Japan’s Marin Honda sets goal for 2016-17 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Japan’s Marin Honda sets goal for 2016-17

ioanna

Record Breaker
Nothing surprising. The media always has the tendency to toss aside some skaters and go crazy over other skaters. Ever since she won Jr Worlds the media is like "Oh right Wakaba Higuchi might have won some medals this season too but back to Marin..." :laugh:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Nothing surprising. The media always has the tendency to toss aside some skaters and go crazy over other skaters. Ever since she won Jr Worlds the media is like "Oh right Wakaba Higuchi might have won some medals this season too but back to Marin..." :laugh:

It might be a blessing to Wakaba that the media is giving her a break. She hasn't quite got the hang of being Japanese Media friendly yet. If Marin, who has a lot of experience with that, can take the glare of the spotlight, then Wakaba can concentrate on her her skating without too much scrutiny.

AsadaFanBoy

Final Flight
Her jumps look like Mirai's. Specifically, the loose-ish wrap. But her jumps look to be all the way around. And she doesn't prerotate 3T as badly as Medvedeva or Satoko.

Hopefully she can keep the large jumps and fully rotate them as she gets older.

Layback11

Record Breaker

angelicadiablo

Rinkside
Why would Korean TV would promote Young You vs Marin? Shouldn't they be promoting Young You vs Gubanova or Nugumanova?

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Why would Korean TV would promote Young You vs Marin? Shouldn't they be promoting Young You vs Gubanova or Nugumanova?
Idk why either :/ But Yoo is the recent national champion so I guess K-media is trying to prop her up.

frida80

Record Breaker
:laugh2:

I cannot...

You know someone's desperate for ratings when they start promoting fake rivalries between 11-and-14-year-olds who have NEVER EVEN COMPETED AGAINST EACH OTHER and will not for at least three years due to age regulations.

:laugh: :rofl:

Actually five. By the time she is able to complete at juniors, Marin will have moved up, to seniors.

No. To the Korean public is most interested if it's Korean vs Japanese. Marin just won a JW title, so Young You is Korea's "answer."

Last edited:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
If we compare the same combo, the 3S+3T. Marin jumps so much better than Evgenia because Marin 1) has more flow, 2) better connection, very little time between the jumps, 3) more beautiful air position and 4) looks more effortless.

Please don't get me wrong, Evgenia nailed the combo as well, which is good. But if I have to distinguish them using the GOE, I would give Marin one point higher than Evgenia. Just a personal preference.