"In Partner Search" skaters | Page 3 | Golden Skate

"In Partner Search" skaters

meteorlight8

Rinkside
quite sad to here. But I guess it is better they split now than in 2,3 years.

This actually sounds like a really good idea to me. I just looked him (Spencer) up, and he's quite young with good height for pairs (180cm according to isu bio). They'd be JGP eligible for a couple of more seasons too I think, so a lot of time to get the pairs elements together. It's not like Japan has much else going on for pairs, and with Narumi potentially partner-less going into 2018, this pair (if true) has a realistic chance of making their Oly team, since citizenship won't be an issue.

PairSk8r123

Spectator
Somebody on FSU noted that David Botero has removed his IPS profile, and I just searched for Narumi and she has removed her profile as well. Do any of our more well-connected posters know if this means that they paired up? Or just coincidence?

Unfortunately, I think this is just coincidence because I was told that Narumi had chosen a Russian partner (possible Egor Zakroev, but I'm not sure). I do not know why David took his bio down since he is still skating and I believe is still looking for a partner.

actualrealliveanna

On the Ice

hanca

Record Breaker
Unfortunately, I think this is just coincidence because I was told that Narumi had chosen a Russian partner (possible Egor Zakroev, but I'm not sure). I do not know why David took his bio down since he is still skating and I believe is still looking for a partner.

There is quite a few Russian male partners searching for a female partner, so it may not be necessarily Zakroev. Maisuradze will need a partner (I don't think Antipova will skate with him again even if she comes back to elite figure skating), Larionov is also currently partner less. Then there is about 3 male partners who aged out of juniors while their female partners still could stay in juniors (a bit like Vygalova/Zakroev). Those are less known pairs but the male partners still could be potentially pretty decent. (daria Popova who skates for France found Novoselov this way, and Gerboldt found her new partner also this way). And then there is junior Bobrov, but I don't think Narumi would like to go to juniors, and I can't see why he would want to move to seniors yet.

Last edited:

Barb

Record Breaker

She is planning to represent another country?

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I watched her and Tran's programs from Nice France 2012? and was impressed with the improvement of the death spiral. She is talented enough to have her pick. My best wishes in the situation.

In today's Japanese media: Narumi has paired up with Alexandr Zaboev, age 25, formerly representing Estonia/Russia. They tried out in April and started training together in June. Morozov choreographed their SP, which was recently completed. They will be representing Japan. Zaboev is a Russian citizen so the team will not be able to compete in the Olympics.

http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20150706/fgr15070616220001-n1.html

Last edited:

lyverbird1

Final Flight