GS attendees thread | Page 6 | Golden Skate

GS attendees thread

SkateSand

Rinkside
Entrance for all event ticket holders for today's practices is only through the main entance on Hewitt.

temadd

Final Flight
Last minute, but I will be going! I live across the Sound in Kitsap County so I'll probably be taking the ferry to Edmonds and driving up, except for Friday since I work in Seattle and will come up from there. So I don't think I'll have the time to make any GS outings but I hope to say hi to some of you in the arena!

Section 106, row 8. I will probably be wearing a grey jacket or sweatshirt.

I wasn't sure I'd be going, but now that it's official I can't wait!

Hi Hyena we met at Nats. I am just 2 rows in front of you seat 6

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Just a note for goodie recipients. Solar, figurefan0726, and CherylDee. I will bring in media guides and programs on Saturday unless prior arrangements are made. I will check this thread before leaving for arena tomarrow, Friday, at 11:30 AM.

figurefan0726

Final Flight
Just a note for goodie recipients. Solar, figurefan0726, and CherylDee. I will bring in media guides and programs on Saturday unless prior arrangements are made. I will check this thread before leaving for arena tomarrow, Friday, at 11:30 AM.

Can I get it Friday? During the Men and Pair’s Short?

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Have loads of fun!!! Wave to the camera, I will drag up my bones at 4.30 AM to start GP season with you and Pairs SP:laugh:. I want to think I am a virtual/spiritual attendee :) :) :)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Have loads of fun!!! Wave to the camera, I will drag up my bones at 4.30 AM to start GP season with you and Pairs SP:laugh:. I want to think I am a virtual/spiritual attendee :) :) :)
We shall have a toast to you. Absent friends and all that. Look for Teddy Roosevelt in first row in yellow motorcycle coat opposite end of arena as K and C. I will leave my Rough Rider hat back in room and wear ball cap with image of my dog on it.

ayyteee

Spectator
This will be my first figure skating competition attended! Was pretty excited that Skate America was local the first year I start following figure skating more seriously.

Are there any specific do’s and don’t’s I should know about attending a competition?

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
This will be my first figure skating competition attended! Was pretty excited that Skate America was local the first year I start following figure skating more seriously.

Are there any specific do’s and don’t’s I should know about attending a competition?

During my first live one in Milan this year I got scolded for clapping too loudly at SD :laugh:. I think you should mostly enjoy the experience and absorb the feel of proximity to skaters, music and movement, it could be weird at the beginning (well, I cried when I sat at my seat for Ladies SP seeing Satoko at practice), but for me it enriched my figure skating perception:) :)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
We shall have a toast to you. Absent friends and all that. Look for Teddy Roosevelt in first row in yellow motorcycle coat opposite end of arena as K and C. I will leave my Rough Rider hat back in room and wear ball cap with image of my dog on it.

Thank You so much:), I will pay attention to the boards!

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States

thanks Chris! Look forward to seeing you tomorrow

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Coyote Chris - You're such a great detective, be sure to let us know if you should happen to learn where 2020 Nats are. I know I'm rushing it, but I'm really curious to know. :thank:

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Chris just told me that it won't be released for a month or two. Sorry.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I can’t believe it starts in less than 2 hours! Also- this weather is bizarre.