Jason Brown | Page 800 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Jordan from OnIce Perspectives said in the IG comments to the SP, "Oh we’re shooting this and I already know how 😉"

Jordan needs to get himself back into Canada, pronto(y)

Both before and after Jordan entered Canada, he said that he would be there for three months. He also had indicated early on that "Toronto" was in his plans (as well as Montreal).
So I think Jason will be in luck, as will we. :)

Has it been mentioned in this thread that Tracy Wilson and Rob McCall had an FD to "Slaughter"?

Which I learned today on Twitter, from a wise person ;) who gave a link to the video.
(I am trying not to steal the person's thunder.)

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jordan from OnIce Perspectives said in the IG comments to the SP, "Oh we’re shooting this and I already know how 😉"

Jordan needs to get himself back into Canada, pronto(y)

Jordan is in Canada and has been filming at the Ice Academy of Montreal. He shot their I.AM.LIVE event on September 11th. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long before Jason's programs receive the full On Ice Perspectives treatment!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am quite excited to see these two programs. Those snippets are so teasing! I hope it is true that Jason will be in the competition where the video will be released at 11am on Tuesday (or overnight for me). I can hardly wait to see them!

I'm not familiar with either piece so I had to Youtube them. The SP is hands-down going to be the fastest one of any skater at all this season. It'll easily be one of the most intense ones too. I really hope they don't use that section that is super repetitive, but I think it has huge potential. Of course, when the program is that super fast, the potential for things to go wrong is also pretty high, but I have every confidence in Jason.

The Slaughter piece - if I had known this piece, this is exactly what I would have wanted Jason to skate to. I can't wait to see it!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I recall seeing Balanchine’s Slaughter on TV back in the 1960’s with Suzanne Farrell and Arthur Mitchell .. the interracial dancers caused quite a stir. Arthur Mitchell was a wonderful dancer - as was Suzanne Farrell. In her autobiographical film, The Elusive Muse, Mr. Mitchell offered amusing insights as they were training to dance their roles; he said Suzanne was a great ballerina but was used to more ethereal roles so he got her to loosen up a bit and “work it” for her role as a lady of the night!
He also said Balanchine was always always supportive of him as a dancer and artist. As for the music, I believe there are lovely cello passages there.. wonder if this finds its way into Jason’s FS. Really really looking forward to this!!
Farrell was, is and always will be my favorite dancer. I saw her on stage later in her career in the early 70s and she was always absolutely fantastic. It will be interesting to see what Jason and Wilson have done with it.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Honestly I was rather 😳🤔🙄 about the music for the new SP. Then I googled the recording artist Nina Simone, whose name I only vaguely remembered seeing somewhere, and nothing more. I found out she was black, and was very active in civil rights movement. Remembering how Jason was vocal about BLM movement this summer, it suddenly made much more sense. If he has to keep up that pace in the snippet, he ought to have done a whole lot of cardio, though! Not that I would expect anything less from him 😁

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Both before and after Jordan entered Canada, he said that he would be there for three months. He also had indicated early on that "Toronto" was in his plans (as well as Montreal).
So I think Jason will be in luck, as will we. :)

Has it been mentioned in this thread that Tracy Wilson and Rob McCall had an FD to "Slaughter"?

Which I learned today on Twitter, from a wise person ;) who gave a link to the video.
(I am trying not to steal the person's thunder.)
I didn't know that! Tracy may even have suggested it.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Honestly I was rather 😳🤔🙄 about the music for the new SP. Then I googled the recording artist Nina Simone, whose name I only vaguely remembered seeing somewhere, and nothing more. I found out she was black, and was very active in civil rights movement. Remembering how Jason was vocal about BLM movement this summer, it suddenly made much more sense. If he has to keep up that pace in the snippet, he ought to have done a whole lot of cardio, though! Not that I would expect anything less from him 😁
He spent his quarantine working out, taking dance classes and cooking dinner for his family. All he was missing was ice time and his training buddies. The speed in those clips was awesome and a little scary. That's good! Can't wait to see there!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I had that thought too, that the choice of a black artist was deliberate.

The ISP Challenge videos will be put up overnight my time. I fully expect to wake up to the Fan Fest thread letting me know if Jason is in them and what timestamps. ;)

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Farrell was, is and always will be my favorite dancer. I saw her on stage later in her career in the early 70s and she was always absolutely fantastic. It will be interesting to see what Jason and Wilson have done with it.
Jason will be phenomenal no doubt!! “OT”: Ms. Farrell is a marvel and lived her art on her own terms.. gave of herself without measure. Did you see her autobiographical film “The Elusive Muse”? Well worth viewing.. includes her exquisite dream sequence solo from Don Quixote

Last edited:

Dpbthomas1

On the Ice
I, too, thought this choice might be related to his feelings about the BLM and issues that surfaced this summer.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
Nathan Chen's SP and FS were submitted to the ISP Challenge, and right at the very end were the current standings, including Jason's scores. Jason's SP score was 94.51 and puts him currently in second place, nine points below Nathan and 12 points above Tomoki Hiwatashi who is currently in third. Great SP score for Jason and probably roundabout his max without a quad.
The FS video for Nathan cut off before showing the standings so not sure about that - also haven't been able to find anything of Jason's on US Fanzone yet.

kan01

Final Flight
Country
Romania
Nathan Chen's SP and FS were submitted to the ISP Challenge, and right at the very end were the current standings, including Jason's scores. Jason's SP score was 94.51 and puts him currently in second place, nine points below Nathan and 12 points above Tomoki Hiwatashi who is currently in third. Great SP score for Jason and probably roundabout his max without a quad.
The FS video for Nathan cut off before showing the standings so not sure about that - also haven't been able to find anything of Jason's on US Fanzone yet.
OMG, I wanna find the Jason videos/parts and screen grab them.
I only see the junior, no senior atm.

Last edited:

Impromptu

On the Ice
OMG, I wanna find the Jason videos/parts and screen grab them.
I only see the junior, no senior atm.

They're not up yet... someone had leaked Nathan's videos to youtube, but the others weren't available (at this time... they will probably be up on USFSA later today). Apparently at least in the SP, Nathan was last in the skating order (I guess Jason's "skate last" mojo doesn't work in virtual competition) so the final SP results were at the end of that specific video.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
ICYMI, per today's e-mail from USFS:

Join Brian Boitano and special guest Jason Brown live on Zoom for 'Cooking and Conversations with Brian Boitano!'
October 15th, 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT via Zoom
Claim your spot with a $60 donation to the Memorial Fund ....

... Apparently at least in the SP, Nathan was last in the skating order ...

FWIW, for all USFS virtual competition this season, skate orders so far have been same for SP and FS.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
This was sent to me by a friend. Nathan's videos are not up anymore.
Nathan Chen 105.53 (1) 209.79 (1) 315.32
Jason Brown 94.51 (2) 173.80 (2) 268.31
Aleksei Krasnozhon 60.44 (10) 150.65 (3) 211.09
Jimmy Ma 79.69 (5) 130.48 (4) 210.17
Tomoki Hiwatashi 82.80 (3) 121.87 (5) 204.67
*Ilia Malinin 80.87 (4) 119.47 (7) 200.34
*Maxim Naumov 66.24 (6) 119.77 (6) 186.01
Dinh Tran 60.70 (9) 119.29 (8) 179.99
Sean Rabbitt 62.91 (8) 116.43 (9) 179.34
*Joseph Kang 64.67 (7) 112.27 (10) 176.94

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
This was sent to me by a friend. Nathan's videos are not up anymore.
Nathan Chen 105.53 (1) 209.79 (1) 315.32
Jason Brown 94.51 (2) 173.80 (2) 268.31
Aleksei Krasnozhon 60.44 (10) 150.65 (3) 211.09
Jimmy Ma 79.69 (5) 130.48 (4) 210.17
Tomoki Hiwatashi 82.80 (3) 121.87 (5) 204.67
*Ilia Malinin 80.87 (4) 119.47 (7) 200.34
*Maxim Naumov 66.24 (6) 119.77 (6) 186.01
Dinh Tran 60.70 (9) 119.29 (8) 179.99
Sean Rabbitt 62.91 (8) 116.43 (9) 179.34
*Joseph Kang 64.67 (7) 112.27 (10) 176.94
Great score for Jason. Especially so early in the season! I am excited to see the videos once USFS publishes them.