Highest scores ever recorded-Ladies (part II) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Highest scores ever recorded-Ladies (part II)

yyyskate

Record Breaker
if somebody committed a crime. the victims family can move on and even forgive for God's sake. but a crime will always be a crime. that's the fact. And I have no attention in getting into the crime's details again at all. and others is only state the fact as well.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Bring back the spiral sequence and can the step sequence please be changed from counting turns and instead just be scored like a choreographed sequence. Who cares how many times you turned in a certain direction and how many steps you performed. More isn't always better but instead maybe HOW you turned.

End rant and :slink:
Why should all (female) skaters be required to do a spiral? Granted, Adelina and Yulia both have good spirals so next season might not turn out ugly, but I definitely don't want to see a Miki Ando type skater forced to do a spiral again (I like Miki, but that spiral...)

I say bring back the two step sequences for the SP. Simplify the levels for one sequence: two levels, with some basic turns required for the higher level, so that it doesn't take a fortnight to complete. For the other StSq, agreed, make it like the choreographed sequence--and skaters can include spirals here if they feel inclined to.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Why should all (female) skaters be required to do a spiral? Granted, Adelina and Yulia both have good spirals so next season might not turn out ugly, but I definitely don't want to see a Miki Ando type skater forced to do a spiral again (I like Miki, but that spiral...)
Agree, I think spiral should be just like Ina Bauer and Biellmann, if you can and want to do it, then welcome, but if you don't want to because you are not so confident in your sprial, then why force yourself to include it?

nguyenghita

On the Ice
You already re-started it, so obviously you wanted it. Unless you want to say that all international judges with no Russian in panel in Ladies SP where the future OC won TES got bribed, then I see no point in bringing the location. Move on. Seriously.
You are too ridiculous, from the Yuna's interview theard to here. If you want "move on" thing then you should better move yourself first, seriously.

willdu

On the Ice
Speaking of elements, it'd be nice to see a spin turned into a choreo spin so that people don't have to count 300 positions, stretch themselves into a terrible beilman, or change from edge to edge and slow their spins down. It'd be nice to see a classic layback without the catch foot variations etc (maybe a good layback will bring Dick Button out of retirement and into commentary again :laugh:), or a classic straight back sit spin, or a forward scratch spin or a nice spin that just goes with the music (ala Mirai's golden pond spin). Score it like the choreo step sequence. No levels only GOE.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Speaking of elements, it'd be nice to see a spin turned into a chore spin so that people don't have to count 300 positions, stretch themselves into a terrible beilman, or change from edge to edge and slow their spins down. It'd be nice to see a classic layback without the catch foot variations etc (maybe a good layback will bring Dick Button out of retirement and into commentary again :laugh:), or a classic straight back sit spin, or a forward scratch spin or a nice spin that just goes with the music (ala Mirai's golden pond spin). Score it like the choreo step sequence. No levels only GOE.
I suggested something like this in Liza's Fan Fest (though I can do without the Dick Button part :laugh:). I'd like to see some of the spins becoming like the ChSt, just rewarded based on GOE.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
What about highest TES and PCS?
First part of it, FS PCS (international competitions only):
1) Yu-Na Kim 74.50 2014 Olympics
2) Adelina Sotnikova 74.41 2014 Olympics
3) Carolina Kostner 73.78 2014 World Figure Skating Championships
4) Carolina Kostner 73.77 2014 Olympics
5) Yu-Na Kim 73.71 2013 World Figure Skating Championships
6) Mao Asada 72.76 2014 World Figure Skating Championships
7) Yu-Na Kim 71.76 2010 Olympics
8) Yu-Na Kim 71.52 2013 Golden Spin of Zagreb
9) Carolina Kostner 71.02 2014 European Figure Skating Championships
10) Carolina Kostner 70.69 2013 World Figure Skating Championships
All of these scores but one (Yu-Na's 2010 Vancouver FS) have been obtained in either 2013 or 2014!! :eek: 4 of these belong to Yu-Na, 4 to Carolina, 1 to Mao and 1 to Adelina.
As soon as I have time, the other rankings are to come, too ;)

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker

Reads the same to me as saying 'why do all skaters have to do spins?' or even better 'why do they all have to do step sequences?'. Some skaters have trouble with those elements too, Mikis spirals were no worse then her spins.

Most of all: I want more spirals. If they bring back the SpSq or any other way, I don't care. But spirals: :love:

chloec

Rinkside
if somebody committed a crime. the victims family can move on and even forgive for God's sake. but a crime will always be a crime. that's the fact. And I have no attention in getting into the crime's details again at all. and others is only state the fact as well.

well said. :clap:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Reads the same to me as saying 'why do all skaters have to do spins?' or even better 'why do they all have to do step sequences?'. Some skaters have trouble with those elements too, Mikis spirals were no worse then her spins.
Most of all: I want more spirals. If they bring back the SpSq or any other way, I don't care. But spirals: :love:
:think: they can still use the spiral in the sequence, so it's not complete disappear.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker

Well they might, If it's recognised as a crime,

And maybe erased from the record books.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Here it is the SP PCS ranking:

1) Carolina Kostner 37.46 2014 World Figure Skating Championships
2) Carolina Kostner 36.63 2014 Olympics
3) Yu-Na Kim 35.89 2014 Olympics
4) Mao Asada 35.85 2014 World Figure Skating Championships
5) Adelina Sotnikova 35.55 2014 Olympics
6) Yu-Na Kim 35.00 2013 Golden Spin of Zagreb
7) Carolina Kostner 34.92 2014 Olympics-Team Event
8) Mao Asada 34.91 2013-2014 GPF
9) Mao Asada 34.37 2013 NHK Trophy
10) Mao Asada 34.33 2013 Skate America

Guess what? They're all from the 2013-2014 season! :laugh:
4 for Mao, 3 for Caro, 2 for Yu-na, 1 for Adelina

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
i cant believe how low Yuna's PCS was for her 2010 Olympics SP.

Her SP record would have held if she was given a deserving PCS :(