Jason Brown | Page 836 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

sdwyer52

On the Ice
Watching Sinnerman again today, I was struck by all the little details. I pick up more each time I see the program. It's truly jam packed and brilliant. I'm a Horton technique trained dancer and o me, Rohene's incorporation is stunning, and Jason's embodiment of the quality is exquisite. Seeing it back to back with Kevin, who I also think of as a dancer on ice, I was really struck by how much deeper Jason's choreo is and how much more he seems to truly embody the movement than any one else. I go back to Tracey "Oh, Jason. Oh boy, you are so special."
Jason has been working with Rohene for a few weeks. I saw some new movements added and some other movements brought back. They keep changing things, which causes the issues in the footwork. Slaughter also had changes at World’s that were done here. The second axel is just not in a good place.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
You know it occurred to me that in the past month Jason has gone from Toronto to Stockholm (+6 hours), from Stockholm to Chicago (-7 hours), and from Chicago to Osaka (+14 hours). That’s got to be really rough.
I'm sure it was difficult. He also has not seen his coaches since Stockholm. That was probably an issue also. He did work with Rohene, which is why Sinnerman was good, but Ro probably wouldn't feel comfortable making changes in Slaughter and Jason usually doesn't without consulting with his coaches and trying it on. Nathan, for example, changes his choreo at the drop of a hat if something isn't working. Jason doesn't tend to do that. It gives him less flexibility to adjust to environmental changes. The good news is that he stood up on the quad and his spins and footwork were very good. And most of his jumps were good. Next season starts now. Team USA came in 2nd, which was where they expected to place, and I'm sure everyone had a good time. And they got to skate in front of spectators. It's all good news.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
Melancholy exhibition was beautiful but some really annoying camera shots, we missed out on an entire spin because they used an overhead shot then one of his damn skates. Making me really sad that he wasn't invited to perform at the Worlds Gala because omg an On Ice Perspectives shot of this would be out of this world.
Also, and I would have to double check the one from Nats, but he jumped a triple lutz (cleanly, ofc) in his Ex, which strikes me as unusual for Jason as he tends to go with his trustworthy triple flip - I wonder if this was just a cheeky redemption for his FS, just to show he is totally capable of doing it. edit: ok I just checked US Nats and he did a triple lutz there, so my point is kinda moot but anyway it was still beautiful and I can't wait for next season!

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
I’ve been considering this for a while, but I could set up a dropbox with some Jason vids in? I should be able to screen record the performances and gala from Eurosport player, and I have a couple of other videos I grabbed from youtube before they got copyrighted (like US Nats FS from 2020 when he cried in the k&c). I’ll have a little look at what might work best, may not be 100% HD quality but will see what I can do!

sdwyer52

On the Ice
I’ve been considering this for a while, but I could set up a dropbox with some Jason vids in? I should be able to screen record the performances and gala from Eurosport player, and I have a couple of other videos I grabbed from youtube before they got copyrighted (like US Nats FS from 2020 when he cried in the k&c). I’ll have a little look at what might work best, may not be 100% HD quality but will see what I can do!
That sounds great!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Ok guys here is the Jason Brown Dropbox folder!!! Clicking this link should take you to the folder - there's currently only four videos in there but I will try and add more as I can. Currently there's WTT 2021 Gala, Worlds 21 SP, US Nats 21 SP and US Nats 2020 FS. Let me know if this is not working for anyone and I'll see what I can do!
Thank you so much, that was beautiful- and so nice to hear Chris Howarth commentate.