Hongo set for GP Final | Golden Skate

Hongo set for GP Final

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I'm super excited for her :dance: Her artistry + projection definitely need work, but she's under the guidance of Akiko, so I can only look forward to her improvement.

LRK

Record Breaker
I'm super excited for her :dance: Her artistry + projection definitely need work, but she's under the guidance of Akiko, so I can only look forward to her improvement.

I do agree with that, because I don't really even remember her SP - but... I really did enjoy her Carmen at Rostelecom. She skated it with real conviction - hopefully she will keep on improving. :)

christinaskater

Medalist
I do agree with that, because I don't really even remember her SP - but... I really did enjoy her Carmen at Rostelecom. She skated it with real conviction - hopefully she will keep on improving. :)

Her posture does need work

I love her so much. Where has she been all this time? She is like the combination of Shizuka Arakawa, Akiko Suzuki and Yu-Na Kim. The flair, the arms, the musicality, the drama and the conviction are all there. I am really impressed.

The height is there, the exquisite beauty is there! We have a superstar here in my opinion.

skateluver

Rinkside
Her posture does need work

I love her so much. Where has she been all this time? She is like the combination of Shizuka Arakawa, Akiko Suzuki and Yu-Na Kim. The flair, the arms, the musicality, the drama and the conviction are all there. I am really impressed.

The height is there, the exquisite beauty is there! We have a superstar here in my opinion.

I second this!! I like her very much!! The disturbing thing is her posture and I am afraid it will affect her negatively in a long run if she doesn't fix it. People are still talking about Bobrova's posture, which is bad after years of competing..

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bad posture can be fixed. remember Gracie's posture back in 2011-12?

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Bad posture can be fixed. remember Gracie's posture back in 2011-12?

Yuzuru's posture has improved since last season as well & this is after reports of dealing with back troubles.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Yuzuru's posture has improved since last season as well & this is after reports of dealing with back troubles.
I would say Rika's posture is also improved this season - I believe it's one of the things Akiko Suzuki has specificially been giving Rika advice on.

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
I'm looking forward to seeing her grow into a mature skater under Akiko's guidance.

Rika's generation is lucky to have retired skaters like Akiko to look up to.

desertskates

Medalist
I've really enjoyed getting to know Rika's skating this year :) She must be excited beyond words for this opportunity and I hope she has a wonderful experience!