Jason Brown | Page 780 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So I watched part of the video archive of Open Ice. The Battle of the Brians "Part II" was adorable, but Jason with his unintended shade:

"And I'm alive for this one!"

:rofl:

Okey dokey then.......:)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
https://youtu.be/vI9EHidCnpE
Youtube link to the interview with Brian Orser.

Who is the person conducting the interview? She is very unprofessional so far (I am not half way yet I think). She keeps asking questions like "where is Yuzuru?" (which she must have known she would not get an answer to, he's incredibly private and Brian's not about to out him) and referring only to Yuzuru when talking about skaters recovering from injury even though several TCC skaters have niggling injuries - Orser actually looked quite nettled at that one, as if to say, you know he's not my only student right? And now she's asking about the quad Axel again. THERE ARE OTHER TCC SKATERS LADY.

EDIT: That interview was 31 minutes long and I swear 25 of those minutes was spent talking about Hanyu. JFC.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
I love how Brian said "Y'know we're working on different things that they probably wouldn't work on, like flexibility.... NOT Jason Brown" :laugh:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I love how Brian said "Y'know we're working on different things that they probably wouldn't work on, like flexibility.... NOT Jason Brown" :laugh:

I like how everyone's laugh seemed to agree that it was not possible for Jason to get more flexible!

And then the Josh story got another run! He particularly loves that story.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'm glad that he's doing Figure Skating in Harlem. I don't recall him ever doing that before. I wish they had a peanut gallery for his classes. I would only be watching, so wouldn't want to take up anyone's space who could actually benefit, but it would be so much fun to see him conduct the class.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
https://youtu.be/d2MnuIjMM5I?t=10359

The part of the Open Ice segment with Brian Orser, Brian Boitano, and Jason!

It was fun and I'm so glad that they included Jason in it. Kaitlyn did such a great job of making everyone feel important, connected and special. Brian really had fun with Boitano in that game. Jason stayed neutral but skewed to his coach. It was such a fun and clever idea to have the two guys compete. Brian's comment in the Olympic Channel interview was so positive. Orser won the short, Boitano won the free, neither one disappointed. They skated their best.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I'm glad that he's doing Figure Skating in Harlem. I don't recall him ever doing that before. ...

At least in 2014, Jason previously did attend the Figure Skating in Harlem gala.

He appeared in some of the SOI shows that year. Two days before the SOI show in New Jersey, quite a few skaters from the cast attended the Figure Skating in Harlem gala in NYC.

Group photo of Jason, Josh, and other SOI skaters at the Figure Skating in Harlem gala:

Photos tweeted by Jason:

... And then the Josh story got another run! He particularly loves that story.

:luv17: :laugh: :luv17:

noskates

Record Breaker
Brian Orser looks good. I think he must have lost some serious weight just looking at his face. Kaitlyn did a great job. Fun to see Jason with the two Brians.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Brian Orser looks good. I think he must have lost some serious weight just looking at his face. Kaitlyn did a great job. Fun to see Jason with the two Brians.

Brian looks healthy and relaxed. I do hope he's losing some weight and I agree that he looks like he has. I noticed that toward the end of the season. I'm glad that he's keeping it up.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
At least in 2014, Jason previously did attend the Figure Skating in Harlem gala.

He appeared in some of the SOI shows that year. Two days before the SOI show in New Jersey, quite a few skaters from the cast attended the Figure Skating in Harlem gala in NYC.

Group photo of Jason, Josh, and other SOI skaters at the Figure Skating in Harlem gala:

Photos tweeted by Jason:

:luv17: :laugh: :luv17:

Thank you for that link. I have no memory of ever seeing those pics. I noted that he responded to a lot of tweets back then. That was a big year for him!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He keeps getting better and better all the time! I can hardly wait to see all this translate to the ice. The control, the precision, the fluidity....aaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
He keeps getting better and better all the time! I can hardly wait to see all this translate to the ice. The control, the precision, the fluidity....aaaaaaaaaaaaah.

That's why I love him so much! He is a dancer on ice. And on land too. With a baseball cap! To control the incredible hair! He is so talented! I hope that they decide to have both Olympics in 2022. We'll see!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Do you guys really think it’s a new program? Since most of it involves upper body movement, I have a really hard time imagining how it would translate to the ice. If it is a new program, would it be a SP or a FS - and would it mean no Ro next year?

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Do you guys really think it’s a new program? Since most of it involves upper body movement, I have a really hard time imagining how it would translate to the ice. If it is a new program, would it be a SP or a FS - and would it mean no Ro next year?

I don't think it's a new program. I think he just learned some choreography to a song referring to the world ending (sort of) and decided to dance it and record it. I sent a link to a friend who is a professional ballet dancer and teacher. Her comment was that he was a full fledged dancer with those skills. Not a skater who also does a little dancing. I agree! He can dance as well as he skates. I sent her the jump rope in skates recording too. She was blown away. Said his ankle strength must be incredible. Yup! That's a skater! But no, I don't believe it's a new skating program. The choreographer does dance choreo, not skating choreo.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, Jason is a dancer. So good just to see him moving.

I also doubt it is an SP. In one of his interviews didn’t he say he thought he would reprise this season’s skates, which wouldn’t break my heart ;), but Tracy wanted to wait to see what was happening in the world? If he gets a new program, it will be on the ice I think.

And isn’t it cool that the Browns’ basement or wherever has that Team USA banner hanging for background for these posts? :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker

If (?) people are reacting to karne's post, I did/do not think that she was saying anything about Randi Strong's choreo translating to the ice?

By "all this," I think karne was referring to Jason's qualities that are "getting better and better all the time" ... which she then lists as "the control, the precision, the fluidity."
Is that what you meant, karne?

... And isn’t it cool that the Browns’ basement or wherever has that Team USA banner hanging for background for these posts? :)

Maybe the banner already was there anyway [ETA: well before the videos from quarantine, I mean] ... but my first thought was: Marla was not a TV producer for nuthin'. :yes: