Jason Brown | Page 868 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
FWIW. Mikhail Kolyada's FS program for this season is SL. It's very different from Jason's. I think he's representing Schindler. Let the battle begin? I think Jason's program will be better.

Zaki

On the Ice
Just saw Kolyada's FS and I will admit I was a little worried when he first announced his choice to skate to SL. Not anymore. I think Jason's SL is on a complete different level and, for me, way more emotional. Plus, I don't like the music cuts very much in Kolyada's FS.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
Well, the good news is that men’s SP/FS at Finlandia are Oct 7-8, which means we only have to wait 25 days - a little more than 3 weeks, guys! - to see Jason skate (and of course, to see his costumes in action). 😈 Frankly I’m more concerned with how he skates than what he looks like, but in the interests of peace and harmony, I’m hoping that some of us - including me - like them better in action.

It’s a little odd that Finlandia hasn’t posted the full list of competitors yet, but perhaps they’ve been too busy given the extra day / large number of entries. Hopefully they’ll post it next week. In any case, given that it’s the Olympic season, we can expect to it to be competitive.

That’s the day I hand in my thesis proposal, and now I can celebrate by sleeping and watching Jason skate 🙏🏻🙏🏻

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason has more of the photo shoot in his IG stories, and is wearing the new SL costume in action pose (he is striking the Sinnerman ending pose, but the SL ending pose obviously is not great for a still photo).

I feel better seeing it in "semi" action. The fire is less distracting.

Now for less nitpicking from me and some real action, as in Finlandia:party2:

ETA: the Japanese Fan Club posted the "posed action" shot on Twitter:

Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
So re the battle of S/L: Choreo is clearly very different but I kinda feel like it’s not really fair to compare the two programs yet bc Misha’s is obviously still very new for him. Also, Jason is changing at least one section of music.

Re costume in action: I liked it better in the pose where he’s kneeling and reaching up.

Re the photo shoot overall: my favorite moment is Jason on the turntable trying and failing to do a spiral while one of the crew members says (kiddingly I’m sure) “all the other skaters could do it.” 😂

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
So much fun that he's sharing stuff again! I thought the SL costume photographed well. The other photos were done outside, so very different lighting from an arena. We'll know better at Finlandia. What's great right now, is that he's seeing friends and having fun. When he gets back to Toronto, the hard works resumes. He's getting ready for competition! Hoping for a great season!

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
RE: the dueling Schindler's Lists ... Jason and Mikhail aren't scheduled to compete against each other in the GPs. Wouldn't it be interesting if both competed at Finlandia? Mikhail has competed there several times (2016, 2017, 2018) so it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Weighing in on the outfits, I like both and am looking forward to seeing how they accent Jason's skating. I can already imagine in my mind's eye how the SL outfit will look when Jason does one of his signature spins.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
RE: the dueling Schindler's Lists ... Jason and Mikhail aren't scheduled to compete against each other in the GPs. Wouldn't it be interesting if both competed at Finlandia? Mikhail has competed there several times (2016, 2017, 2018) so it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Weighing in on the outfits, I like both and am looking forward to seeing how they accent Jason's skating. I can already imagine in my mind's eye how the SL outfit will look when Jason does one of his signature spins.

I’m kinda surprised full entries for Finlandia aren’t up yet, but I think it’s a real possibility we’ll see dueling S/L there! I read on FSU that both of Moskvina’s pair teams will be there, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see Team Mishin (and Team Rukavicin for that matter) there as well. That could make the men’s event quite competitive (besides Misha, we might see his training mate Semenenko and Aliev, who trains with Rukavicin). Helsinki is only about an hour plane ride from Saint Petersburg (about 5 hours driving) so it would be pretty convenient.

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States

The entry list is out for Finlandia and we will have dueling Schindler's Lists!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
That’s a super competitive field! Just for starters: Keegan, Nam, Matteo Rizzo, Kolyada, Mozalev, Semenenko. Wow.
Very competitive. The Russian skaters had test skates. Jason Rizzo and Keegan may be going in cold. I sincerely hope Misha and Jason don't skate back to back! Every one of them will be under pressure. Rizzo is an unknown this year. I hope that there will be a good stream. They have livestream posted on the web site. Looks like Men will be Thursday and Friday. The top skaters are pretty evenly matched, so it's going to be nerve wracking! WOW!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Very competitive. The Russian skaters had test skates. Jason Rizzo and Keegan may be going in cold. I sincerely hope Misha and Jason don't skate back to back! Every one of them will be under pressure. Rizzo is an unknown this year. I hope that there will be a good stream. They have livestream posted on the web site. Looks like Men will be Thursday and Friday. The top skaters are pretty evenly matched, so it's going to be nerve wracking! WOW!

Assuming Jason is healthy, practicing well, and consistently landing his 3A (not worrying about quad right now) I think a competitive field is great. It’s no tougher than what he faces at 4CCs or Worlds, and it will help him prepare for his GP assignments (which also look to be competitive). OT, but omg the other disciplines are insanely competitive too!

Re the live stream: not 100% sure but just a heads up that unless I’m misremembering, they may charge for it. I will see if I can find out.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Assuming Jason is healthy, practicing well, and consistently landing his 3A (not worrying about quad right now) I think a competitive field is great. It’s no tougher than what he faces at 4CCs or Worlds, and it will help him prepare for his GP assignments (which also look to be competitive). OT, but omg the other disciplines are insanely competitive too!

Re the live stream: not 100% sure but just a heads up that unless I’m misremembering, they may charge for it. I will see if I can find out.
The website has a link to a livestream, but no information when I looked. I'd certainly pay to watch Jason. But the whole competition looks awesome, so hoping for availability of replays. Yes, every discipline is competitive! This will not be an easy entry into the season for sure! It will be a major test. Apparently they had so many skaters sign up they had to extend the original schedule. But when you stop to think about it, this is the return of International Figure Skating after a hiatus AND an Olympic season. It's a big deal!

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
Well done guys who predicted a possible Jason-Kolyada showdown!! Honestly I was hoping this wouldn’t happen this early in the season, if only because I don’t think I can handle the “discourse” which will inevitably disintegrate into fans slagging off each skater and just, ugh.

And jesus a stacked field. I don’t understand why the fields are so unbalanced - ACI is EMPTY and yet Finlandia is as competitive as some of the grand prix fields??

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What has come over Jason? 😂 I mean I’m not complaining! But. Silence for weeks and then a flurry of tweets, this one showing a gorgeous Junwahn level Ina Bauer and spiral into a 3Z.

That's a 3F, Tavi, but I'll let you off this time :laugh:

I wonder if this is Jason's reply to those pathetic rumourmongers. Don't deign to acknowledge them by directly responding to their trash, but instead simply flood the internet with evidence that their gleeful information was little more than made-up garbage.

either way, I see nothing to be concerned about, but much to look forward to.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
That's a 3F, Tavi, but I'll let you off this time :laugh:

I wonder if this is Jason's reply to those pathetic rumourmongers. Don't deign to acknowledge them by directly responding to their trash, but instead simply flood the internet with evidence that their gleeful information was little more than made-up garbage.

either way, I see nothing to be concerned about, but much to look forward to.

You’re right, and I confess I very sloppily didn’t look at the edge at all before calling it a lutz. 😂