How to raise attendance at ISU events | Page 10 | Golden Skate

How to raise attendance at ISU events

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
A lot of those are great ideas. You still need to start off with a great product. People need to be engaged and interested in the competitors. So they need to know them and appreciate them. Some kind of feelings towards the skaters help whether it be an underdog story or even a strong personality that people can rally for or against helps. Maybe a scoring system that didn't need a degree and that was stable where value of jumps change and World records are meaningles due to new rules and even values. People have to relate to the competitors or have some kind of vested interest/feelings.

Great rivalries help but in the prime event ladies the skaters come and go unlike in the past where Sasha,Michelle,Irina and Maria for example were around for a decade.

Rissa

Record Breaker
A lot of those are great ideas. You still need to start off with a great product. People need to be engaged and interested in the competitors. So they need to know them and appreciate them. Some kind of feelings towards the skaters help whether it be an underdog story or even a strong personality that people can rally for or against helps. Maybe a scoring system that didn't need a degree and that was stable where value of jumps change and World records are meaningles due to new rules and even values. People have to relate to the competitors or have some kind of vested interest/feelings.

Great rivalries help but in the prime event ladies the skaters come and go unlike in the past where Sasha,Michelle,Irina and Maria for example were around for a decade.

I don't know. Back when Sasha/Michelle/Irina skated Ladies was the one event I skipped watching because it bored me. I much prefer it now. I think the quality of the content, which is much higher now, is more important.