Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 169 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

icetigger

On the Ice
It was mesmerizing! The best dance I've seen in many-many years. They took my breath away.:love:

BTW, judge No. 2 is French. All perfect scores from Ms. Christine Hurth.

Ah, that explains it: they changed the order/judges from the short dance.......

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
Someone asked them what they think of their performance today.

Gabby was making funny faces and saying: I'm happy with mine, but not sure about my partner's.
Yea, a someone that is called Guigui. He interviewed her recording her words with a water bottle. He asks: "So Gabriella, what do you feel about your performance today?" And she replies: "Well, mine was great, but my partner *typical Gaby face with upturned eyes and / mouth* :laugh:

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
That was so goooood ! :yahoo:

They're clever though. They waited for the 2nd half of the season to add much more intricate moves and steps. So that transitions and Composition go higher. Smart people :laugh:

They have a 1.5 margin too, but that score is already something, I'm so happy for them ! Their Circular step sequence is a delight as usual, the smoothness of the program is wow.
The next time we'll see that FD will be in exactly a month, finale of the dance event ! :yahoo:

Iris81

On the Ice
One more european title with one more great skate of this beautiful program! :) I love them so much, noone can touch my heart with skating like they do. :love:

It sounds like after their performance Tatiana Tarasova was in tears, she said it's the best program of the last couple of years and she was not able to sleep all night when she saw their Moonlight Sonata for the first time, and from the first view she said "it is a piece of art".
She repeated several times that it is a masterpiece. Once again she said that their dance allows everyone to feel this music in his/her own way, to percieve it differently, to understand it differently, to be with them in this music, it is not the transfer of a movie or operetta on the ice, it is expression of the music, of feelings, she is very greatful to them that it resonates with her soul.

all that

Final Flight
They are the greatest ice dancers of all time, and Korea will only be the beginning of their absolute dominance. If they ever lose, it will be due to corruption. Hope Didier is there forever to prevent that.

Bcash

Final Flight
A little too calm this time. And twizzles are not the very best they can do. But I hope this continues to boost their confidence.

I like the small changes right after opening moves and the turn added to the cross overs leading up to the curve lift.

Bcash

Final Flight
That was so goooood ! :yahoo:

They're clever though. They waited for the 2nd half of the season to add much more intricate moves and steps. So that transitions and Composition go higher. Smart people :laugh:

They have a 1.5 margin too, but that score is already something, I'm so happy for them ! Their Circular step sequence is a delight as usual, the smoothness of the program is wow.
The next time we'll see that FD will be in exactly a month, finale of the dance event ! :yahoo:

SS and Transitions are the two components that were marked lower than 10 here. I don't remember what they got for these at GPF.
I'm expecting more additions at the Olympics, but I also don't want them to overthink this and make the program look too busy.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
SS and Transitions are the two components that were marked lower than 10 here. I don't remember what they got for these at GPF.
I'm expecting more additions at the Olympics, but I also don't want them to overthink this and make the program look too busy.

I think it's impossible to see a 10 in SS because some judges will always refuse to do so. (that's normal after all). I think the TR score is a bit higher.

I actually don't expect much changes in terms of choreo, just polishing at this point :)

oat

On the Ice
One more european title with one more great skate of this beautiful program! :) I love them so much, noone can touch my heart with skating like they do. :love:

It sounds like after their performance Tatiana Tarasova was in tears, she said it's the best program of the last couple of years and she was not able to sleep all night when she saw their Moonlight Sonata for the first time, and from the first view she said "it is a piece of art".
She repeated several times that it is a masterpiece. Once again she said that their dance allows everyone to feel this music in his/her own way, to percieve it differently, to understand it differently, to be with them in this music, it is not the transfer of a movie or operetta on the ice, it is expression of the music, of feelings, she is very greatful to them that it resonates with her soul.

Thanks for this translation/summary
I think it's not their best twizzle
and I don't know if it's because of the camera angle or their change, but i found them more slow

despite this, a new WR :thumbsup:

yuna13

On the Ice
love the little things they add. My parents were like :eeking: their "port de bras" :luv17: their interpretation :eek: my dad can't stop watching gabriella and he even noticed guillaume movement after the second set of twizzles :love:.
again the way they move across the ice is unmatched for me.
waiting for the brit euro and spanish version.
glad we had tarasova finally commenting P/C dance!!

icetigger

On the Ice
love the little things they add. My parents were like :eeking: their "port de bras" :luv17: their interpretation :eek: my dad can't stop watching gabriella and he even noticed guillaume movement after the second set of twizzles :love:.
again the way they move across the ice is unmatched for me.
waiting for the brit euro and spanish version.
glad we had tarasova finally commenting P/C dance!!

Tarasova's comments have been so few this season but they are also the most succinct and with the most depth of understanding of any TV commentator.

cocotaffy

Final Flight
Walking in some big shoes now following the last 4 consecutive european title winners, Klimova/Ponomarenko. And from that SD press conference we have confirmation they intend to go to Milan as Guillaume said they would keep working till Milan. They looked very collected during this competition taking it as a stepping stone the the 2nd half of the season. Smart not to get burned out too early.
A big congratulation to them, they're everything and more I could have ever hoped for to see in an ice dance team.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z4SuPQznVo

The Gala performance :hap10:

So I heard the French commentators said that the French team is going to Korea on the 30th of January at 300km of Pyeongchang to train behind close doors. It's common to all skaters to do that during the Olympics, I was just wondering if PapaCiz will go that early to. We will have to follow instagram closely ;)