GS attendees thread | Page 8 | Golden Skate

GS attendees thread

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Yes, that makes sense. I know they've delayed announcements in the past. I already know I'm going to Detroit and thus far have bought single tickets for Thursday's events. Might wait until I get there to get the rest of my tickets, since the Ticketmaster fees are pretty steep...I'm kind of hoping for Nashville. I'm thinking there's more skating activity there these days, and if we can kick the hockey Predators out for a few days, maybe we can bring in the figure skating.

Seemed like a great crowd at SA this year. The cheering and audience enthusiasm really came through in the broadcasts. Glad everybody had fun. I'm off to Sk Can tomorrow morning.

Yes, it WAS an enthusiastic crowd for sure! Many of the skaters commented to this effect. Bon Voyage!

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
While the crowds werent huge, there was enough to make a good economic impact on EV. The Best Western Cascadia made lots of profit which I took care of by eating all those unlimited bacon breakfasts! ;)

You did not get quite all of the bacon, Chris. Even though I was concentrating on the sausage, I managed to get some bacon too. I had a great time and enjoyed the crowd response to the good skaters. I hope to see Kaori and Satoko in Vancouver at the final.

nguyhm

On the Ice
Yes, that makes sense. I know they've delayed announcements in the past. I already know I'm going to Detroit and thus far have bought single tickets for Thursday's events. Might wait until I get there to get the rest of my tickets, since the Ticketmaster fees are pretty steep...I'm kind of hoping for Nashville. I'm thinking there's more skating activity there these days, and if we can kick the hockey Predators out for a few days, maybe we can bring in the figure skating.
I'm hoping for Dallas (where I live) - I was surprised to see how many skaters went to Nationals from Dallas clubs. There should be enough interest to draw a large crowd and it's in the middle of the country (also of nowhere lol), easily enough access from both coasts.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I'm hoping for Dallas (where I live) - I was surprised to see how many skaters went to Nationals from Dallas clubs. There should be enough interest to draw a large crowd and it's in the middle of the country (also of nowhere lol), easily enough access from both coasts.

OK! I will ask for Dallas too. Average high temp in Dallas in January is 59 degrees. Nevada or Arizona also works for me. Bob Dunlop is event guru at intergalactic USFS headquarters....Have Big D put in a bid.... :)