Hope Elizaveta competes in the Olympic Team event | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Hope Elizaveta competes in the Olympic Team event

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Arbitrary often posts these cryptic things. Usually it involves RusFed trying to screw over Sasha Trusova.

Paulipau

Final Flight
Country
Poland
This cannot be true.

We just went through this with the Vincent Zhou situation. He competed in the Team Event, so Malinin cannot be substituted.

If Liza is on her way to compete, then that means that she is replacing one of the others, but not Valieva.
Malinin said that it was too late for him to get there, not that they couldn't substitute

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
This cannot be true.

We just went through this with the Vincent Zhou situation. He competed in the Team Event, so Malinin cannot be substituted.

If Liza is on her way to compete, then that means that she is replacing one of the others, but not Valieva.
I wonder if the team result is invalidated whether that would impact another athlete (or team) being able to substitute for the individual event. In other words, could it be treated as if Russia never competed in that competition and therefore any athlete could be substituted?

treblemakerem

On the Ice
I wonder if the team result is invalidated whether that would impact another athlete (or team) being able to substitute for the individual event. In other words, could it be treated as if Russia never competed in that competition and therefore any athlete could be substituted?
I doubt they are going to be rewarded for cheating by letting them add another athlete. I think it’s treated as DQ not as if she never skated. So unfair to Liza if Russia knew there was any investigation happening they should have entered a different girl in the team event.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I doubt they are going to be rewarded for cheating by letting them add another athlete. I think it’s treated as DQ not as if she never skated. So unfair to Liza if Russia knew there was any investigation happening they should have entered a different girl in the team event.
There is the possibility that the Fed did not enter Sasha or Anna, because then they could not replace Sasha or Anna with a substitute either. I thought it was weird that they didn't. I hope that this isn't the case, for obvious reasons and I don't want to speculate ... but this is the only, very sad explanation that actually makes sense. And it would also explain other, really interesting political stuff that was going on lately.
What I want to say is, that we really could see Elizaveta! I was hoping that this could happen ... but now the circumstances would make me really sad.