Jason Brown | Page 856 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would love to see Jason do ice dancing, but he's not really tall enough. He would need a really tiny partner.

And yet he is taller than Jean Luc;) (understanding that JeanLuc is very much the outlier for ice dance). He would be excellent, however.

But I don't think (and I could be very wrong, just my presumption) that Jason is looking for alternate ways to stay in competitive skating. Whatever happens this season, he's made his point and made his peace.

And I certainly cannot imagine Jason caring enough to continue to switch countries. If nothing else, what would he do with all his red white and blue bling?:biggrin:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
And yet he is taller than Jean Luc;) (understanding that JeanLuc is very much the outlier for ice dance). He would be excellent, however.

But I don't think (and I could be very wrong, just my presumption) that Jason is looking for alternate ways to stay in competitive skating. Whatever happens this season, he's made his point and made his peace.

And I certainly cannot imagine Jason caring enough to continue to switch countries. If nothing else, what would he do with all his red white and blue bling?:biggrin:

He's such a Team USA enthusiast, I don't see him switching countries either. He's too loyal. He could ice dance, but it would be hard. So much is aesthetic and I think that has made it harder for JLB and Kaitlyn. The winners have been the tall guys with long lean women. Jason could learn and be great, but I agree, I don't think he'll do that. Not right away anyway. As he said "Ice Dance is HARD!"

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looking at that photo, JL is shorter than Nathan. And isn't Nathan about an inch shorter than Jason? (I'm still not convinced Jason is 5'8", but hey I'll go with it :)). Also, Kaitlin's bio says she is 5'3 and no way is JL four inches taller than her. And I should say here that I looove that JL is skating ice dance with a partner almost his size.

So to get back to Jason as he is now, shilling for Reese's pieces in his IG stories is definitely the way to my heart🍬🍫♥️

noskates

Record Breaker
I agree with El - I don't see Jason, the original patriotic fan, skating for another country. What would be the point? Nor do I see him switching disciplines. I just hope he stays in the sport whether he competes or not. He's so good with children - he would make an excellent beginner coach.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jason and Yuzu are nearly the same height. Nathan is about an inch shorter. Jason does not look short on the ice, but he doesn't look tall either. It does seem that 5'6 to 5'8 is optimum for a single male skater. Most of the ice dance men are much taller. And the same with Pairs. I love JLB and Kaitlyn. Size doesn't matter to me. But it seems to matter to the judges. It is funny that they publicize their age and size. It probably shouldn't be permitted, but apparently it is.

noskates

Record Breaker
Yes, having the joy of hugging Jason a few times I know he's taller than me and I'm 5'3". I would say the 5'8" is accurate because my son is that height and it was familiar. Dang - things are really slow when we have so many posts about how tall Jason is! :ROFLMAO:

sdwyer52

On the Ice

I don’t see him turning to ice dance. It is a very hard discipline and it would be too difficult to accomplish anything at this point. I do see him heading to the stage dancing and singing. He will have many opportunities to work and enjoy himself.

sdwyer52

On the Ice
Yes, having the joy of hugging Jason a few times I know he's taller than me and I'm 5'3". I would say the 5'8" is accurate because my son is that height and it was familiar. Dang - things are really slow when we have so many posts about how tall Jason is! :ROFLMAO:
I believe he is 5’7

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I thought so too, but his official bio and longtime Jason fan Karne who has stood next to him say 5'8".

So I'm going with 5'8" now :).
He was 5'7 at one point. He did grow. I noted at the time that he was an inch taller. It was a year or two after the Sochi Olympics. Maybe 2016? I've been watching Dressage on the Olympic coverage. If Jason was a horse, he would be a dressage horse! They are amazing!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I will take one for the team and personally volunteer to measure these skaters.....just for posterity sake, of course!

I believe every single fan gushing in the FanFest needs a patented Jason hug just so we can tell ;)

see what you make us talk about when you pull out of Peggy Fleming Trophy, Jason!:laugh: