Jason Brown | Page 959 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

sworddance21

On the Ice
Watching a little bit of Shoma's new free to Air on a G String and wishing again for a collaboration between Shoma and Rohene. I think Shoma comes the closest of the skaters I see now to someone that Ro could truly push in terms of choreo difficulty in the way he does with Jason.

noskates

Record Breaker
A little late for the "what will he do" exercise. Quite honestly, I do not want Jason to compete again. I think it will be very difficult for him to repeat this past season. He's set a new standard for men's figure skating IMO and I don't think we'll see men who can only jump. I sincerely hope his influence will manifest in men striving for performance value as well as just jumps. And I'm not minimizing jumping difficulty, just saying that isn't enough anymore. Sinnerman and Schindler's List were the perfect storm - that will be hard to beat. I think Jason will continue to branch out in choreography (hopefully with Rohene in some capacity) and I'll bet anything he goes back for his college degree. Jason was raised to be well-rounded and figure skating hasn't been the only thing in his life. I bet there are new and exciting adventures he's looking forward to off the ice. Again - just my opinion, And whatever he does, I hope we can still see him skate

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason is back in Chicago preparing for his last shows, and skating side by side 2As with Rohene and Rohene's student Alexa Gasparetto :

Maybe Rohene will convince him to coach there yet :)

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Who knew Japan had a fall Stars on Ice?

And Jason is scheduled to appear. I suppose he can just stay after the Japan Open. :)

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Who knew Japan had a fall Stars on Ice?

And Jason is scheduled to appear. I suppose he can just stay after the Japan Open. :)

That's cool! I didn't know that he'd been invited to do that show.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
A little late for the "what will he do" exercise. Quite honestly, I do not want Jason to compete again. I think it will be very difficult for him to repeat this past season. He's set a new standard for men's figure skating IMO and I don't think we'll see men who can only jump. I sincerely hope his influence will manifest in men striving for performance value as well as just jumps. And I'm not minimizing jumping difficulty, just saying that isn't enough anymore. Sinnerman and Schindler's List were the perfect storm - that will be hard to beat. I think Jason will continue to branch out in choreography (hopefully with Rohene in some capacity) and I'll bet anything he goes back for his college degree. Jason was raised to be well-rounded and figure skating hasn't been the only thing in his life. I bet there are new and exciting adventures he's looking forward to off the ice. Again - just my opinion, And whatever he does, I hope we can still see him skate
Not too late. He still hasn't said anything. I think your view of back to school, coaching, choreo and ice shows is a good guess. I think he's testing the waters now to see what there is for him out there. I honestly doubt that he wants to go back into full gear training and competition, but he's definitely not ready to say that he's giving up. Ashley Wagner was in a similar situation and agreed to do an inconsequential competition in Albany (for which the competitors were apparently never paid) which I went to. She hadn't trained much. She came out on the ice and I could see her face clearly and what I saw was "What am I doing here?" About a week later, she announced her retirement from competition officially. Japan Open might be the competition where Jason will make up his mind. He's going up against Shoma and Yuma who are training for this coming season. It will be lots of fun and interesting! Jason always says that the performance aspect of skating is what he loves the most. If he can keep getting ice shows, that might be enough for him. He's made so many friends in skating, if he can skate with them in shows, he might be as happy as he was in competing. We'll see! He'll make a good decision.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tim Dolensky's IG stories show him meeting up with Jason in Japan. And a photo of baby Tim and baby Jason, awww.

Tim is skating in a Disney show in Japan and has been for some time, looks like it could be Aladdin? I still miss him on the competitive circuit. :cry:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
So is Jason getting free suits from his Ralph Lauren gig? :) Cleaning up nicely in preparation for Jordan's big day.

They might not be free, but if Jason is a brand ambassador for them, he's doing his job. Jason wears clothes very well.

Apparently the Fall SOI is a show that was originally scheduled when the rest of the SOI tour happened, but due to covid, got canceled. So they rescheduled it. I don't know if Jason was scheduled to do the original one, but he was invited to do this one. It's one long weekend in one city. It had originally been a 3 city tour, but became a two city tour. This is the 3rd city.

He's also working with Ro, so excited to see what they decide to do for the SOI show and Japan Open.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We already know he's a fan but such lovely words for Jason from Daniel Grassl:

And I really loved Jason Brown. He was one of my idols because he is a complete skater, you know, he has good jumps, good spins and of course amazing presentation.❤️

More about choreo with Jason in the interview: