Jason Brown | Page 781 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jason's rendition was better! But Tessa was good too. It would be fun to see other skaters do this choreo.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If (?) people are reacting to karne's post, I did/do not think that she was saying anything about Randi Strong's choreo translating to the ice?

By "all this," I think karne was referring to Jason's qualities that are "getting better and better all the time" ... which she then lists as "the control, the precision, the fluidity."
Is that what you meant, karne?

Yes, thank you, ice coverage.

This piece of choreo would make for an awful short program anyway - too stop-start. But the control and precision and the beauty of his movements, that's what he'll bring back to the ice improved and polished even further, and it is very exciting.

I'm mostly now curious about this big room Jason keeps appearing in. Is it their basement? A rumpus room kind of arrangement? Was it something they put in when Jason started getting serious, or was it the natural evolution of a playroom as the kids grew up? I think we've established from the outside shots that the Browns have a pretty big house, but that room is now making me so curious!

Ross74

Medalist
ISU's recommendation series continues with Jason!

I was so excited that he recommended Beartown for a book! I love that book and have been suggesting it to all my family! Good taste, Jason! :agree:
As for his TV shows, we tried Schitt's Creek and couldn't get past the first episode. I've been told we should give it another chance, that it gets better a few episodes in. Haven't heard of the other two. :)

Niall Horan? Interesting.

I'm mostly now curious about this big room Jason keeps appearing in. Is it their basement? A rumpus room kind of arrangement? Was it something they put in when Jason started getting serious, or was it the natural evolution of a playroom as the kids grew up? I think we've established from the outside shots that the Browns have a pretty big house, but that room is now making me so curious!

I think they have a very large house with a very large finished basement/lower level. :) This is fairly common in the U.S. In my area, most houses have this and it can be devoted to anything. Kids playroom, theater room, gym, guest suite, teen hangout.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We know I love Jason.

But ruin a perfectly good smoothie with spinach:eekn:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think they have a very large house with a very large finished basement/lower level. :) This is fairly common in the U.S. In my area, most houses have this and it can be devoted to anything. Kids playroom, theater room, gym, guest suite, teen hangout.

We do not really have basements in Australia. So this is a mystery to me.

That smoothie looked so gross, sorry Jason :laugh: He is wearing the same socks in the ISU video as the dance clip, I wonder if he filmed them more or less at the same time? I mean, he could also have just washed his socks.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Or bought ten pairs of identical socks, so when one or two get lost in the wash, it is no big problem :laugh:

The dance video is wonderful, and so much better than Tessa' s, I am shocked :jaw:

The expressiveness of the arms and fingers...incredible...even the way he makes me feel the corner of his basement is a stage, by the way he takes the stage to begin....

Watching it again....

Last edited:

Impromptu

On the Ice

It depends on what part of America. I grew up in WV, which had a lot of flooding, so people who lived in lower elevations (it's a very mountainous state) did not put in basements. I live in Minnesota now, which is pretty flat, and has an active tornado season, so the majority of single family homes are built with full basements (which can double as a storm/tornado shelter, if needed). Illinois is in the same geographic situation as Minnesota.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
When the water table is like 10 feet beneath the topsoil, even during wet season, it is relatively simple and hence not too expensive to have a full basement dug in soft soil, and have it lined and floored water tight. Its stone walls will serve nicely as foundation for a wooden house.

I always envy those people with a full basement and attic, so much storage space :)

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States

That smoothie looked so gross, sorry Jason :laugh: He is wearing the same socks in the ISU video as the dance clip, I wonder if he filmed them more or less at the same time? I mean, he could also have just washed his socks.

Or he has more than one pair?

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Or bought ten pairs of identical socks, so when one or two get lost in the wash, it is no big problem :laugh:

The dance video is wonderful, and so much better than Tessa' s, I am shocked :jaw:

The expressiveness of the arms and fingers...incredible...even the way he makes me feel the corner of his basement is a stage, by the way he takes the stage to begin....

Watching it again....

Jason has a totally different style. Tessa, even when she skates, is very staccato. I actually never cared for that aspect of their skating. It's very extroverted. Jason radiates from within, more like ballet. Comparing their feet was interesting. He's got ballet feet. She doesn't. He emotes with his entire body. It's a totally different style. And one that I love!

noskates

Record Breaker
Possibly the difference between the two - just possibly - is one has natural rhythm and moves and dances with his whole body while the other one is very adept at learning choreography. The way Jason moves his head and his arms isn't learned.....it comes from the music and is a natural extension from the rest of his body. He does it in his skating and now, obviously, when he's dancing. But again as I always say, I raised a rugby player so this is all just conjecture and observation on my part.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Possibly the difference between the two - just possibly - is one has natural rhythm and moves and dances with his whole body while the other one is very adept at learning choreography. The way Jason moves his head and his arms isn't learned.....it comes from the music and is a natural extension from the rest of his body. He does it in his skating and now, obviously, when he's dancing. But again as I always say, I raised a rugby player so this is all just conjecture and observation on my part.

Exactly! It comes from within and he shares it with the audience. I think that's why Jason takes longer to learn choreo. He has to make it part of himself. That takes time. But it's what makes Jason special. You explained it beautifully.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Agree with Bookseller's earlier comment that Tessa and Jason show different styles when performing this choreo.

IMO, Tessa's style is authentic to her, and her expressiveness from within herself comes across very beautifully.

I do not want to take anything away from Jason. Just sayin' that I greatly appreciate both of their styles and greatly admire the talent of both dancers. All in the eye of the beholder.

To quote Tessa's words that accompanied her video: "No matter your preferred style, let loose and express yourself today 💃🏻🕺🏻 "
She and Jason each did a wonderful job of that.

I often buy multiple pairs of the exact same socks, so that scenario for Jason would ring true for me. :)

As noted by others, the geographical area within the U.S. makes a difference as to whether basements are a typical way of life or not. (My childhood in a southern state lacked the basement experience.)

I like spinach well enough, but if I am going to have a green smoothie, I would hope for it to be matcha-flavored :luv17: instead.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
Agree with Bookseller's earlier comment that Tessa and Jason show different styles when performing this choreo.

IMO, Tessa's style is authentic to her, and her expressiveness from within herself comes across very beautifully.

I do not want to take anything away from Jason. Just sayin' that I greatly appreciate both of their styles and greatly admire the talent of both dancers. All in the eye of the beholder.

To quote Tessa's words that accompanied her video: "No matter your preferred style, let loose and express yourself today �������� "
She and Jason each did a wonderful job of that.

I agree with @icecoverage, they both have very different styles, with neither "better" or more authentic than the other. They're unique and that's great. Also as a massive V/M and Jason fan, seeing the two worlds collide is weird but amazing. Definitely interactions I didn't know I wanted!

I do feel envious of all of the empty space Jason seems to have in his house, it must make off-ice training that little bit easier. My training base is currently closed and there is not a single piece of wall in my house against which I can practice a handstand without hitting the wall or potentially smashing something valuable if I have to bail out.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist

This. I think it's perfectly evident - or maybe because I am just partial, but this is exactly the impression I got comparing these two differently talented dancers.

I do feel envious of all of the empty space Jason seems to have in his house

I imagine the house of the Browns is enormous - just remember the length of the corridor where Jason was doing his riverdance :laugh: The Browns family is clearly very wealthy, just to think that both of the parents ALWAYS travel with him to his competitions around the world, which many of the parents of the skaters can't allow themselves to do. But they all manage to remain so humble, generous in all sense and down to earth - and this makes me appreciate them even more :luv17: