Japanese Nationals Ladies LP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Japanese Nationals Ladies LP

Okami

On the Ice
Wow, Mao's on fire! :bow: Intense!!!

She probably got something downgraded, but that was one fine performance! And the crowd goes bonkers!!! :rock:

Okami

On the Ice
uuh. This symphony of Saint-Saens, though I love to listen to it, sounds too abstract a piece of music to skate with. IMHO she is good at emotional expression and there must be better choice.

Well, I LOVED Miki's program! During the close-ups she looked really fierce. She was in pain, so she might have not skated at her full potential, but I think this program has great potential.

Did the accident affect her performance? It seems to me it did.

She said in the interview that her shoulder and landing leg were giving her trouble again. :(

casken

On the Ice
Wow, there must have been major downgrades for that to lose to Suguri in the LP. That was a pretty intense performance.

So Nakano doesn't even get 4CC? I wonder if she was offered and turned it down? I guess they really are sticking to the results this time.

Alberich

Rinkside
Wow, there must have been major downgrades for that to lose to Suguri in the LP. That was a pretty intense performance.

It seemed Mao had two jumps downgraded, 3A and 3Lo both in combination.
It was really an intense competition.

Alberich

Rinkside
Both 3As and 3Lo were downgraded. :cool:

so she had 3 jumps downgraded and popped one... shame.

3A<-2Lo
3A<
3F-2Lo-2Lo
1S......
3F-3Lo<
3T
2A

It also seemed to me her 3rd position in the SpSq was a bit short?
I guess she is really tired after 3 grand prix events and national with an interval of a fortnight between each.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Nana was fab. I really loved her. Beautiful costume and gutsy jumps. Her loops were very beautiful. I do not find her the Swan Lake type of skater; but it was a nice performance. I really loved her.

Unfortunately, Yukari needed to be nearly clean to be competitive. I am sorry that she missed the Worlds.

Miki also had gutsy landings. I felt that she was slower than usual. Her steps were far more interesting to watch than the last time and I could feel that she tried not to give up. It was a good, soulful performance despite mistakes. i am glad that she stayed on her feet and go to the Worlds. If she missed it, some people might have blamed Fumie, even though accidents happen and both skaters would have been responsible. I am glad that she made it. I think that she deserved it.

I loved Mao the best!! Her 3As looked absolutely fantastic to bare eyes. I also found her 3-3 very good to bare eyes. I haven't checked protocol yet, but perhaps she got DG on these, right? I hate UR calls. You share all the excitements at the real time and it's like pouring cold water afterwards. Her spins were fab. Especially I loved the flying spin in the middle. It was fantastic. I am glad that her 3As are getting more and more consistent. Despite slight URs, she nearly fully rotates.

Other than top skaters, I loooooved Kanako Murakami. She is 14 and looks like just like a little kid. But she has great, great charisma. She is going to be a star! Once you start watching, you just cannot get your eyes away from her. She has fantastic speed, strong jumps and spins, and is absolutely fab in her dancing. My grandma was saying, "She has lovely puds that look better than Miki-chan. Instead of just swinging her puds, she has fascinating moves." Awwwww (lol).

ETA: I also liked Mai. She was very elegant and beautiful skating to Sayuri. It would have been nicer if she had more speed and landed more difficult jumps. But I think that she is getting better at her spins. She is always lovely to watch and would make a great pro skater.

Mari Suzuki had great speed and great height on her jumps. It was unfortunate that she looked tired towards the end.

I feel that Satsuki Muramoto may look better if she skates to lyrical, delicate music because she has very elegant atmosphere and currently music sounds stronger than herself. But I loved her step sequence very much. It was very interesting to watch.

Last edited:

Alberich

Rinkside
I haven't checked protocol yet, but perhaps she got DG on these, right? I hate UR calls. You share all the excitements at the real time and it's like pouring cold water afterwards.

Well said and I completely agree with you.
Sharing real time excitement must be quintessential in sports.

Alberich

Rinkside
Yes, Kanako was adorable and she has excellent technique going hand in hand with dancing spirit. She is going to be great. A next generation star, definitely.

Nana will be great when she fully recovers from her injury. Even without the most difficult jumps, I was impressed with her posture and very entertaining performance. Her selection of music could be better, though.

Very sorry for Yukari, especially after a breathtaking SP...

Last edited:

Bennett

Record Breaker
Protocol:

-I am a little surprised that Fumie did not receive UR on her 3F-2T, which I thought she landed nearly forward.

-Fumie received a lot of positive GOEs on her jumps, which I think quite deserving, except for the one on lutz combo with "!".

-I wish Akiko received better GOEs on her jumps. Her jumps are big and have nice flow.

-I felt that Akiko deserved better PCS.

-Nana got wonderful GoEs on her loops, which I think very deserving.

-I didnt notice Miki's UR on 2A-2Lo watching real time.

-I wonder if Mao would ever receive level 4 on her 45-second straightline step sequence.

-Kanako got "e" on her lutz. Is this a tradition of Coach Yamada's skaters???

Medusa

Record Breaker
That was one tough technical caller, Asada 3 jumps downgraded, Nakano 3 jumps downgraded, Ando 3 jumps downgraded, Suzuki 2 jumps downgraded. Suguri didn't get an edge call or warning on the GP cricuit - but the Japanese tech callers warned her Flutz every time.

I am so sorry for Nakano, must be very hard on her.

enlight78

Medalist
That was one tough technical caller, Asada 3 jumps downgraded, Nakano 3 jumps downgraded, Ando 3 jumps downgraded, Suzuki 2 jumps downgraded. Suguri didn't get an edge call or warning on the GP cricuit - but the Japanese tech callers warned her Flutz every time.

I am so sorry for Nakano, must be very hard on her.

I only hope the US nationals shows the the same amount of tough love to give their skaters a reality check.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Miki has been getting so many downgrades on her loops lately. I wonder if they would keep using them.

I felt that at least one of Fumie's lutzs in LP could have gotten "e" instead of "!" because it looked so ovbious even without slow-mo. Judges were also generous because few gave her minus GOEs despite the "!". They were nice jumps except for the edge, so they might have taken other factors into consideration.