H/D who have a "shorter" No-touch. It goes faster but all the technical content is here. Stopping is just an option and it has more to do with choreography.

They changed the steps from the middle of the No-touch to almost the end of it. And I noticed a couple of steps changed in the Pst but it's very detailed and hard to see with the video (because it's not HQ) but you'll see changes on the steps right before going into the lift ;)

Thanks so much, yes I saw the entry, I guess they're going for a more difficult entry to try and get that max score. As for the choreographic choice, it's an interesting one because it makes people say their non touch lacks content especially when their main competitors have made a specialty of the non touch. Personally, I think it looks more dancey and like a wave especially with their ability to undulate their bodies while still moving along at great speed which few teams manage to do during the non touch hence the stopping to show a bit of latin flavor.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Thanks so much, yes I saw the entry, I guess they're going for a more difficult entry to try and get that max score. As for the choreographic choice, it's an interesting one because it makes people say their non touch lacks content especially when their main competitors have made a specialty of the non touch. Personally, I think it looks more dancey and like a wave especially with their ability to undulate their bodies while still moving along at great speed which few teams manage to do during the non touch hence the stopping to show a bit of latin flavor.
You made 2 excellent points. No it does not lack content at all, maybe because it doesn't take as long for them to execute it, some will say it does but they don't have to "prove" it by stopping (a similar statement can be made for H/D no-touch). As long as it fits the whole dance, the music, the mood, it does not matter.
Funny how the IJS sometimes makes the elements seem too important that we tend to forget that the whole program has to be cohesive... and bring the PCS down ! But what can I say, I'm the first one caring for these elements :laugh:

EDIT : https://www.instagram.com/p/BeDNJHdj5c3/?taken-by=polyanskayad

Again many picture and practice video at the end !

all that

Final Flight
I'm confident in Gabi and Gui for the rest of the season. They perform every element in their free skate better than everyone else; the depth of musicality, performance and interpretation is beyond everyone else; as are their skating skills; and with regard to the choreography, well, it's just that piece of music to the note, performed on the ice. The short is a perfect programme; and the overall feels so relaxed and fun. My favourite part is the set pattern. How, i don't know. But they make it look like a lark. The tiniest tweaks in the free; practising the step sequences to make sure they get the highest level; and they are completely there. With regard to the judges, there will always be issues one way or another with all judges. Gabi and Gui have done all they can to ensure the judges make the right call on what they do (at Euros and at the Olympics and at Worlds) in how they have attacked this season. (and I have seen that there will be no French judge at Worlds, i seem to recall); and to make sure that a bad call will reflect badly on the judges. I expect good things all round; and thinking of some of the ludicrous judging at various nationals events I'm actually very pleased to being able to watch an Isu event, where the judging is (despite all controversies) of a much higher and more real standard.

I think that there is a Russian and an Italian in the tech staff is funny, because it's between those two countries that war will be here on the ice (and maybe on the panels?)

There's no doubt in my mind that P/C will win both Euros and the Olympics. Their skating skills are superior to everyone else's, and with the confidence they have this year, that much is clear to everyone. Other teams can try to improve choreography, music cuts, etc., but at the end of the day, it comes down to skating skills, and no one can beat P/C when it comes to that.

Axela00

Rinkside
I just hope that tomorrow and Saturday everything will go smoothly because what happened to the french pair team(morgan and vanessa) was extremely unfair

cocotaffy

Final Flight
I just hope that tomorrow and Saturday everything will go smoothly because what happened to the french pair team(morgan and vanessa) was extremely unfair
Tbh they had a very rough skate. They looked so exhausted and couldn't skate one clean element. The Russian pairs' scores were inflated though. I hope had the French skated a great program, they would have received a good score.

Axela00

Rinkside
Tbh they had a very rough skate. They looked so exhausted and couldn't skate one clean element. The Russian pairs' scores were inflated though. I hope had the French skated a great program, they would have received a good score.

Yeah but however ,they forced three russian teams on the podium