Jason Brown | Page 438 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'm one of the lucky/unlucky people who always has some music stuck in my head ... today it is:

When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around
Do you ever really crash, or even make a sound?

As long as we are posting videos, how can you not like Lin Manuel Miranda after this wedding day surprise for his wife:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgZ4ZTTfKO8

Back to Jason, USFSA.org has listed the skaters assigned to Lombardia:

http://www.usfsa.org/story?id=84032&menu=TeamUSA

Both Jason and Jordan Moeller are assigned. Congratulations, European Jason fans!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:hap93::yahoo::peace::party2::party::love: YIIIIIISSSSS!!!!!! I was just going to bed but now I won't be able to sleep :dance2:

Oh my gosh! So, so happy for you MGstyle. Hope you can take a few minutes to give us some first-hand reports. :hap57:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Oh my gosh! So, so happy for you MGstyle. Hope you can take a few minutes to give us some first-hand reports. :hap57:
Aw thank you so much dear!! :luv17: Of course you will hear from me, I am a bit of a dinosaur and not capable of sending anything and everything real time via telephone, but I will do what I can, and surely I will give you a complete report when I can sit down and write and sort all the piccies!! :hap85:
Oh how I prayed for this opportunity!!! Last year I had a few personal complications and couldn't attend Lombardia, and I was doubtful if the lady luck would be so generous as to give me that second chance!!! I am over the moon!!!! :thank:

TMC

Record Breaker
I'm so happy for you, MGstyle, not least because it will be great to have "one of our own" there to see it in person!! :yahoo:

Finlandia is 3 weeks after Lombardia, so I can still hope....

MGstyle

Medalist
I'm so happy for you, MGstyle, not least because it will be great to have "one of our own" there to see it in person!! :yahoo:

Finlandia is 3 weeks after Lombardia, so I can still hope....

Thank you TMC!!!! I was actually wondering if he will do Nepela, which is held in the following week, while he is in this part of the world. (Then I may consider Nepela instead, Lombardia charge insane price for the tickets, like €25 per competition or €60 for a day pass :eekn:) But if I remember correctly he hasn't done Finlandia yet. So it is also quite possible that he may go for that. :agree:

Ender

Match Penalty
I'm one of the lucky/unlucky people who always has some music stuck in my head ... today it is:

As long as we are posting videos, how can you not like Lin Manuel Miranda after this wedding day surprise for his wife:

Back to Jason, USFSA.org has listed the skaters assigned to Lombardia:

http://www.usfsa.org/story?id=84032&menu=TeamUSA

Both Jason and Jordan Moeller are assigned. Congratulations, European Jason fans!
Lombardia? Wow! This will be fun!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aw thank you so much dear!! :luv17: Of course you will hear from me, I am a bit of a dinosaur and not capable of sending anything and everything real time via telephone, but I will do what I can, and surely I will give you a complete report when I can sit down and write and sort all the piccies!! :hap85:
Oh how I prayed for this opportunity!!! Last year I had a few personal complications and couldn't attend Lombardia, and I was doubtful if the lady luck would be so generous as to give me that second chance!!! I am over the moon!!!! :thank:

Didn't someone say that last year they weren't strict at all about checking tickets? Whatever the case, you will have a wonderful time at a small venue. And maybe if we Shoma fans beg you, could you maybe take one photo of him for us?! You are really in for a treat! I'm so jealous. Wonder if you'll have an opportunity to meet Jason! Last year I was in Sorrento during Lombardia and kept thinking "So near, but yet so far."

It's better not to get too carried away with the real-time reporting. You end up missing too much of the action!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

That was fabulous. :thank:Thanks so much for posting it. Really, for me it draws yet another connection between Jason and Lin-Manuel. They both have this joie de vivre that is rooted firmly in their loving families; and they both continually keep it going for others too.

And: lucky and unlucky (my vote)

Yes. Big crash, and plenty of glorious sound. :)

Ross74

Medalist
In case anyone hasn't had a chance to listen to the latest Ice Talk with Jackie Wong and Nick McCarvel where they discuss the off-season, I decided to transcribe the Jason part, beginning at 37:40. It's pretty short and nothing new, but I found it interesting.

Discussing the off-season

Jackie - Jason Brown, he did a quick debut at Skate Milwaukee a couple of weeks ago and then was at Glacier Falls. His plan for the off-season is a little bit different from everyone else's. Where you see everybody else kind of put everything out there and trying full programs, Jason is really using these competitions, one, to test the flow of the programs, to see if the choreography works, and then he's intentionally doubling a lot of his jumps just to kind of have those run-throughs going, and then he'll... the one thing that is interesting to see him and his coaches do, is putting in the quad here and there just to kind of test it out, so he did the quad toe in the short at Glacier Falls, and he fell on that, and then he put in the quad sal for the first time in competition, I believe, in the free skate, but then, you know, the rest of the program was not skated full out with the jumps, so I think you'll continue seeing that from him in the off-season, putting in a couple of new jumps here and there, and just to get his programs underneath him and figure out what works best.

Nick - I was talking to Jason Brown's coach Kori Ade the other day and she said, "Nick, I have a plan", and it sounds as though... that this is...they're in the long game and Jason Brown obviously has been to an Olympics, has been the U.S. national champion and it really has been that discussion around the quads for him, so I would not doubt that Kori Ade is right, I think it's interesting to hear you pull that out specifically, but, also Jason announcing Room Where it Happens as his short program for the season... before we go there, what else, these last couple of weeks...

They never really got back to discussing anything Jason related. I thought they might discuss Jason's music choices when they were talking about the others, but they didn't.

MGstyle

Medalist
Didn't someone say that last year they weren't strict at all about checking tickets? Whatever the case, you will have a wonderful time at a small venue. And maybe if we Shoma fans beg you, could you maybe take one photo of him for us?! You are really in for a treat! I'm so jealous. Wonder if you'll have an opportunity to meet Jason! Last year I was in Sorrento during Lombardia and kept thinking "So near, but yet so far."

It's better not to get too carried away with the real-time reporting. You end up missing too much of the action!

Yeah for sure, I will be hanging with a handful of passionate "Shominettes", I might well be coaxed into a interpreter job with him for them haha... So you will no doubt be hearing about some Shoma reports, too :agree: Ice Lab is such a tiny place as far as the audience capacity goes, so I am quite sure I will get to meet Jason again in person :yahoo::hap93: I also heard about the tickets in the end not counting too much, and lots of people just walking in without them, so I am hoping for a similar scenario, but one can not be prepared enough for the worst, so I shall see when I get there... at the very worst I might limit my attendance to mens competitions and practices, if there are no bona fide favs of mine present in other disciplines. And you are so right about not going overboard on real-time report so as not to miss out on the live action... I am blessed that I will have my personal photographer/film recorder with me (my partner) so I can concentrate on oohing and aaahing and drooling :love::gclap:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah for sure, I will be hanging with a handful of passionate "Shominettes", I might well be coaxed into a interpreter job with him for them haha... So you will no doubt be hearing about some Shoma reports, too :agree: Ice Lab is such a tiny place as far as the audience capacity goes, so I am quite sure I will get to meet Jason again in person :yahoo::hap93: I also heard about the tickets in the end not counting too much, and lots of people just walking in without them, so I am hoping for a similar scenario, but one can not be prepared enough for the worst, so I shall see when I get there... at the very worst I might limit my attendance to mens competitions and practices, if there are no bona fide favs of mine present in other disciplines. And you are so right about not going overboard on real-time report so as not to miss out on the live action... I am blessed that I will have my personal photographer/film recorder with me (my partner) so I can concentrate on oohing and aaahing and drooling :love::gclap:

:bow: :thank: Oh, many thx to the Shominettes. No matter how it ends up working out, you are going to have an awesome time! I'm so jealous. A couple of times I've started out with keeping track of jumps, writing notes as things are going along, etc. Not worth it! Any on-site reports are like gold, no matter when they are reported!...Now I'm officially dead thinking of how much fun it will be! :dbana:

musicfan80

Medalist
Looking forward to what Jason does (if we see much - I understand why USFS may keep a lot of it private) at Champs Camp starting tomorrow. :)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looking forward to what Jason does (if we see much - I understand why USFS may keep a lot of it private) at Champs Camp starting tomorrow. :)

On IG, Jason did ask for suggestions for his Champs Camp entry on his YouTube channel ... which means there will be a vlog from Champs Camp. (another great interview with him and Grant would be my choice:biggrin:)

And also means we will get more skating and skaters, and less of the famille Brown en vacances? (which I say from a place of love ;)).

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am hoping for Josh singing. Or just...even two seconds of Josh. To bask in the smiles as they know their friendly rivalry is back on track. That will be enough for me.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, I didn't realize that USFS also had a Snapchat in addition to the IG.

No Josh sighting (yet....)
But on Snapchat, Jason brought the red, white and blue wig:biggrin: and I believe he's dancing with Gracie ....

And he and Grant are back in fine form, if only for 20 seconds (with Tarah and Danny hanging around as well....;)