Jason Brown | Page 914 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Unless I’m misreading schedule, practice for mens TE starts tomorrow (for individual men it’s 1/31) so it seems almost certain Jason will not be doing TE if he’s truly not arriving until 1/31.

Vince posted a few days ago that he was on his way to Beijing. Unless Nathan doesn't want to do Team I would expect Nathan and Vince to have been selected. But there seems to have been no official announcement.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Vince posted a few days ago that he was on his way to Beijing. Unless Nathan doesn't want to do Team I would expect Nathan and Vince to have been selected. But there seems to have been no official announcement.

You’re probably right, but I think when Vincent/Tom Z posted that he was on his way to Beijing he was actually just on the first leg of his trip (ie LA). That said Madi Hubbell posted she’s flying to Beijing tomorrow so if V and Nathan haven’t left LA yet, I’d guess they’ll leave tomorrow.

Watch me be totally wrong about everything! 😂

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
So, to stop us from worrying about Jason's flights....

Has everyone seen the mug shot that is being used for Jason's official Olympic photo?

It's difficult to make Jason look this bad, that is an art form.:laugh:
The photograph must have dragged him out of his bed in the middle of the night after a day of exhausting run-throughs.
Other skaters' photos are worse.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
You’re probably right, but I think when Vincent/Tom Z posted that he was on his way to Beijing he was actually just on the first leg of his trip (ie LA). That said Madi Hubbell posted she’s flying to Beijing tomorrow so if V and Nathan haven’t left LA yet, I’d guess they’ll leave tomorrow.

Watch me be totally wrong about everything! 😂
Entirely possible that the Team skaters are leaving tomorrow. Ashley Cain said the same thing.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
So, to stop us from worrying about Jason's flights....

Has everyone seen the mug shot that is being used for Jason's official Olympic photo?

It's difficult to make Jason look this bad, that is an art form.:laugh:
That looks like a passport photo. The fact that he looks that good if it is a passport photo, speaks volumes! That's the kind of photo they take when using facial recognition software. My passport photo makes me look like I'm 100 years old, or more! It's horrible!

kan01

Final Flight
Country
Romania
I've already commented on one of the Olympic threads that some photos are extremely unflattering. I hadn't even seen Jason's one yet when I made that comment. Another one of the extremely unflattering ones......we all know he can look so much better!
He looks handsome, just upset. :) The mugshot comparison had me rolling when I saw the photo.😂 I can't imagine Jason as an outlaw.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Unless I’m misreading schedule, practice for mens TE starts tomorrow (for individual men it’s 1/31) so it seems almost certain Jason will not be doing TE if he’s truly not arriving until 1/31.

I believe the practices that start tomorrow are "unofficial" and we should not read anything into who is present or not present for them.

Meanwhile, I loooooooooooove the cosy white jacket Jason was wearing in his last instagram post. He looks so huggable and snug!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I was looking back at his Instagram posts. Just before the white jacket photo, he posted the shot of himself flying through the air in his SL costume and he said "Time Flies Sometimes so do I." It just occurred to me that he might not actually have been referring to the jump. Maybe he's already flown to LA. He and Tracy undoubtedly needed to get back to Canada to pack up their things and be prepared to spend 2 weeks in China. Jason has always been a little cagey about his actual travel. The travel debacle to Nashville was an exception, in that he documented it. But his posts about flying to competitions going way back to his earlier days in Colorado, were often cryptic and at least a day after he actually flew. So this post might have been one of those, and the white jacket post may have been taken at the Processing Center in LA. It actually makes the most sense to me now that I've thought of it. We'll see!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
After all that, on his way to LA. In fact since he often posts after the fact, he may already be there 😂

I'm certain that the jacket photo is in Team Processing. That flying post was brilliant!. It was hiding in plain sight. I am actually in awe of Jason's ability to create these puzzles! We can now assume that he's going on the Team USA plane. It was that jacket photo that got me thinking.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
But whhhhy back to Canada just to fly back to LA? Why not go straight from where he was with Rohene? Seems like a lot of unnecesary travel!

But looks like he’s on his way! Everything crossed 🤞🏻

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
But whhhhy back to Canada just to fly back to LA? Why not go straight from where he was with Rohene? Seems like a lot of unnecesary travel!

But looks like he’s on his way! Everything crossed 🤞🏻
As I said in my earlier post, he and Tracy needed to go back to Canada to get everything they needed for the Olympics. That would include documentation, clothes, everything. They were not expecting to have to quarantine in the US after Nats. In hindsight, it would have been a good idea to have everything with them. But Tracy is a Canadian citizen. She was admitted to the US with the expectation that she would return to Canada after a certain period of time. She probably would not have been able to travel to Beijing without returning to Canada. And I'm sure both of them needed clothes and other things for the longer trip to China. So they spent the week in Chicago and then returned to Canada and now they are in LA awaiting transport to Beijing. The trip to Nats and Tracy picking up covid just complicated everything.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Also Vincent. NBC Olympics insta story seems to show plane departing from gate so either we have a lot of silent skaters or the people who are postulating a second flight in a few days are right.