Goals set for Vasiljevs in ninth senior season | Golden Skate

Goals set for Vasiljevs in ninth senior season

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

New Free Skate set to "Blues Deluxe" by Joe Bonamassa; choreo by Stéphane Lambiel

"We chose it because of a personal approach and also because his movements to it on the ice felt good and natural," explained Lambiel.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Deniss is such a thoughtful young man. I hope that he does not overthink his programs, however, and just invests them with his joy and or passion.

I understand now he feels a connection to Hallelujah, but I am still not convinced of the rightness of the music for him. I glad to learn of the FS, however, that sounds original and intriguing.

And Deniss, sorry, there is no such thing as a caffeine addiction. :laugh: :coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

ChristineB

On the Ice
Deniss is such a thoughtful young man. I hope that he does not overthink his programs, however, and just invests them with his joy and or passion.

I understand now he feels a connection to Hallelujah, but I am still not convinced of the rightness of the music for him. I glad to learn of the FS, however, that sounds original and intriguing.

And Deniss, sorry, there is no such thing as a caffeine addiction. :laugh: :coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:
Have you seen his short program in those Fantasy on Ice clips, though? It is STUNNING. I was also skeptical about the music choice, but to me, it really works for him. I just hope he doesn't overthink things.

Ladybug89

On the Ice
Nice interview led/written by a great interviewer. Thank you !!!!:thank:

Thank you! 🫶

It always feels a bit like a full-circle-moment interviewing him, as he was back in 2018 the very first skater I ever interviewed and lit up the spark in myself to do more interviews.

I love seeing and experiencing him grow over the years in many ways.

His eyes light up especially when he talks about his new SP. He seems super passionate about it, so it can only be the right choice for him.

I also really like the LP for him. The music is definitely hard to interprete but his abilities and natural movements make it a perfect fit.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Thank you! 🫶

It always feels a bit like a full-circle-moment interviewing him, as he was back in 2018 the very first skater I ever interviewed and lit up the spark in myself to do more interviews.

I love seeing and experiencing him grow over the years in many ways.

His eyes light up especially when he talks about his new SP. He seems super passionate about it, so it can only be the right choice for him.

I also really like the LP for him. The music is definitely hard to interprete but his abilities and natural movements make it a perfect fit.
I am looking forward to seeing the new programs too. I think it's great that he chose to learn two programs as it will allow him to keep developing. He is one of the skaters right now able to skate to many different styles.