Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 227 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
The point is that our fans of "versatility" are so afraid that judges will get bored :laugh:

But that's the thing, IJS can be a bore if you don't do different because they are so many elements and they take so much time, there is no freedom to do what you want creatively speaking. It has never been a fraction of a bore with G&G for me because I see more than elements, but I can also appreciate execution (when your brain switch into technical mode :laugh:). The step sequences look like a part of a dance routine, the lifts are choreographed to the music, the twizzles hit every single music note - frankly I'm raving about their twizzles this year even more than usual : the entry, the transitions between the sets, and one of the most gorgeous exit I've ever seen.
I'm saying that it takes a team of special skaters to make it disappear and yet they are staying true to themselves and that's the key.

BlueCat28

Match Penalty
But that's the thing, IJS can be a bore if you don't do different because they are so many elements and they take so much time, there is no freedom to do what you want creatively speaking. It has never been a fraction of a bore with G&G for me because I see more than elements, but I can also appreciate execution (when your brain switch into technical mode :laugh:). The step sequences look like a part of a dance routine, the lifts are choreographed to the music, the twizzles hit every single music note - frankly I'm raving about their twizzles this year even more than usual : the entry, the transitions between the sets, and one of the most gorgeous exit I've ever seen.
I'm saying that it takes a team of special skaters to make it disappear and yet they are staying true to themselves and that's the key.

I am with you. But for some people slow music every year = the same. Judges are not so ignorant.
Being versatile doesnt mean changing the music .

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Gabby doesn't seem to be distracted at all. Amazing mental focus.

Appart from the twizzles, they did great especially the first part. So prepared, so polished and most imporantly for the SD : so technically amazing. :handw:
I don't know to this day how she managed to do it. Unbelievable.

BlueCat28

Match Penalty
Appart from the twizzles, they did great especially the first part. So prepared, so polished and most imporantly for the SD : so technically amazing. :handw:
I don't know to this day how she managed to do it. Unbelievable.

Twizzles were not that bad, I dont know why one would love to -goe for them.
The most sad thing is they got level 3 for PSt. That cost them gold. Too bad that she didnt execute that twizzle well. For 90 % of the season they got l4 for it with ease. The NtMiSt always caused them problems, so if they performed it perfectly at Olys I was sure they wouldn have problem with the second one. That dress caused it? She couldnt keep balance during twizzles? What a huge shame, coz that stupid twizzle cost them gold

floatingworld

On the Ice
Curious what their mental state will be. I'm sure they want to do their best but sometimes after an intense season that culminated in the Olympics, then punctuated by a break, your mind and body can choose not to listen to you.

There might be a tad of weariness going on, I think, as I sense a tinge of that in Guillaume's Instagram post two days ago. This is when three things matter: sleep, muscle memory, and social support. There's nothing like sleep as a refresher for the brain and body. I hope they had some of that since they went back to Montreal. I am quite sure they have all that muscle memory ingrained after so many hours and months of practice. Even if the mind gets weary, they can rely on that muscle memory to kick in when it matters. As for social support, I am sure their team is giving them that, but I wish we had a way to directly communicate and send them that added support! Maybe alain06fr can relay that for us! :)

Escarbille

On the Ice
Country
France
We feel at Nathalie a slight regret not to put a little more forward a sporty, athletic at Gabriella and Guillaume.
I understand her but do not join her. It reminds me of G & G's response in an interview where they were asked if they wanted to change their style; their style is precisely this ability to sublimate, smooth, fluidize highly technical elements on various types of dance. Their answer was obviously pedagogical; that was pretty much the answer, and I'm completely happy about it!

cocotaffy

Final Flight
There might be a tad of weariness going on, I think, as I sense a tinge of that in Guillaume's Instagram post two days ago. This is when three things matter: sleep, muscle memory, and social support. There's nothing like sleep as a refresher for the brain and body. I hope they had some of that since they went back to Montreal. I am quite sure they have all that muscle memory ingrained after so many hours and months of practice. Even if the mind gets weary, they can rely on that muscle memory to kick in when it matters. As for social support, I am sure their team is giving them that, but I wish we had a way to directly communicate and send them that added support! Maybe alain06fr can relay that for us! :)

For sure, they must be tired but they've been talking about Milan since before the Olympics always intending to go so they must be motivated to recapture their title which should give them the necessary last boost to give one last set of great performances. They'll be particularly eager to finally deliver their SD the way they intended at the Olympics. I really hope they can and be finally satisfied because they've worked so hard on it. Delivering an FD performance topping the one at Pyeongchang might be harder otoh especially scorewise. Here I'm hoping for a great atmosphere in Milan carrying them and Gaby's attachment to the place (she did mention she had many friends) to give it all once more. I just want them to finally have zero regrets, no what ifs and finish this quad on a high.
I also join you in your alain06fr call for assistance ;) Please alain06fr, tell them we all support them and will be cheering them on behind our screens and for some lucky ones in the arena. Also how they've delighted us all season and how they should be so proud of their amazing accomplishments.

floatingworld

On the Ice
An interesting interview of Marie-France Dubrueil last March 4 by The Skating Lesson. The interview starts at around 27:54. The section on G & G starts at about 36:20. She tells us about the dress issue in the SD and other matters for the future. Near the end of the video, she says 'They are both perfectionists, especially Guillaume.' Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/MZVarsXHW7U?t=27m54s

floatingworld

On the Ice
For sure, they must be tired but they've been talking about Milan since before the Olympics always intending to go so they must be motivated to recapture their title which should give them the necessary last boost to give one last set of great performances. They'll be particularly eager to finally deliver their SD the way they intended at the Olympics. I really hope they can and be finally satisfied because they've worked so hard on it. Delivering an FD performance topping the one at Pyeongchang might be harder otoh especially scorewise. Here I'm hoping for a great atmosphere in Milan carrying them and Gaby's attachment to the place (she did mention she had many friends) to give it all once more. I just want them to finally have zero regrets, no what ifs and finish this quad on a high.
I also join you in your alain06fr call for assistance ;) Please alain06fr, tell them we all support them and will be cheering them on behind our screens and for some lucky ones in the arena. Also how they've delighted us all season and how they should be so proud of their amazing accomplishments.

I agree totally!! Looks like Gaby is actually all pumped for Milan here :):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgemYLcHzzK/?hl=fr&taken-by=gabriellapapadakis

Looks like she posted this while at the Montreal airport about 8 hours ago, so they must be in Milan by now. And yes, I remember reading somewhere that Gaby has many friends in Milan. I do hope they get that thunderous reception they deserve!