Grand Prix Assignments for 2023?!?! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Assignments for 2023?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
the awards are silly... and extremely subjective...

I understand the delay between the assignments and the competitions. That's a fair argument. However, you know, drafting in pro leagues is super popular and not even half of these drafted players will play in the NHL... and about 1 out of 5 will have a decent career (200 games and more)... so people get excited for people they may not ever see compete... or in some cases, will get to the big league after a couple seasons in the minor league...

Obviously, we cannot directly compare to tennis and pro sport... though the draw for the davis cup finals has been made this week and the event is in many weeks from now and I am super excited ;)

BUT the point is that there could be something done that is better than sharing a communication that ends up in absolutely NO NEWS site at all... You gotta go the a specialized forum or the ISU website to find out... or perhaps on the page of a fed like Skate Canada... etc...

ISU needs to try doing things better and they can... The worst that could happen cannot be worse than nothing happening right now.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
I seem to remember Pamela Anderson sponsering a skater (or was it a gymnist?) and I assume there is more than one celebrity or public figure (Condie Rice) into the sport so why not have a bit of an event with some of those becoming involved. It could be fun if made so / at least a little effort put into it. Yes and some former skaters could do a fun or funny exhibition.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
you know, the pro leagues make a huge fiesta with their drafting sessions... i'd love it for the ISU to make a big reveal out of the GP series. I am sure someone in their marketing team is able to think of that on their own... why do we have to always tell them what to do and how to do it :)

:rofl:
ISU is just as bad at marketing as the USFSA. lol

Ivana

On the Ice
They were out at 4 PM CET I was able to load the PDF's, but the ISU website subsequently fell down lol. All I remember was Kaori getting SCAM and Finlandia and Taschler's and Mrazek's going head to head at SCAM.

Ladybug89

On the Ice
We just opened a thread for discussion here:

Status
Not open for further replies.