Game of Thrones

andromache

Record Breaker
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Game of Thrones

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama, Action & Adventure, Mystery

First aired: 2011-04-17

Creator: David Benioff, D. B. Weiss

Cast: Emilia Clarke, Lena Headey, Sophie Turner, Kit Harington, Peter Dinklage, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Maisie Williams, Liam Cunningham, John Bradley, Conleth Hill, Gwendoline Christie, Isaac Hempstead-Wright, Jacob Anderson, Jerome Flynn, Rory McCann, Joe Dempsie

Overview: Seven noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Westeros. Friction between the houses leads to full-scale war. All while a very ancient evil awakens in the farthest north. Amidst the war, a neglected military order of misfits, the Night's Watch, is all that stands between the realms of men and icy horrors beyond.

Last edited by a moderator:

rikaquegira

On the Ice
1. Not gonna lie, I wanted Danny to end in the iron throne. Sure, Jon is the "true heir" but he didn't want it so... Danny could compromise and let him be King in the North, as the people of the North proclaimed him.

2. Danny going mad like that was so... lame. I'm tired of characters ending up like their parents. Sure she's always been a little bit of a power crazy but just a bit. She could've just burned the Red Keep instead of burning the entire city and killing innocent people. It kind of didn't make any sense. The Long Night, which needed dragon fire the most, didn't have much. Now here in this episode is like the dragon has infinite fuel. lol I think the writers made some really dumb decisions. Cersei's death with Jamie for instance was so anti-climatic. The fact that Jamie went back to her.. ugh! He was doing great strides towards being a decent man only to leave Brienne crying in the North and going back to Cersei. I think the writers made two of the strongest women in the series look weak/crazy, which, wow, so much for creativity! Danny acts irrational, Cersei with no plan B and just crying and hoping for her man to save her, like, what the... ?! The only good bit of that episode was The Hound vs The Mountain final showdown. The Hound was such a great character and I feel like his death actually made sense.
Oh, and let's not even talk about how Euron, who's not even a swordsman almost killed Jamie(Jamie should've died from those wounds) who is one of the greatest?? Euron is good with ships, not with swords, Jamie should've taken care of him. And the fact that Euron "ran into" Jamie like that... HA! Ok, then, sure!

3. I think Danny is definitely set to die. Jon has seen her "true self" and now he will want the Iron Throne because who else is up for the task? I think Jon will kill her. Arya will tell him everything she went through and Jon will be devastated. Sansa will probably be involved too, once again with her "you people never listen to me, that's what happens, see?!" attitude. lol
I hope Sansa gets a nice ending, being Lady of Winterfell. Arya can just walk around killing people. Btw, I think Arya might be the one to kill Grey Worm. He probably will be always beside Danny to defend her so Jon might need Arya's changing face powers to take out Danny.
And Brienne will be so sad hearing Jamie died. But I hope she can get over that garbage man quickly. lol
I think Tyrion acted unlike his character many times but hopefully he'll still be Hand, but this time Jon's Hand. I think that would be a nice ending for him.
I don't see anyone else besides Danny and Grey Worm dying in the finale tbh. But who knows!

andromache

Record Breaker
I am 100% okay with Dany going mad. But it wasn't set up well at all, or in a realistic way that made sense for the character she was up until that point. There needed to be more character development.

Jon makes sense on the Iron Throne, but I don't think he wants it AT ALL. So I'm hoping the throne is destroyed and they decide to rule with a council instead (but damn, RIP Varys who just wanted what was best for the people). Or maybe the "kingdoms" all splinter off into separate kingdoms under separate rulers.

Agree that Dany has to die. But I hope Jon isn't the one who has to kill her - I hope Arya does it instead.

I 1000000% agree with the above on Cersei though - where was her plan??? Of course she wasn't going to make it out of this show alive, but it was unrealistic that she didn't put up more of a fight. I'm also very angry about Jaime. He's one of the most complex characters and they just ruined him. I was okay with Jaime/Brienne but then Jaime just leaving her to go die with Cersei was awful.

I didn't even think about Grey Worm. I feel so bad for him. I'm still so upset over Missandei.

Sansa is my favorite character and I hope she winds up Queen in the North. And that Arya winds up happy, too.

Is Bran ever going to do anything? He has been very disappointing - like the writers just dropped whatever his arc was going to be.

andromache

Record Breaker
87012-u3bZgnGQ9T01sWNhyveQz0wH0Hl.jpg

Title: Game of Thrones

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama, Action & Adventure, Mystery

Creator: David Benioff, D. B. Weiss

Cast: Emilia Clarke, Lena Headey, Sophie Turner, Kit Harington, Peter Dinklage, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Maisie Williams, Liam Cunningham, John Bradley, Conleth Hill, Gwendoline Christie, Isaac Hempstead-Wright, Jacob Anderson, Jerome Flynn, Rory McCann, Joe Dempsie

First aired: 2011-04-17

Overview: Seven noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Westeros. Friction between the houses leads to full-scale war. All while a very ancient evil awakens in the farthest north. Amidst the war, a neglected military order of misfits, the Night's Watch, is all that stands between the realms of men and icy horrors beyond.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
1. My guess is Sansa. Jon doesn't want it, neither Arya. But at this point who would care to sit on the throne, with Kings Landing all smashed up and destroyed???
2. I wasn't surprised at all. She repeatedly dropped signs of her savage side times and again throughout the series. And after all, she is the daughter of the Mad King. To me it all makes sense. (yeah, at least something does in S8!)
3. Daenerys for sure. I really hope Jon will do something heroic, he has been like a "cameo" all through the season.
Anyway, my enthusiasm took a nose dive after my Braime ship tragically sunk. I am beyond pissed that they decided to ruin all the character arc they gave Jamie through 7 seasons+ in just one episode. :palmf::sad21: and of course Ghost.... Rhaegal... I am also disappointed in Tyrion, too this season, he seems somehow much less clever, or dumb, even... :no:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It will be interesting to see how the last two books end. It took Martin 8 years to right the last one.

1. Who do you want to end up on the Iron Throne? Who do you think will end up on the Iron Throne?
I have a weak spot for Danny. As the writers say, she didn't "plan" to destroy Kings Landing. I think it was a combination of things that happened while atop the dragon when she got a glimpse of the Red Keep. 1) The Red Keep was built by Targaryens hundreds of years prior. It was taken from her people and she knew Cersei was there, keeping her seat warm. 2) After the great battle (with the white walkers) she knew she would never truly be seen as the queen by the northerners or the people of Kings Landing (she noted this during the celebration when Jon was getting pats on the back by the men and the love they had for him). So by leaving the innocent people of KL alive, there would never be any loyal followers 3) she said, "Let it be fear then" (how she would rule) when Jon gave her his choice. Keep in mind that Danny was just as betrayed and abused as Sansa and she always kept one goal in mind: her rightful place on the throne.

But I fear her end is near despite everything she went through starting with her troll of a brother.
2. Was Daenerys going mad an interesting/well-done plot twist or a bad one? Did you expect it?
I'm indifferent. I'm wondering if this is the "real" plot in the books to come and if it's just a quick ending for the TV series.
3. Who will die in the finale? Who should die? Who do you desperately hope makes it through and gets a sort-of happy ending?
I'm rooting for Danny to have some peace and happiness, throne or not. She's been betrayed and used enough. If she doesn't die or get the throne, she would probably be happier back far from Westeros with her last dragon and what's left of the Unsullied and Dothraki.
Sansa needs some luv too - she's as cold as a walker now. Tyrion would do a good job of this ;)
Poor Jon, but he made his choice. He would probably be happier catching up with Tormund and his wolf and live out his days with the Free Folk.
Arya and Brienne could do a startup sword school :biggrin:

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
I'm rooting for Danny to have some peace and happiness, throne or not. She's been betrayed and used enough. If she doesn't die or get the throne, she would probably be happier back far from Westeros with her last dragon and what's left of the Unsullied and Dothraki.
Sansa needs some luv too - she's as cold as a walker now. Tyrion would do a good job of this ;)
Poor Jon, but he made his choice. He would probably be happier catching up with Tormund and his wolf and live out his days with the Free Folk.

PERFECT. :love: :luv17: :thumbsup:

Meanwhile, my green-eyed family members are going to have to put up with a lot of jokes for a few days about checking under their beds for Arya. :laugh:

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
I've never watched any of it (probably never will) but I just keep wondering what it is that these writers did to the Daenerys character that got her fans so mad... :confused:

WARNING, GоT SPOILERS BELOW, and OFFTOPIC, of course

She burnt an entire city of 2 million, with civilians, women and children, after that city had already surrendered, when there was no need to continue with the attack. I don‘t get the complaints, because there were tons of hints about her character along the way, although she did try hard to be a good queen. All these years, she was the rightful heir in exile, suffered a lot, but managed to get a formidable army and followers, gave birth to dragons, freed slaves, helped save mankind from a dreadful menace and finally went to claim the throne. She was trying to avoid the bloodshed while taking the capital in the previous season and her army endured losses because of that. She is the only one witj dragons, so she could have burnt the capital and taken the throne long time ago, but she wanted to be a loved queen, not queen of the ashes. She kept talking about „breaking the wheel“ and stopping the tyranny.

But she got heartbroken at the end - learnt she wasn‘t tbe rightful heir, got betrayed by close ones and got tired of waiting for people to recognize and love her. So she decided to rule by fear, not love. Which wasn‘t that unexpected as her father has been the Mad King, her brother was crazy, she herself was obsessed with the throne and clearly enjoyed saying „Drakaris“ to her dragon, which is the command for burning someone. Until now, however, there was always a good reason and she was the underdog, who overcame being sold, abused, underestimated and neglected to come to power. I guess her fans were truly convinced she would make a difference and be a good queen, but the signs of her madness were there all the time; I don’t know why they are so upset. The episode was extraordinary and brilliant, with great cinematography and story telling. As someone said, the most upset people are provavly those who have named their daughters Khalisi (one of her titles).

Basically, it was almost an entire episode of her riding her dragon, winning the battle and then meticulously burning and destroying the city street after street and house after house, while people try to escape, screaming and dying. Quite horrible. She was the champion of the people, the breaker of chains, but with a single act, she made the other villians and tyrants look like nice guys.

skatesofgold

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I've never watched any of it (probably never will) but I just keep wondering what it is that these writers did to the Daenerys character that got her fans so mad... :confused:

They made Daenerys turn toward madness way too quickly. In the first seven seasons, I did not see it coming. I thought she was supposed to be the exception to her family and their history of madness. The latest episode also made it seem like the writers are sexist toward female rulers and racist towards people of color.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Not only to her But every other character. Basically the show writers wrote s**** . Basically yes while you could see that dany always had the potential to go mad it was not written well st all, like a 180 in 2 episodes from saying no I do not want to kill innocent people to yep I will just burn them with my Dragon.. And if all the main actors and actress hate how this show ends and what the writers did to this last season than you know something did go very wrong. If an actor tells the world that the ending is disappointing than that says everything . Its basically that they destroyed most of the characters growth and development in 6 episodes.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
WARNING, GоT SPOILERS BELOW, and OFFTOPIC, of course

She burnt an entire city of 2 million, with civilians, women and children, after that city had already surrendered, when there was no need to continue with the attack. I don‘t get the complaints, because there were tons of hints about her character along the way, although she did try hard to be a good queen. All these years, she was the rightful heir in exile, suffered a lot, but managed to get a formidable army and followers, gave birth to dragons, freed slaves, helped save mankind from a dreadful menace and finally went to claim the throne. She was trying to avoid the bloodshed while taking the capital in the previous season and her army endured losses because of that. She is the only one witj dragons, so she could have burnt the capital and taken the throne long time ago, but she wanted to be a loved queen, not queen of the ashes. She kept talking about „breaking the wheel“ and stopping the tyranny.

But she got heartbroken at the end - learnt she wasn‘t tbe rightful heir, got betrayed by close ones and got tired of waiting for people to recognize and love her. So she decided to rule by fear, not love. Which wasn‘t that unexpected as her father has been the Mad King, her brother was crazy, she herself was obsessed with the throne and clearly enjoyed saying „Drakaris“ to her dragon, which is the command for burning someone. Until now, however, there was always a good reason and she was the underdog, who overcame being sold, abused, underestimated and neglected to come to power. I guess her fans were truly convinced she would make a difference and be a good queen, but the signs of her madness were there all the time; I don’t know why they are so upset. The episode was extraordinary and brilliant, with great cinematography and story telling. As someone said, the most upset people are provavly those who have named their daughters Khalisi (one of her titles).

Basically, it was almost an entire episode of her riding her dragon, winning the battle and then meticulously burning and destroying the city street after street and house after house, while people try to escape, screaming and dying. Quite horrible. She was the champion of the people, the breaker of chains, but with a single act, she made the other villians and tyrants look like nice guys.
It is not the fact that dany became mad that has us all angry it is the way it was written this entire last season is just a no go, since I can use swear words I really can't describe it as I want it. It is not only her character but also everything else. I and many else never expected s happy end cause it is game of thrones but I damm well expected better writing and not this something that we have gotten. Character development? Nope more or less they destroy the character in 6 episodes or even only 3 episodes . None of the main actors like this season and the ending like at all

Manitou

Medalist
I propose a betting game: who will kill Dany?
The most logical is Arya, as she appears to be that Prince To Be Promised on a white apocalyptic horse.
My prediction: Dany will fly after Sansa and Bran will teleport to Drogon’s mind to take control of him.

I was hoping for and predicting Dany’s evil turn for the last two seasons. I couldn’t stand her pompous character. In addition played by a terrible actress.
Anyway, glad the show is almost over.

Since you all have HBO you must watch another series, much better and literally electrifying: Chernobyl. It’s a miniseries of five episodes with only two episodes aired so far. I strongly recommend it. A deserved 9.8 out of 10 on Rotten Tomatoes.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I have just started on the audio books, and started watching the show.

I don't mind spoilers, so have no fear reading this thread.

From all the comments here and elsewhere I think the directors are rushing the show to an end, which is sort of a pity.

andromache

Record Breaker
I propose a betting game: who will kill Dany?
The most logical is Arya, as she appears to be that Prince To Be Promised on a white apocalyptic horse.
My prediction: Dany will fly after Sansa and Bran will teleport to Drogon’s mind to take control of him.

I was hoping for and predicting Dany’s evil turn for the last two seasons. I couldn’t stand her pompous character. In addition played by a terrible actress.
Anyway, glad the show is almost over.

Since you all have HBO you must watch another series, much better and literally electrifying: Chernobyl. It’s a miniseries of five episodes with only two episodes aired so far. I strongly recommend it. A deserved 9.8 out of 10 on Rotten Tomatoes.

Bran warging into Drogon would be FANTASTIC. Great use of his character, considering he hasn't really done much with his powers.

And for once we agree on something - I didn't mind Dany in the books (I especially rooted for her early on) but I don't think I ever liked her in the show - partially the fan hype around her, and partially because I just don't like Emilia Clarke. I'm not sure why....she was just never a good Dany to me. But I think that's a pretty unpopular opinion.

Manitou

Medalist

Someone has to sit on that dumb throne. And it appears nobody except Dany wants it. And Dany is gone, probably by Arya's needle's pointy end.
Plus, the throne lost its attraction anyway after the roof is now leaking. And who is going to worship whoever is sitting there, as the entire population has gone up with smoke?
My hope was a democratic constitution, but after Varys is gone there is no Jefferson over there to write it.
It's a problem now. I think it needs to be solved in another series.

melgirl25

Medalist
Very disappointed on how Cersei died. I have been waiting so long for her to go down and it was so anticlimactic [emoji23]

Manitou

Medalist
Very disappointed on how Cersei died. I have been waiting so long for her to go down and it was so anticlimactic [emoji23]

You were hoping for a painful spectacular torturous death?
She died almost happy. It was comforting and romantic. Like Juliet...

melgirl25

Medalist
You were hoping for a painful spectacular torturous death?
She died almost happy. It was comforting and romantic. Like Juliet...

Well she also is a mass murderer. For me it is not how - it was that no one saw it or directly did it. I was expecting Arya or Jaime to kill her - but they decided not follow the prophecy in the books.

melgirl25

Medalist
That would be a good twist if Dany brings Sansa to KL or goes to Winterfell. Sansa is too smart to go to KL though.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Seven kingdoms in Westeros, so maybe they will let it be “state run” :biggrin:

TV show information provided by The Movie Database