Ice Wars Discussion Thread | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ice Wars Discussion Thread

Panther2000

On the Ice
They gave the women a break being that both programs are more artistic than techn.

But, lord they could have gotten woman who could actually land triple jumps. Jesus. Oskana pretty much always cheated many of ther 3 jumps. & hasn't been able to do any triples for years.

Nancy had a baby months ago & isn't in skating shape to really. With the women's lineup the contest was a given for the men. Come on Elvis & alexi Brian & kurt. :eek:hwell:

Great to see alexi skating though. Boy does mens skating really miss this guy.

swannanoa54

On the Ice
I just watched this program and thought "Too bad COP has taken out what made figure skating so watchable for me".

Brian Boitano ended the evening with a beautiful, technical and artistic skate. They all train hard. I knew the men would win. It was great to see Elvis, Kurt, Brian and Alexei still do those jumps, the spins. And Brian's death drop---you just don't see that HUGE death drop by any man anymore.

Some people prefer the amateur competitive skating, but I miss seeing those who have left their marks on this sport. I miss watching Paul Wylie tell a story when he skates. I miss seeing Kurt do his stunning footwork. I miss Kristi. I didn't think Nancy did so bad especially with her second program. And Maria B (whose skating I never cared for) was great with her ABBA program.

And who cares if no one scores below 9.5? At least none of these programs looked the same. No one was trying to do the same moves to rack up point after point after point. What a way to spend a nice, relaxing evening enjoying some skaters I have enjoyed over the years do their thing.

:rock:

I agree with Realistic. These guys are so much better than the amateurs. When we see programs like these it makes what we are seeing in the GP series look pitiful.

MM :)

Boy, I'm sorry some of you all missed it. It was a super show.

For some reason Maria Butyrskaya's first number was chacked, but her second number was great -- she almost beat Yagudin!

The ladies were robbed! OK, Brian rules, but Yuka should have beat Kurt in the second pogram and Maria should have beat Alexei. :rock:

PS. Did I mention that Yuka should have beat Kurt? Kurt was great, but Yuka was :love: :love: :love:

That's OK, Grgranny. All of the performances in the second hour were better. Especially YUKA! :love:

Teenes

On the Ice
Hehe. I bet if there's one program Kurt wouldn't mind Yuka beating him with, it'd be a program he choreographed himself.... =)

Teenes said:
Hehe. I bet if there's one program Kurt wouldn't mind Yuka beating him with, it'd be a program he choreographed himself.... =)
Kurt is a genius as a choreographer. Did you see all that cute footwork he gave her? :love:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I don't care who likes what, I am so grateful for skating on tv. I loved it all. Sure wish I hadn't goofed up and missed the first half. Glad I don't feel as if I have to be judgeful (is that even a word?) and just sit back and enjoy.

Vash01

Medalist
I am sure there will be a rerun but I had really planned on watching it tonight. I am very disappointed.

Vash

mzheng

Record Breaker
I just caught Brian B. skating completely. Loved it. Glad to see the final interviews with all of them on. Great to see Maria is back.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Maria did a great job skating to ABBA medley. I loved the tribute costume. The performance was a huge improvement over last year's World Team Challenge, where she came unprepared and out of shape (she did have some personal issues to deal with back then).

I am disappointed her first number was not shown. From her score it seems she had a respectable performance. And then we are shown Oksana's lying on the ice/holding a rose number? I am sure the TV wanted to milk Oksana/Nancy skating as a team story, but I think Oksana's deserved to be shown just once.

Brian Boitano rules! In fact all guys did a terrific job. What a great show!

Yana

Hikaru

Final Flight
I'm so happy I switched my cable plan, and I got to see Ice Wars!! the guy were amazing, loved to see Alexei skating, he was wonderful, and Kurt was amazing as well. All of them had a spark and something special that makes the audience go wild about them. Great show!