Hawayek and Baker look to 2022 | Golden Skate

Hawayek and Baker look to 2022

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2017 U.S. Classic silver medalists see this success as a trajectory forward and feels the results of this event speak for the way they’ve been training and that they are at the same level as the top teams that are going to the Olympics.

“In our case, we are in a country where the teams ahead of us are just incredibly strong,” said Hawayek. “It pushes us every day to train harder and to be better. It didn’t give us the opportunity to qualify for the Olympics in Pyeongchang. We are first alternates and we’ll be training hard just in case. Hopefully, our success will continue in the next four years and we’ll get the chance to get to Beijing (2022 Olympic Winter Games).”

“Yes, it’s our first medal at an ISU senior Championship event,” said Baker regarding their first ISU senior-level championships. “It was really awesome, it was a new experience for us. We’ve medaled at junior events and sporadically at senior events in Grand Prixs or senior Bs. It was a really cool experience and we hope to do it more often in the future.”

More

Last edited by a moderator:

noskates

Record Breaker
I was very happy for Kaitlin and Jean Luc. Personally I prefer their Free Dance to Chock and Bates. They looked great at 4CCs and we have much to look forward to. If you haven't seen their exhibition program from Nationals - look for it. I tried to find it on YouTube to post here but for some reason couldn't bring it over. Jean Luc is hilarious and quite the showman.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I was very happy for Kaitlin and Jean Luc. Personally I prefer their Free Dance to Chock and Bates. They looked great at 4CCs and we have much to look forward to. If you haven't seen their exhibition program from Nationals - look for it. I tried to find it on YouTube to post here but for some reason couldn't bring it over. Jean Luc is hilarious and quite the showman.

Agree totally. I saw it live at Skate Canada and it is hilarious. I am so glad they won 4CCs. Onward to the future!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
4CC must have a Gala, and Austin Powers must return. He is, after all, an international man of mystery:laugh:

Congrats Jean-Luc and Kaitlin!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

I love their programs more than C/B!!! They rocked it at nationals!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Off topic, but I always think Jean-Luc resembles Luke Skywalker portrayed by Mark Hamill. :)

The way he moves on the ice is just magical and captivating. I love his deep and smooth edges and great dancing abilities as well as his strong lead. I'm glad for their first major title in seniors. Because of the FD, I might always relate the music Liebestraum to them. Their latin SD this season is also strong and fun. Kaitlin is also lovely to watch, but she often gets very tense, so I hope she performs in a more relaxed way.