Ice Diaries on TLC | Golden Skate

Ice Diaries on TLC

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Anybody know anything about this show? I've seen the commercials. They're just snippets really. They show a skater that looks like Sasha in what looks like her first Swan Lake costume on the ice. All the commercials say is "Coming in January".

Anybody know anything else?

My apologies if this has been posted before. I haven't been on as much lately with being sick.

IDLERACER

Medalist
Well, I guess that explains what that camera crew was doing at the Healthsouth center the other day.

CDMM1991

Medalist
This looks like a great dose of skating! We'll have to remember to VCR Alert this one!

Julie O

Rinkside
The TLC camera crew was also at the Detroit Skating Club's hurricane relief skating show in November, when Alissa performed.
And speaking of interesting skating shows in this Olympic season, is anyone else irked that the Skating with Celebrities series is apparently scheduled to be shown in "competition" with the Olympics? I have two VCR's with three decks total that I can record with, but the Olympics will win if it comes down to either/or.

Julie

Gardenkitty

Rinkside
According to my tivo the first episode airs January 6th at 10 PM on TLC and features Danielle Kahle at SW Regionals. The following week's episode features Bebe Liang at Skate America.

Gardenkitty said:
According to my tivo the first episode airs January 6th at 10 PM on TLC and features Danielle Kahle at SW Regionals. The following week's episode features Bebe Liang at Skate America.
Does that mean we are just getting reruns of previous competitions?

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Joesitz said:
Does that mean we are just getting reruns of previous competitions?

I'd guess we'd see some behind the scenes footage and commentary from the skaters too. I hope the schedule works out that we can see the Olys and this. I'd love to see club comps and shows and regionals/sectionals footage.

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Mathman said:
PS. Hope you're feeling better.

Thanks. It's another sinus infection - the second one in a month or the first one never went away. Got some Zithromax at the dr today and am hoping to knock this out before Nats. I just have to cut out the milk products and carbs (they thicken mucus). Not easy when they're comfort foods.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
childfreegirl said:
My apologies if this has been posted before. I haven't been on as much lately with being sick.

Childfree, thanks for the potentially great TV alert. I didn't know you have not been feeling well. I hope it's nothing serious, and that you feel better soon.

((Childfreegirl))

DG

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Doggygirl said:
Childfree, thanks for the potentially great TV alert. I didn't know you have not been feeling well. I hope it's nothing serious, and that you feel better soon.

((Childfreegirl))

DG

Just sinus infections. As long as I jump on it ASAP, I'm usually okay.

emma

Record Breaker
Julie O said:
... is anyone else irked that the Skating with Celebrities series is apparently scheduled to be shown in "competition" with the Olympics? I have two VCR's with three decks total that I can record with, but the Olympics will win if it comes down to either/or.

Julie

I can't believe they would do that...seems like they are asking for no one to watch. Count me in as irked, I actually wanted to watch but Olympics comes first (and second, third, fourth...)

Johar

Medalist
Just a reminder to watch tonight. I didn't know about this show until I saw it advertised earlier this week.

CDMM1991

Medalist
WHAT A GREAT SHOW!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I don't know how much all of you enjoyed it, but as a young skater, I found it extremely inspiring and can't wait for the rest of the episdoes. I found it a perfect balance of not dumbing it down, but still being understandable to someone who doesn't know skating quite as well, like my mom for instance :p.

I LOVED the footage they showed. It was footage like we've never seen before, not just the same old footage. I find seeing the girls practice one of the most interesting parts of skating.

My mom, whose a doctor, spent the whole time worrying about Sandra Rucker's back. She really doesn't think that they are handling it well, and she thinks that Sandy is going to end up with severe back problems for the rest of her life. To be honest, I wasn't really paying attention, I was enjoying the rest of the show too much!

I think it really gave a perfect impression of that these girls aren't perfect, but they're hard workers, and always trying to push through.

What did you guys think?

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Overall, I really enjoyed it. I can't stand Sandy's constant whining. We get it, you're in pain, but if it is that bad then get off the ice. I loved seeing Danielle, how she's changed since I last saw her! I must have missed her performances last year at Nats, or did she get chacked from the broadcast? I always like watching Alissa and I really hope she makes it to Torino. BeBe is just adorable, and so is her mom!

cutiepatutie

Rinkside
Just watched the show and I really enjoyed it. I was so shocked to see Danielle. What a pretty girl she has become. I didn't even know who she was till they said her last name. She is so grown up now. She was just a skinny little kid the last time I saw her skate, but WOW look at her now!!! I am so happy that she is doing so well maybe she will be in the running for the Olympics. Good Luck to all the skaters..Hope they all have a great time and "skate like no one is watching."

nicole_l

Final Flight
Okay, I really hope Danielle Kahle does well enough to get her long program shown, she has the Best. Music. Ever.